Video: E3 Stage Demo "Village" Co-Op gameplay

bugkill

The improvements that they have made since the last trailer and the game looks great. Pretty simple when you think about it, mate. Game looks great for consoles. Too bad if you were not impressed, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Edited by bugkill

i have to say too,that was pretty good. shame the video was choppy, the inclusion of civilians is greatly missed, and this time there is more interaction with them. i like the gameplay, the feel was good, even looking at it. i think if you weren't an expert who knows the level inside out the tension would be through the roof. looks like Kozak isn't team captain in that vid, interesting viewpoint here. that explains the shipping yard concept art.

and i am going to take a guess and say the team leader (African American dude who grabs the drone in the beginning) is Marcus Brown.

Edited by Zeealex

Looks more gritty and down to earth than last year's trailer, and except for the "augmented reality" bits all over the screen and e.g. the invisibility cloaks not too bad - especially for a console title (maybe Ubisoft begins to listen to feedback). The cover system looks fluent and appears to be working well, and the 4 players co-op element seems to be great (although 9/27 like original Ghost Recon would be better).

Sorry, off-topic, but just imagine this to be on PC, moddable, with an option to completely switch to first-person and disable all futuristic and other unwanted elements. If Ubisoft makes all superfluous stuff optional and the game can be modded (on PC/Mac), this could turn out much better than anticipated (but maybe I'm just in an overly optimistic mood today).

You are easily impressed. What exactly is "Wow, simply wow!" about this trailer?

This seems to be in-game footage and not a trailer at all.

When i first saw this i was coming inside and stop to watch. The whole time i was wow that looks great on the Wii then to my suprise i saw it was on the x360. I almosted thought it was for the new Wii2 or something because it looked in HD. As a x360 or even PS3 title im not impressed! As of now i want a classic remake more then ever. This one looks like it can be fun yes, but as a GR fan im not feeling it as GR. more thinking of it as a whole other game completely and i think i can enjoy it as such. Plus the graphics looked ok i thought it looked more like a HDWii title then a x360 or PS3 game.

You are easily impressed. What exactly is "Wow, simply wow!" about this trailer?

"Wow" they actually listened to what the fans were saying (to some extent). No more shoulder mounted anti-tank rockets, robo-skeletons, or super tank drones... They added a huge amount of weapon customizability. And they toned down the cloak quite a bit. :thumbsup:

Edited by MeanMF

Looks impressive,but I hope you can turn off the arrows and waypoints,[the ones that reference/mimic Splinter cell conviction].

And turn off that awful grenade arch,no need for it.

Edited by FifaJay

What really made me think of the Wii was the bad auto aim i was seeing. It looked like the Wii tring to adjust for lack of a true controler. Then it was the graphics from there that made me think it was maybe the new Wii. The game looks fun that part i am not putting down. I like this kind of gameplay,but sometimes you just want to play a real GR and thats why as long as they slappinG a new game with GR in the name its time for a name change. Then from there we can enjoy this game for what it truely is.

I think that is because they intend to make the game playable with the Kinect, so even though they were playing with controllers in that demo, you still see the architecture to allow people to play with the Kinect. That is just a guess, but the tech demo earlier in the day showed the guy using just the kinect to test fire the weapons at the firing range.

Edited by JohnTC02
Removed unnecessary quote

"Wow" they actually listened to what the fans were saying (to some extent). No more shoulder mounted anti-tank rockets, robo-skeletons, or super tank drones... They added a huge amount of weapon customizability. And they toned down the cloak quite a bit. :thumbsup:

Just because it looks better than the awful E3 2010 footage doesn't make it wow. BF3 is wow. Far Cry 3 is wow. GRFS looks ok now, but I will definately need to see more. For instance is FPV available, are dedicated servers available, will the PC version differ from the console versions, will we be able to host player matches, will there be clan support.

People got just as excited when GRO was announced because it was PC only. When in fact that game has more in common with Socom than Ghost Recon. Im just saying people are getting excited without knowing a whole lot about the game. People in here are so desperate for a tactical shooter that they will ignore glaring faults in the game as long as they see some tactical elements.

For me Im waiting to be convinced before I get excited about this game. Been burnt too many times now.

Edited by BS PALADIN

I saw the trailer, where they used the camo to walk right up behind enemies and stab them.

However, in the game play, it appears that almost all if not all of the active camo stuff is purely a cosmetic gimmick and did nothing to change the way the game could be played without them ever using it.

What I mean is at the beginning, in the river, they are right up near the enemy, with no camo, then they turn the camo on, don't really move much closer, and start shooting. I don't see where the camo added anything there that a shooter couldn't do without it.

Then, when they assault the warehouse, they turn on the camo to run up to the Jersey barriers and then proceed to start an all out firefight. Again, I don't see where the camo added anything that you wouldn't do in another game that didn't have it. Without the camo you would still either sneak up to the barriers or run up to them and start the same firefight.

Now, that was only two small parts of the game, so there may well be parts where they actually implement the camo to purpose.

Or maybe that mission could be played out differently if they stayed cloaked and moved in closer to the VP without firing. Who knows, I tend to doubt that, but it is possible.

Then, when they assault the warehouse, they turn on the camo to run up to the Jersey barriers and then proceed to start an all out firefight. Again, I don't see where the camo added anything that you wouldn't do in another game that didn't have it. Without the camo you would still either sneak up to the barriers or run up to them and start the same firefight.

Now, that was only two small parts of the game, so there may well be parts where they actually implement the camo to purpose.

Or maybe that mission could be played out differently if they stayed cloaked and moved in closer to the VP without firing. Who knows, I tend to doubt that, but it is possible.

Funny, this is what many people wanted splintercell conviction to be(minus the cloak). I'm with Paladin on this. They definitely made some progress, but I'm not completely sold. The launch in 2012 will help alleviate the competition with BF3, MW3, and Gears. But how much? Because right now BF3 is creating a huge buzz around the gaming community. I'm tired of the assembly line approach that infinity ward and Treyarch take to MW series, so I could care less about MW3 . Regardless, I plan on purchasing GR:FS because I enjoy shooters and been a fan of the franchise. If nothing else, the CO-OP should keep me entertained!

I couldnt care less for the single player or co-op tbh.. Ive done a couple levels single player on past GRs.. I just want info for the multiplayer thats all ill be playing.. Dont know about the gears of war style cover system, bit sticky.. Looks good though

[Video already posted]

Just saw this on Ubi's Youtube stream today. I'm struggling to load the whole video but wanted to get it up for you all to enjoy now!

Edited by Pave Low
Merged with existing thread about that video

I like it! It hits some of my OGR buttons for some for the same reasons. GR:FS may not be OGR, or live up to all the canon and expectations I have of a true sequal, but this looks like a game that's at least a spritual successor that I'll unflinchingly buy; and I guess that's what Ubisoft wants (mission accomplished).

wink.gif

it certainly has caught my eye in the sense i might just have to get a Kinect for the X360 just to play with gunsmith. and i have to say, the delay looks worth it, the changes are fantastic and the colours look true to life, not like the early version where it was quite Gray.

Gamespot have posted a Dev walkthrough of the stage demo

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318665/ (HD Version)

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=391 id="videoPlayer"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=008_11"><PARAM'>http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=008_11"><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE="noScale"><PARAM NAME=salign VALUE="lt"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=allowscriptaccess VALUE="always"><PARAM NAME=allowFullScreen VALUE="true"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6318665%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml"><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE="opaque"><embed id="mymovie" width="640" height="391" flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6318665%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" scale="noScale" salign="lt" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=008_11" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed></OBJECT>

• 3 weeks later...