Unable to reload GR on PC (but it did load in the past)...

Pixel Killer

Hello Everyone

I'm not new to GR, but I haven't played in ages, and I need to just chill out and kill some pixels.

Firstly, my PC is a Compaq Presario running Windows 7. The game has loaded in the past with no problems. As with many things in life I became bored with the game, or rather I was playing it too much and so uninstalled or deleted the game (I forget which).

I've just tried again tonight to reload the game. Either through the autorun.exe and through the menu, but on both routes I get the same message: "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?" I click YES and the system removes the game which isn't there.

The version of game is REV065 which I have run with extension packs.

All help appreciated as I'm getting board with life...

Best Wishes

Pixel Killer

Hello Wombat50

I do not have D89EF3B3 on my machine. I also searched for the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Red Storm Entertainment (right-click on the folder Ghost Recon, left-click "delete" and accept the removal message)

Red Storm Entertainment FOLDER NOT PRESENT

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> App Paths (right-click on the folder GhostRecon.exe, left-click "delete" and accept the removal message)

FOUND AND DELETED

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Uninstall (right-click on the folder that starts.. {D89EF3B3-.. }, left-click "delete" and accept the removal message)

FOLDER NOT PRESENT

I tried to load the game again, but nothing...

Did you restart Windows after doing this bit. Any change to the registry will not have an effect until the next time windows is started.

FOUND AND DELETED

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Uninstall (right-click on the folder that starts.. {D89EF3B3-.. }, left-click "delete" and accept the removal message)

Sorry mate can't think of anything else. I hope you get it sorted.

And welcome to gr.net.