Rocky's impulse game buy

Rocky

I got 3 games for a tenner at Game today, just on impulse. Checked the reviews tonight, looks like I got a whole lot of gaming for a wee bit of cash! :D

Homeworld

Kingpin

Thief II

The great thing about buying these "older" games is

• They run great on todays fast processors
  • The still look great
  • They are very cheap
  • They are very reliable (ie all patched up)

Guess I'll need to take some leave that's the only problem... :blink:

I hate online shopping, it is far to easy. I just spent £50 at Amazon on music and GTA Vice City, and i haven't finished RvS yet, let alone been able to master VOR navigation in FS2002.

I got Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines for £2.99 in December '02
Thats a great game, have you tried the follow up? Thats good as well.

Yeah, I got back into retro games a few weeks ago. Right now I'm on 'Diablo II' which I had't played in like two years at least. After that it'll probably be 'Age of Empires' or maybe even the original 'Diablo'. Boy, that game is old! :devil:

What do you think of the music in Homeworld? Pretty amazing IMO. :)

Yeh I was thinking that earleier tonight, the big orchestra scores really do the trick for big space epics, great stuff.

What's not so great is finding decent assistance for games this "old". So many dead links on all the HW fansites :( Good job GR.net didn't go the same way <_<

What's not so great is finding decent assistance for games this "old". So many dead links on all the HW fansites :( Good job GR.net didn't go the same way <_<

I know some people who can fix that right quick.....now where is the number for the Hacker-r-us....dang I will have to call the operator...oh well...I will have to do it myself.....MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

I play the original Civilization it is really fun.....and a game called Heavy Gear made awhile ago I got it like 7 years ago with my old computer...runs like a dream on the new puter

HEAVY GEAR!!!! I love that game! Seriously, that is probably one of the best games out there. And Battlezone, what a sweet game..... ;)

Hey, Zork was hard, trying to make a paper map to follow how you move around a typed game.

Rocky good job on the buys, Thief II from what I hear was worth the money you spent on it. Good luck on the game

Splaster

:o=:o=

What, no love for Kingpin? Sure it's a tad juvenile but I had a blast playing that game a few years ago. All you need is a sense of humour and maybe headphones so no one is offended by the language. :rocky::o=

Yeh Kingpin is okay played it (with headphones) for a wee while last night, Homeworld I am very happy with. Thief II is the one that still hasn't been installed yet, and it sounds like it could be the best of the bunch :rocky:

I play the original Civilization  it is really fun.....and a game called Heavy Gear made awhile ago I got it like 7 years ago with my old computer...runs like a dream on the new puter

HEAVY GEAR!!!! I love that game! Seriously, that is probably one of the best games out there. And Battlezone, what a sweet game..... ;)

I love Heavy Gear to play it all the time.....game play is awesome