The Cartel Campaign

JohnTC02

The Cartel Campaign v4 is now ready for release.

Download Link:

Download.

Mission Author: JohnTC02

Map Author: JohnTC02/ various authors

File Size: 67.6 Mb

Version: 4

Important note to all beta testers who tried this mission, please delete all save games and old versions of the campaign or you may have problems playing.

The Cartel Campaign

This is a eight mission campaign which is loosely based on the Mexican drug war, your task here is to rid Mexico of the main drug trafficking organizations to try and bring some stability to the country.

All the missions are conversions from my series of Cartel co-op missions, all of the maps have been reduced in size and where needed the amount of objectives have also been reduced, the AI from all the co-op versions have been replaced to give a different feel to the missions and make them more campaign friendly.

All the missions include:

1. New loading screens

2. Custom briefings and mission maps.

3. Some missions include a Mule drop.

4. I have used the ships crate as a resupply unit, these are dotted around the map and are recognizable by a "Danger Explosives" sign above each of the crates, just use them as you would the resupply mule.

Act I:

Operation Coronado

Operation Alianza

Operation Manosos

Act II:

Los Leopardos

Operation Solare

Gunrunner

Act III:

Operation Sinaloa

Operation Salazar

To install, place the campaign_cartel_v4 bundle into your “custom_levels” folder. Start GRAW2 then select “Campaign” in the lower left of your screen. Use the arrows in the upper right to select the “Cartel_Campaign”. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT:

Please remove any old versions before installing this release or the game will crash on start-up.

Thanks goes to the beta testers:

thales100, rahnman, kaapo, TAW_JayBOT, oz-ares, Wacko1, Puck, BikerBob and RickDekkard.

DOWNLOAD ENTRY ADDED

Suspected bug - Mission 05 Operation Solare:

Teammate #3 and #4 land incorrectly outside the metal sheet, because the Blackhawk goes a bit too far during its flight.

And it happened once that Mitchell and teammate #2 landed just atop the fence. Then NO ai or objective were spawned. It behaved just like the scripts (or something else, I'm not sure) are not activated or initialized.

Suggesting moving the destination point of the Blackhawk a bit closer towards the Narcotics objective (thus the round building).

Having a lot of fun with the new campaign.

May I suggest if you want to make a new campaign, use Guerrero. Jungles, narcos, guerillas, mountains, lots of tiny villages.

As a volunteer, I write Mexican drug war news for http://www.rantburg.com, so I can help with scenarios, as I read Spanish language press (aided by Google Translate) routinely.

Edited by badanov

Teammate #3 and #4 land incorrectly outside the metal sheet, because the Blackhawk goes a bit too far during its flight.

And it happened once that Mitchell and teammate #2 landed just atop the fence. Then NO ai or objective were spawned. It behaved just like the scripts (or something else, I'm not sure) are not activated or initialized.

Suggesting moving the destination point of the Blackhawk a bit closer towards the Narcotics objective (thus the round building).

Didn't ANYONE experience this bug?! HELP!!! :angry:

Edited by candy76041820

I've checked it out 4 different times now and I can't get anything wrong here.

John I'm a fluent Spanish speaker, a combat vet, and a security professional (NOT A RENT-A-COP, ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING USEFUL). Anything I can do to help you continue to develop these types of campaigns, just PM me. when i finally get GRAW 2, i look forward to DLing this. like a boss.

I've checked it out 4 different times now and I can't get anything wrong here.

OK then, I'm gonna post a screenshot here.bugreport.jpg

This was taken at the beginning of the mission, and immediately after my ghosts' landing. Mitchell, Ramirez(#2) and Hume(#4) landed outside the fence, while Beasley(#3, outside the picture to the left) luckily landed in the correct place.

No xml's inside my %gamedir%\local\english\units\vehicles. Actually, no directory named "vehicles" exists under the units folder.

Edited by candy76041820

Just finished up your campaign. Great fun as I expected and well worth the wait. :thumbsup: The only part I didn't like,due to my knuckleheaded squadmates,was the last mission in the parking garage. They went in and up the levels fairly well but trying to get them back out was a royal pain in the backside. :wall: They would get stuck on the other side of the fence, that you had to blow, right in the corner. Took about a half hour of pushing and order clicking to convince them not to keep going into those corners. I just about shot them for not following orders. :hehe: Thanks for many hours of gameplay. Just wish campaigns weren't so difficult for you to put together as they are a blast to play.

Version 5 has been released, there was a problem with mission 05 Operation Solare, the blackhawk would sometimes overshoot the drop off point if this happened the mission would not continue, this should now be fixed.

Please remove any older versions of this campaign before installing v5.

V5 has been added to the download entry.

Thanks goes to Candy for his help with testing the updated version. :thumbsup:

Version 5 has been released, there was a problem with mission 05 Operation Solare, the blackhawk would sometimes overshoot the drop off point if this happened the mission would not continue, this should now be fixed.

Please remove any older versions of this campaign before installing v5.

V5 has been added to the download entry.

Thanks goes to Candy for his help with testing the updated version. :thumbsup:

Glad I can make my contribution to these mission mods. :whistle:

A small bug encountered. However I'm not posting for another update. Just to mention it. <_<

In the Gunrunner mission, detonating the transmitter after having stepped into the bunker (from the damaged warehouse stairs entrance) is not a good idea. The sub-objectives (lab, C4 the door, etc.) won't be activated.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome and very welcome addition to the rather sparse selection of mod campaigns for GRAW2. One funny thing that I've encountered before a few times is the 'unkillable dude'. In mission one of this campaign, I've had a couple of tries at stopping whatshisname from getting away in the helicopter. On one try I spray-painted the inside of the heli with the pilot's brains, using a Glock 18 on FA from about 4-feet. Yet somehow he managed to take off and fly away. I'm assuming this objective can't really be achieved for plot reasons?

• 5 weeks later...

I play on The Cartel Campaign v5

Great maps John,

I have an other bug with Operation Solare...

I like to play the campaign on multiplayer...

This mission doesn't work , when the it starts, everybody is falling strait to hell (in the ground of the map) I can see the map from above and the mission ends 2 seconds later.

Am I the only one having this problem?

BOuzzi

I play on The Cartel Campaign v5

Great maps John,

I have an other bug with Operation Solare...

I like to play the campaign on multiplayer...

This mission doesn't work , when the it starts, everybody is falling strait to hell (in the ground of the map) I can see the map from above and the mission ends 2 seconds later.

Am I the only one having this problem?

BOuzzi

Tried it out, and exactly same bug encountered.

snap010.png

snap012.png

(The red background resembles imagination of the hell itself, eh? :devil: )

Edited by candy76041820

Hey John....

I know that this is not the subject but,

how for god sake to find your map Operation Phoenix v1. Nowhere to be found, but somehow its on some server (wont name it). I was able to find map at (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57672&st=0&gopid=580163&#entry580163) but its pass protected in RAR (as, among others is very stupid).... Man give us normal download or tell where to find it PLZ...

Hi Mile_RS,

Have a look at the title of that forum where you found the map, there's a clue there as to why you can only find a password protected copy. :rolleyes:

It's ummm, still in it's beta stage so the password is there to stop it getting out into the public domain as it may still have some bugs.

Once released it will be on our download system and the beta thread will be closed, oh and one more thing, chill out man you will get it when it's done.

OK back on topic, thanks for pointing out the other issues with the campaign, I'll take a look and release an update. :thumbsup:

John