Starting Mission Modding - Davros Wiki

Spik@

John,

It makes perfect sense. You first place it as another class, but give it a name like Sniper01 and as that it written to the World.xml, you look up the Sniper01 in the xml and change it back to a sniper class ..... is that correct?!

And if I understand correctly, the option 'Sniper' is for snipers who are lying down?

Regards,

Spik@

P.S. How is your IGOR getting along?

#EDIT# This trick with the sniper....wouldnt that work with the Apache too? First place the LittleBird and change it in the xml(s) to the Apache?

Edited by Spik@

Hi Spike,

Yep all correct, well almost. :P

The "Sniper" will take the best stance he can so may lie down or he could be standing or kneeling, the "SniperKneeling" is just what it says, it forces the AI into that position and will not move, again same for the "SniperStanding.

I often use the "SniperKneeling" when I place AI in concealed places on the ground, ie, in corners or hidden alleyways, when placing them on the rooftops I always use "Sniper" the AI will then find the best stance for that position.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for the apache as it also crashes the game. :(

Igor is going well, I have 9 missions done so far, you can find them here, if you want to post some feedback that would be great.

:thumbsup:

John

John,

You already have 9 missions made for GR? Are you bored? :lol:

And I wasn't aware of GR still having such a large mod community??? I remember the times where there were hundreds of people playing online. I moved on to some other games and after a while I stopped by and I think there was only one room with some people playing. I thought this game was dead in the water? :huh:

Not so long ago I installed it again, with a trip to memory lane in mind, but I was slightly dissappointed. It was good, but not as good as I remembered.

I will see if I can find the time to install your mods and play them. It's no problem giving you feedback on them, as soon as I do.

If you have GRAW2 missions to test, I will gladly do so too, although you probably have a reasonable fan-base to test those! :P

Regards,

Spik@