Ghost Recon.net Forums

no news on a PC release date

Ubisoft are now showing the release date for the Xbox 360 + PS3 versions as March 2012

(this is just a refinement of the original announcement of "Fiscal 4th Quarter 2012" - which in calender time is Jan/Feb/Mar 2012)

But as usual there is no mention of the PC version and the PC boxart is notably absent from the updated "end credits"

2012-03Release.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. To be honest i doubt they will released the PC version...kinda sad UBISOFT dont care about PC Gamers being these the truly fans of GR.

Later guys and lets hope they will release the PC version for the TRULY FANS.

PS: think the PC version will be Ghost Recon Online :(

Edited by Pave Low
Posts Moved to the PC discussion forum

honestly though, if they dont release GRFS on PC i will be hacked off, but not as hacked off because i have an Xbox 360 there. but PC gamers are hungry, and they need feeding too.

i can imagine that perhaps they have something else in store for PC GRFS and probably differs greatly from the console versions. (like GRAW did) so maybe they didnt add the PC in because of said differences? or am i being optimistic? :P

Hi Mike, welcome to the site

PS: think the PC version will be Ghost Recon Online :(

No, GR:O is a completely separate IP, so we will still get GR: O regardless of if we get a PC FS or not

Hmmm. To be honest i doubt they will released the PC version...kinda sad UBISOFT dont care about PC Gamers being these the truly fans of GR.

We hope they will, but are at a complete loss to understand their total aversion to talking about the PC version.

only thing we can think to explain it is an internal rivalry at Ubi with 360/PS3 version and that part of the company is lobbing for the embargo on the PC until the 360/PS3 version is out

But yes it really is bizarre behavior, to smother one of your own product (and cut out over a third of your customers) in favor of one from a different internal team

normally companies are proud of their products and constantly singing it's praises in an effort to drive customer enthusiasm for sales

not to work on sometime for over 2 years and then just sling it on the table one-day and go "Oh OK then, there you go, buy it"

I've moved discussion on the "Blue circles" to a separate thread as it's off-topic for discussion on the release date and is something that really deserves it's own discussion thread

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56972

Edited by Pave Low

The lack of information about a PC release can no longer be seen as a simple oversight or marketing tactics. I think it is an alarming development, and by now I am all but convinced that Ubisoft will cancel Future Soldier for PC altogether. How in the world they could come up with this ludicrous plan, I have no idea though. Because Ubisoft's initiative to introduce Ghost Recon Online as PC exclusive hinted at a new found focus and gave hope to the existing PC fan base, which in turn bought them back some positive sentiment with the PC gamer crowd.

Now they appear to just throw all that away again. Ubisoft's announcement of PC focus and exclusivity for GRO has already been proven false advertising with their subsequent Wii U announcement, which is a marketing blunder of incredible proportions by itself, but to cancel GR:FS for PC would probably be the final nail in the coffin of Ubisoft's relationship with their PC customers. Even Ubisoft cannot be so completely removed from reality to not foresee the catastrophic outcome of another PC release cancellation in the Ghost Recon series. They might as well just close up shop.

has no one yet asked Kimi?

already posted several times before in other topics that She "cant talk about it yet"

PS3 and 360: same dev team, same release date, same content

PC info details coming at a later time

Take from that what you will...

as said above for some incomprehensible reason Ubi seem have an embargo on even talking about the PC version, probably until the 360+PS3 versions are released

They don't even list the PC version in the Ubi store

If it weren't for a few tiny crumbs, it would be hard to tell they were even working on a PC version.

If it weren't for a few tiny crumbs, it would be hard to tell they were even working on a PC version.

What tiny crumbs? Has there been even one official word about a PC release at E3?

PS3 and 360: same dev team, same release date, same content

PC info details coming at a later time

Take from that what you will...

which goes back to what i said earlier

i can imagine that perhaps they have something else in store for PC GRFS and probably differs greatly from the console versions. (like GRAW did) so maybe they didnt add the PC in because of said differences so much so it's false advertising showing PC version on the trailers? or am i being optimistic?

i'm wondering if the PC version may have more of a focus if i'm honest. i think it's out there but maybe they want to keep us in the dark for as long as they see fit. i'm beginning to think we (PC Gamers) Might have a new GRFS to look forward to.

Well, if they pulled off releasing a surprise hardcore GR for PC gamers in return for canceling GRFS I'd be all for it, of course. But the GRO fiasco with the sudden Wii U inclusion has me doubt this now. There's always this ongoing PR talk about "back to the roots" and "focus on core values" and then we get kicked in the face with another Ubisoft blunder. This is really getting old fast, and I am once again beginning to loose all my patience with them.

Come on, Ubisoft! You must have SOME strategy, so why not share a bit of info with your customers for a change, to try and rebuild some trust. From where I'm sitting this is something urgently needed in our relationship, as many of your fans are already on the verge of filing divorce. You may get the kids, put I'm sure we'd keep the house and the dog.

;)

Well, after considering the facts that: the PC logo, and PC box shots have started disappearing from all new GR:FS marketing copy, that a PC SKU was listed on Amazon that is now pulled, and that there is no mention of the PC version in E3 presentation or coverage got me curious, because Marketing 1001 would tell anyone this is bad marketing for any intended (or unintended) product for any market, irrespective of release schedule commitments.

So, I did a little leg work, or rather a Pally at E3 did... I will confirm nothing, will not name names or sources, and can not vouch for credibility of this information in any way, so, this will have to stand as hearsay/rumor unless or until someone from Ubisoft officially confirms or denies what at least sounds to me like an entirely plausible explanation -- that all plans for a PC SKU have been pulled due to budgetary constraints during a project reboot, and the desire not to see GR:FS compete with GR:O, there is no PC version currently under development or planned, but no one is commenting as Ubisoft does not want to rule out rolling the project on PC depending on financial performance outcomes...

Fact or fiction, or someone shilling for the competition? I very much want it to be one of the latter...

Edited by 101459
Either way, I was hoping to have by now found out that UBI were going to bring out a Mac version, but from the news above I am pretty doubtful that this will ever happen now.

Cobblers = a very sad panda.

+1 :thumbsup:

Sounds a bit worrying right enough.

PC GRFS Amazon.

There is a link to the PC version on that page, if it disappears I guess that will be the answer.

Well if that isn't something! It was on Amazon months ago, and after a few E3 videos I was sold and searching Amazon daily but could find nothing for PC... Obviously it could have been anything from my ineptness, to sight maintainence, or fog knows what...

Regardless, I very much do not want to see a muddle of Fan ire that 'GR:FS isn't OGR' or anything else prevent GR:FS from making an appearance on the PC as happened with Ghost Recon 2, so Amazon has my preorder, fingers are crossed, and we'll see what happens.

Considering the steller slow burn sales of Ghost Recon, and even under-performing games on the PC; it's difficult to understand how this could not be a low cost step up from doing one and a half console iterations (due to the shakey state of the PSN) in securing more revenue certainty for the GR:FS....

Edited by 101459

Well guys like i said before... Lets hope PC version will come out.

Here is a Multilayer of the Game... it definitely got Ghost Recon Flavor at this (Kinda love it)

{Edit:Thanks but that video is already posted in the Xbox 360 forums (as it's a 360 version video)

But once again at the End of the video it PC doesn't appear as platform..

Regards

PS: Sorry if i broke any rule on posting.

Edited by Pave Low
Sorry, trying to keep version discussion in relevant forums (and not have duplicate posting)

take a look at the graw 2 PS3 trailer and you'll see what i mean by what i say (sorry being annoying)

then the PC version

notice how these two VERY different versions have their own trailer. i have a feeling it will go the same way for FS. and the reason Ubi haven't mentioned it in E3 is because it's still very much a work in progress.

but lets wait and see

I presume PC gamers will get "free" Ghost Recon Online rather than future soldier?,

As posted above, in the 5th post in this thread

GR:O is a completely separate IP, so we will still get GR: O regardless of if we get a PC FS or not

but is Ghost Recon Online also playable on the console?.

Yes, as is listed in the GR:O forums