no news on a PC release date

Or... They feel that no PR is better then PR that only gets a landslide of negative reaction via their forum and here. As I recall, the negative to positive post ratio in reaction to every Ghost Recon 2 PC news release was never less then 200:1, and reaction to GR:FS by the PC audience looked to be headed in the same direction.

Even though GR:FS is obviously not going to be my favorite game, it will probably be as close as Ubisoft is capable of getting considering the direction they obviously wan to move 'franchise'... I wish they'd clue us in more, but even if we see cheap but fairly polished port like R6 Lockdown, I'd be more pleased then with nothing ala GR2...

blink.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a high end pc anymore but I wouldn't mind [GR] on my ipad2. I bet it would run quite well and net play would be ok.

Very nice idea! Could cut in-flight withdrawal. :)

Either GRFS has been cancelled on PC or it is so completely different from the console versions of GRFS that they aren't ready to show it yet.

The latter would be my favorite explanation.

I wish they'd clue us in more, but even if we see cheap but fairly polished port like R6 Lockdown, I'd be more pleased then with nothing ala GR2...

+1 :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been noticed and commented on elsewhere, but I discovered a possible positive indicator about GR:FS for PC in my monthly rounds; there's now a pre-order option in the UBISHop™. Disconcerting however is there is no actual release date, and only a direct download option; usually the media release is offered first or concurrently -- hopefully this is not some kind of typo, or we're not going to see Ghost Recon: Online somehow rebranded into Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC...

huh.gif

just done a quick skim through of this topic, i've probably missed out some key info somewhere along the line, but at no point does it say that GR:Online is GRFS PC, as far as looking through the ubi forums, a ubi forum manager said that GR:Online IS NOT GRFS PC.

so i don't know how many times people have to repeat themselves to reassure people these days.

for apparently hopeful people (for GRFS PC) you aren't half pessimistic.

honestly people have some faith! :rolleyes:

sorry that may have been seen as a rant, but was not and it's over now anyway. scalled a strong opinion.

i do think that from a recent thread post here, GRFS actually has more of a standing chance of being released on the PC. all we can really do is sit, and wait, no amount of moaning will change Ubi's mind, i think the strive for a revamp of [GR] proves that point

Alice I don't think anyone is neurosing over GR:FS PC, we're just Ghost Recon Fans, and as such are curious what Ubisoft's latest antics might mean. There were similar signals when they backed off plans for Ghost Recon 2 PC (stopped all press information for the PC, logo material disappeared, etc.) -- and that Ubisoft will neither confirm or deny that GR:FS is planned for the PC is odd and intersting in its own right.

For Rocky:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4582/ubishop.png

When you select the product for your platform, price changes and box shots are reflected over on the right as well, and for PC you get the unique art you see in the shot. My first reaction was 'Oh good, someone at Ubisoft has made some effort to include this in the Ubishop, that has to be a good sign', but, Amazon for example uses a tempate for all it's games that includes a slot for each platform, and they've made mistakes in filling them all many times. It seems a reasonable bet that Ubisoft is either sub-contracting the Ubishop or using storefront middleware that might allow for the same kind of mistake by whoever is doing the site. So for now probably means nothing but it's one more thing we can keep an eye on...

smile.gif

Thanks for the screenshot, and I think it definitely means something. It means you will be able to download the PC version of FS for $59.99 sometime after March next year, when the console versions are released. Nice find thanks for posting it.

I wouldn't put too much faith in that report just yet. There was an instance when I went into GameStop and asked if I could pre-order an EverQuest II expansion, only to be told that the game had been cancelled. On the flip side, if GR:FS really is cancelled for the PC, are you really missing anything? I could make you a GR mod with pretty blue rings around the barrel of your gun, if that would make you feel better. I'm sure that we could even find a way to mod the UI so that ammo/magazine count and other pertinent information is displayed on said wispy rings of futureness, to enhance the effect. Then, we'll get someone else to create a mission pack where you run, run, run as fast as you can and shoot everything you see, all the while with someone shouting "MITCHELL! MITCHELL!" in your ear at the most inopportune times, and we'll call it Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PC).

Sound good? :P

Sound good? tongue.gif

Hmmmm...

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

"An F-16 on legs, trained to lock-on to his objective even in the world's most complex, high-risk warzones."

I think what's really needed to beat Ubisoft to the punch is one of these:

f16iinflightso7.jpg

Mounted on a pair of these:

8d04633r.jpg

Import to OGR, and if it can tap dance -- Original Ghost Recon still 'has it all' -- and then some...

thumbsup.gif

Just a quick follow-up: I received a reply from Amazon that explicitly assures me that GR:FS PC is on track for a March 6, 2012 release, and that I should rest assured, as Amazon takes this very seriously and holds their suppliers to the same high standards they set for themselves. The reply came a bit to fast for high level corroboration and confirmation of product fulfillment, but defiantly confirms that Amazon's listing is deliberate and not in error. As a side note searches on Amazon now turn up the PC version as well, where just a week ago that was not the case and the only way to discover it was via platform tabs from the console version listing...

zorro.gif

Edited by 101459

I don't know if this has been noticed and commented on elsewhere, but I discovered a possible positive indicator about GR:FS for PC in my monthly rounds; there's now a pre-order option in the UBISHop™.

For Rocky:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4582/ubishop.png

and for PC you get the unique art you see in the shot.

Thanks for the screenshot, and I think it definitely means something. It means you will be able to download the PC version of FS for $59.99 sometime after March next year, when the console versions are released. Nice find thanks for posting it.

Interestingly, there is also a PSP version listed. Previous thoughts had been that Ghost Recon Predator was the PSP Ghost Recon for this generation.

Errm Guys, That was already posted (a month ago)... and in this very thread even :rolleyes:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56968&st=40&p=574727&#entry574727

and Rocky, you even posted about it on the Ubi forums at the time :P

Just a quick follow-up: I received a reply from Amazon that explicitly assures me that GR:FS PC is on track for a March 6, 2012 release, and that I should rest assured, as Amazon takes this very seriously and holds their suppliers to the same high standards they set for themselves.

The reply came a bit to fast for high level corroboration and confirmation of product fulfillment,

as you suspect, Amazon might just be getting their wires crossed over the 360+PS3 versions of the game for that particular date

a PC version is likely to be a while after the console versions have been released, certainly nothing points to a simultaneous launch, given the lack of publicity.

The problem with this sort of thing is a PC version hasnt actually been annouced as such, and certainly never a release date, so these stores never had a game to take pre orders on and certainly couldnt say it had been cancelled, you cannot cancel something which technically was never announced

I know that doesnt help you guys in trying to work out whats going on, I guess my point as its always been with this and similar issues is that information from online stores is not reflective of facts. Ultimately they want pre orders, the system needs a release date to take them so they'll pick what they consider their best educated guess. I suspect whats happened in this instance is they have done just that, then after a long period of still no date and no doubt many customers requesting more information, decided its best to remove the game from its listing which would on their system at least show as a cancellation even though its not whats happened.

The problem with this sort of thing is a PC version hasnt actually been annouced as such, and certainly never a release date, so these stores never had a game to take pre orders on and certainly couldnt say it had been cancelled, you cannot cancel something which technically was never announced.

You mean like Ubisoft's own "OFFICIAL UBIShop® store" announcing a download version of GR:FS PC, was never actually there, but it is, but it isn't, but it is, but it's not official, but it is...?

This Ubi-double-speak is so confounding -- I'm so confused! Does this mean it will be free?

rofl.gifohmy.gifblink.gifwacko.gif

Edited by 101459

You realize that the UBIShop isn't run by the GRFS team right? And that it is entirely possible that someone who was working on the page simply added a PC version being unaware that no official announcement has been made. A simple mistake being over analyzed by the community.

Bottom line, GRFS for PC has not been confirmed or denied yet. Ubi and RSE both have been adamantly clear in this. So until you see a press release from them stating one way or the other there's no sense in speculating.

You realize that the UBIShop isn't run by the GRFS team right?

You realise that I've acknowledged as much in seveal posts now, right? You also realize this isn't the first time Ubisoft's right hand isn't talking to the left? La main droite ne sait pas ce que fait la main gauche... Don't you think it's time that a company with so much consecutive reported loss got its ducks in a row?

blink.gif

Doesnt look like Ubi will sort themselves out. I mean look at the god awful new Call Of Juarez game. They messed with the core of the game and now they have one of the worst games of 2011. And from what I can tell about the new Brothers in Arms game, it will be going down the same path. GRFS has been changed to a GOW/Socom/COD hybrid that has disillusioned the core fan base and at the same time not impressed the mainstream or gaming media. On a plus Assassins Creed is a monster and Far Cry 3 has the potential to be a big hit. But they seem to have lost their way on several franchises.

Yes and even four out of five won't pay the bills the way Ubisoft throws money around. Most disturbing is the company's marketing is just weird, expensive weird, at a time when they must see the approaching prospect of not having enough revenue to keep the lights on... I hope it's not later then we think, and this is not the sort of implosion I saw where I was working with everyone panicking, control freaking, micro-managing while the water rushes in through unsecured water tight doors. Weird dalliances aside, I really like Ubisoft -- the game marketplace would have a huge, sad void without them...

huh.gif