no news on a PC release date

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can confirm it was. a while ago it used to have the old cover art though so. i just think Ubi need to back their ideas up and tell us what the hell is going on. and if the PC version isn't coming out they should release the engine source code for the first (and only to me) Ghost Recon.

Ghost recon online wont deliver the same way future soldier will. as if you are like me or tinker, we want SP and CO-OP not just this multi-player lark

Well hello everyone, i am new here, but i guess it's time to register here, because i am the webmaster of the little german website ghostrecon-game.de, the little partner of this big page :D. Hello Rocky :) My english isn't very well, but i'm working on it (it's the grammar).

@topic

Well in the german ubisoft message board there was a staff member from ubisoft, who explain which project was developed for each plattform. According to him Ghost Recon Future Soldier won't be released on PC.

Edit: Oh, someone was faster than me ;)

Edited by Shirakawa

the complete quote of what he said is

In order to provide times for a little clarity:

Ghost Recon on-line and Ghost Recon Future Soldier are two different projects!

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Full price title

Appears Q1/2012

For PS3/Xbox 360

Ghost Recon on-line

Free-2-Play Clientbasiert

Appears 2011

For PC

Geeting

so he doesn't actually say there wont be a PC of FS at all, he is just clarifying that FS and GR O are separate projects which we already knew

we already know the PS3/Xbox 360 of FS are being done by the same studio (which is why they are spoken of together) and released in Q1/2012

PC could just not be mentioned because the PC version release date hasn't been properly revealed and announced yet as it's reportedly being done separately

for example we do know full well that there is a Wii U version of Ghost Recon on-line too, but because he didn't specifically list it there should we now also start a post saying that the Wii U version is cancelled ? no of course not ;)

PC could just not be mentioned because the PC version release date hasn't been properly revealed and announced yet as it's reportedly being done separately

for example we know full well there is a Wii U version of Ghost Recon on-line too, but because he didn't specifically list it there should we now also start a post saying that the Wii U version is cancelled ? no of course not

Yes thats right, but this post supports the point, that GRFS will be released only at PS3 an Xbox at March 2012. We cannnot say what Ubisoft is planing for the future.

at the moment i dont know what infuriates me more, seeing the cancelled stamp on the PC version or the fact that Ubi wont back their ideas up and give us some information that is valid on this! :wall:

Edited by Zeealex

It just supports the point that GR:FS will be released for the PS3 and Xbox 360 at March 2012 - which Ubi have already said

there is no "only" about it yet, they've just mentioned dates that have been officially confirmed

We cannnot say what Ubisoft is planing for the future.

Exactly, might still be coming after those versions, remember they haven't actually announced a PC release date yet nor announced what studio(s) are developing it

all we have is that they plan to do a PC version and "details coming later", they haven't even officially said that they've started it yet! :(

PS3 and 360: same dev team, same release date, same content

PC info details coming at a later time

The Absence of Proof Is Not Proof of Absence
:P

Zeealex, Yes that unfortunately is the crap PR department/policy at Ubisoft in regard to the whole Tom Clancy brand that we have suffered for many many many many years and is unlikely to change anytime soon

The Absence of Proof Is Not Proof of Absence

Hehe :D Interesting wisdom. It took a bit of time until i translated and understood this in german - but it's good :D:P

@Zeealex

I agree.

Edited by Shirakawa

^_^

what can i say, I'm a "the glass is half full" kind of guy :lol:

after all I am still waiting for a Rainbow Six title too

:D Why you whisper? I think you aren't alone even at this board.

oops, nearly forgot to say Willkommen! :)

Danke ;) <--- this smiley looks ugly :D

Edited by Shirakawa

As I previously argued here, another PC title cancellation in the Ghost Recon series would be the final straw to irreversibly break the few fragile remains of what little positive sentiment the fan community retained towards Ubisoft. Throwing the crumbs of a stripped-down F2P version at the Ghost Recon PC holdouts wouldn't make a iota of difference then.

For anyone wading through the myriad of desperate, angry, and even hateful posts addressed at Ubisoft on web sites everywhere, it should become perfectly clear that this is the end of the line - Ubisoft has pushed us as far as we can be pushed. It's been 10 years now without a proper Ghost Recon sequel, which by itself is already a remarkable idiocy, but to not even provide any fresh sustenance to the hungry Ghost Recon PC masses at all would be a new low, even for Ubisoft.

Let's just hope that this is all a big misunderstanding, and that they have RSE working overtime on a no-nonsense version for PC gamers, to follow shortly after the console titles are released to Ubisoft's new key audience.

Hey guys im back and let me tell you Worried with the possibility of PC version will be or has been cancelled.... But like i said before, with the apparition of GR Online is a clear evidence that Ubisoft desingned that peace of crap instead of GRFS for PC... So if they did it... no more to say than Go to Hell Ubisoft

Sorry but im angry.

later.

Edited by mikeseoz

sorry to say this but is there really any need to say abbreviations if you write the meaning straight after? not logical to me,

anyway, GR O is probably more of a thing to tide PC gamers over until the release, and is probably not a replacement

More like a poor attemt at a peace offering for not developing GR-FS for the PC

Knowing the flak they would take for releasing a "tactical" shooter in 3rd person view and with only a 4 player co-op :wall:

Knowing the flak they would take for releasing a "tactical" shooter in 3rd person view and with only a 4 player co-op :wall:

I am quite sure that I am going to be spending my time playing ARMA 2 and later ARMA 3 instead of the upcoming GR titles. I am not looking forward to them at all. It is really sad what has happened to GR. :(

Only issue is that I do not know any people IRL or have any online buddies who would ever want to play ARMA.... They are missing out. :D

Edited by Oelmuvun

Check our ARMA Forums you want to post in there if you are looking for some games. Pls keep non GR:FS chatter to the relevant place though. :)

The US Ubisoft store still lists the PC version for pre-order with a release date in 2012

Nice find Pave, though have not seen this in the UK store anywhere, except for available for PS3 and XBox. <_<

@ Hammer, Try telling a man that has riden a bicycle for 10 years, that he needs to ride a tricycle now just to ensure he does not fall off. :P