no news on a PC release date

The problem with this sort of thing is a PC version hasnt actually been annouced as such, and certainly never a release date, so these stores never had a game to take pre orders on and certainly couldnt say it had been cancelled, you cannot cancel something which technically was never announced.

You mean like Ubisoft's own "OFFICIAL UBIShop® store" announcing a download version of GR:FS PC, was never actually there, but it is, but it isn't, but it is, but it's not official, but it is...?

This Ubi-double-speak is so confounding -- I'm so confused! Does this mean it will be free?

That link isnt working for me but if you can provide me with a screen shot of the page showing GRFS PC I'll look into it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*long sigh*

I don't think we need a lulzsec Ubisoft email hack to imagine the conversation...

Ubisoft HQ France 2010 "blanket ban on any GRFS PC platform discussion pending release of the console versions"

Ubisoft UK to Ubisoft US July 2011 "hey, do you guys know you are advertising that thing we are not allowed to talk about, in the Ubishop?!"

Ubisoft US "Wha????!!!"

Ubisoft HQ France "QUOI?!!!!!!!!!"

Ubisoft US Aug 2011 "Vacancy, UbiShop administrator. "

Yeah, that’s probably exactly how it went too

Yet another classic Mega PR Fail from Ubi

We can still cling to the hope that just because it was removed from the store does not mean “it‘s cancelled”, simply because it should not have been listed yet as they haven’t officially announced they’re even going to do a PC version yet.

We can still cling to the hope that just because it was removed from the store does not mean “it‘s cancelled”, simply because it should not have been listed yet as they haven’t officially announced they’re even going to do a PC version yet.

Oh yeh agree totally, this does not mean the game is non existent.

If it does or will exist, I'm sure it will be officially "announced" after the console version is released and then we will get the predictable PR of "we are taking extra time to make sure the PC version has the best possible experience......" Meaning they will port the console version over, add KB/M support, Re-mappable keys, some graphics/sound options and call it day.

Hey guys... just to clarify that yes as you noticed it has been removed. As I said on the Ubi forums though this isnt for any dubious reasons.

It shouldnt have been listed for pre order because its technically not been announced and doesnt have a release date,

the fact it was listed in one region and not others was causing confusion so for the moment its been removed.

I dont have any information on a PC release, at least no more than I've already said but when that changes Kimi or I will let you know :)