Operation Pegasus

Operation Pegasus v1 is now ready for testing.

Been a while since I've done a coop map, this is a new map built from the ground up using a clean version of the tunnels map by LoBo FieRo so thanks goes to him for the use of his landscape.

Known issues:

For some reason there are some strange flickering shadows in the center of the map, never seen this problem before and so far I haven't found a fix so I hope it doesn't cause to many problems while playing.

Important, please read the instructions below before playing the mission.

Large Map switch:

There is one new switch at the initial spawn point, using this will open up the map giving you two extra objectives.

Once the extra objectives are activated you must complete them to finish the mission, you can not go back and turn the switch off (remove the extra objectives) after you have activated the large map so use it with caution.

Switches and features:

As usual this mission is adaptive, if you are playing alone you will be in Easy mode but if more players join then it will update itself and then be in Hard mode.

If there is more than one player the mission will be in Hard mode but if all but one player leaves, the mission will then be in Easy mode.

Easy Switch:

If there is more than one player then use this switch to play the Easy version (this switch does nothing if you are playing alone).

Hard switch:

If you are playing alone then use this switch to play the Hard version (this switch does nothing if there is more than one player).

Large Map switch:

Use this to open up the map, this will give you more objectives and AI, you can still use the "Easy" or "Hard" switch for for the large map.

Night switch:

Use this to play the night version.

You have 60 seconds to make your selection from the available switches.

The mission will not start until you get close to the gap in the rocks at the initial spawn.

Map name for dedicated servers:

coop_tc02_operation_pegasus_v1

Thanks for testing and I hope you enjoy the mission.

John

Download:

Operation Pegasus v1.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John,

I tested the mission in easy mode. I didn't notice anything that needs to be fixed. I really like the layout and the look and feel of the map. I think I finished with 105 kills, which I think is good since I'm sure I didn't get all the AI. It's great to see you haven't given up on GRAW2. I'll try to do hard mode and night mode and see how that goes. Nice Job!

BTW, flashlights are back in my mod and should not cause any problems with your missions so you are free to use them if you like!

Cheers,

Rahn

Hi Rahn,

Thanks for testing, although I enjoyed making my first mission for GR I find that modding GR:AW2 is much more rewarding as you can use more props and manipulate them to suit your needs, now if we only have the better game play and AI from GR then combine that with the graphics and modability of GR:AW2 we would be onto a winner.

What I tried to do with this mission is make the easy version play a bit more like GR by trying to avoid all the AI rush that you often get in GR:AW2 making the mission a bit more "recon" and a bit less run and gun, due to the game engine and AI design this is not easy but I think it turned out a bit more GR'ish than some missions.

Did you use the "Large Map" switch, this opens up the tunnels and adds two more objectives that you have to complete to finish the mission.

John

John.

First of all, I'm sorry.

I'm not speak English well.

So I'm writing English was.

Well, the translators and the translation of this article that correctly.

My para ...

Operation Pegasus.

This file gives you a password is required to use'm releasing.

What's the password for this file.

Did you know your password?

This file is for me the password for the heads give me the chance to use the file.

I'm begging you.

Edited by suneye2

Hi suneye2,

Welcome to the forums, these missions are still in the beta (testing) stage, they all have passwords so only the beta testers have access to the files.

These missions may contain bugs so are not for the general public to use.

Once they are finished the missions will be added to our download section for all to use so it's best to wait until they are released.

If you want more coop missions for GR:AW2 then have a look here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=54

Thanks,

John

John.

Played this map and thoroughly enjoyed it. I found no bugs or glitches apart from the flickering light glitch you mentioned. This did not spoil the mission nor make it any harder to complete. I couldnt help but notice the map itself has huge potential for the placement of AI, vehicles and mission objectives but i feel your choices leave a nice nice balance in a non laggy map.

End result

I got killed lots

I fell off one cliff and perished

I broke a fingernail and I lost my mascara

Still, thas war.......

Hey John,

I played throught the mission on hardcore and opened up the tunnels. Only saw one thing that I think needs to be fixed. These guys seem to be stuck here. Eventually they turned around and shot at me but they couldn't move from this position. The image is small (I'm lazy) but it is right next to the production unit objective. Other than that everything looked good to me.

Rahn

20aedd5c1c226656a277cf049b7994d0a299715f81a681b5191cdecb632aeb842g.jpg

John,

I played this map last night with two others on a dedicated server. Great map, a change of the same ol' scenery was refreshing.

We played with Large Map and Hard Mode selected. Noted that most of the AI were either unresponsive or slow to respond when approached.

Killed several within 10 feet or so when they should have had the drop on us. It did improve after the first couple objectives. Also, noted that the

Havoc moved very slow across the sky. Thanks for the great map and please keep producing original ones.

TGZ Puck

Hey John, glad to see a new map from you. Question; is there supose to be shinny icey like spots on the sides of the mountain and other places? Tonight I was the onlyone that saw it but the first night we played it others saw it. Just wondering if it's suppose to be there as ice or just texture. I like your map a lot just hope you add tanks or armared cars and more ai. :thumbsup:

Thanks for testing folks. :thumbsup:

Rahn, there are two AI that spawn there so it looks like they didn't want to move, I'll take a look at that.

Puck, we didn't have any lag or unresponsive AI issues when playing, just wondering if the server you used was a bit slow responding do you remember what ping you were getting.

Hey Goose, long time since I've heard from you, hope all is well.

Those shiny spots sound to me like missing textures, it's odd that no one else has seen them, is there any chance you could post a screenshot so I know where they are and what I'm looking for, it's difficult to find these problems when I don't see them myself but I will look at all the texture files to see if there are any problems.

Anyone else seen these missing textures?

Thanks all,

John

Operation Pegasus v1.1 is ready for testing.

Had a look at the texture files and there was a problem with the path names in one of the files so I hope this issue should be fixed.

Moved the AI that Rahn mentioned in his post, it's a bit tight for space in that building due to the fence doors making it hard to spawn the AI out of view, have to see how it goes.

That's about it, not that many changes here to test but it would be good if those that had the texture issues could have a quick look to make sure all is well.

Cheers,

John

Download:

Operation Pegasus v1.1.

Operation Pegasus v1.1 is ready for testing.

Had a look at the texture files and there was a problem with the path names in one of the files so I hope this issue should be fixed.

Moved the AI that Rahn mentioned in his post, it's a bit tight for space in that building due to the fence doors making it hard to spawn the AI out of view, have to see how it goes.

That's about it, not that many changes here to test but it would be good if those that had the texture issues could have a quick look to make sure all is well.

Cheers,

John

Download:

Operation Pegasus v1.1.

Well guess what John. The server was being used at the time I was going to go in and take some screen shots. So, I opened up my own server with the V1 & V1.1 and the texture is fine now . :whistle: So, it looks like it was something between me & the COOP server. I'll try again later to take some S/C just to show you.

WOW!! You know I saw the same thing happen. When I tested the map I used my mod and didn't see any texture issues. Then I got sidelined trying to find a way to make the AI use their grenade launchers and be more generally agressive. I tried GRIN_Wolfsong's GRAW2 extended mod because he had changed some of the AI settings. When I loaded the map with his mod I had the same texture issues EVERYWHERE! I just chocked it up as "one of the wierd things". As soon as I tested it with my mod I had no texture issues again. I wonder what it could be that causes that? I noticed that he changed some of the textures and ambient noises in some of the maps. Maybe that's what caused it. Hmmmmm..............

Rahn

John,

We were on the dedicated server tonight with v1 (not v1.1) and definitely had texture "issues". Some of us saw the grey "ice" and some did not. I will load the new version on tomorrow and see if it has the same problem.

Cheers,

Rahn

John,

I finally got the link to work (really don't know how, it just appeared on my desktop ..... like magic). I have the map up on our server and tried it out by myself. I saw no texture problems. If you wait a few days we will be able to get you feedback from the rest of the squad.

Thanks,

Rahn

Thanks for the feedback Rick.

Rahn, pleased you got the link working, no idea what happened there.

No problem with waiting a few days hope it all goes well for your squad, gives me more time to work on my next mission anyway, making another coop mission. :)

:thumbsup:

John

Hi John,

great mission but I need to report the same as Puck. FPS problems. Does anybody else realize that as well?

Lazy AIs some times face to face but they do not shoot. All helis was stuttering as well because our fps on both clients was ~15 through the whole map (playing on dedi local LAN server and 2 clients)

Have not seen any texture failures or any glitches. Just a flickering in the middle but not much and does not confuse anything.

All in all a very huge map and I guess it's very interesting to play if enough fps.

With greetings,

kaapo's