Ghost Recon.net Forums

Kinect + Gunsmith E3 stage demo

red storm released this though 20 minutes ago i believe

there you go! :D

Chris bray gives a demonstration of what exactly will be included with Ghost Recon Future Soldier for Xbox 360 and Kinect.

this confirms the Xbox 360 Kinect compatibility along with the box art, but the movements and voice used looked very clear and smooth. i have to say I'm suitably impressed

if this was already posted somewhere, sorry stumbled across it before and it thought I'd leap on it and head up you Guys

Can Admin move this to the X360 forum? thanks

thanks admin :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Rocky: Today, 07:51 PM

Reason for edit: Removed 1st para to seperate topic

Edited by Pave Low
embedded the video better

That was pretty cool, and it looks like you got there first! :thumbsup:

i see what you mean about the smoothness, but what's with the gun holding thing? he holds it like a minigun.

also impressed, but it will take more than that to win me back over.

That was extrememly impressive technology. I'm wondering if it would get tiresome and just cicking back with the controller would be easier, but you cannot take away from that tech, absolutely superb.

my thoughts confirmed rocky, but i'm gobsmacked, the ingenuity behind it is amazing.

oh i dont mean to be picky (sorry, watts family trait :P), but you made a mistake in the news entry,

advanced warfighter forums

i do believe this is future soldier :lol: but hey, mistakes happen :D good to see this on the news page, suddenly i feel important ish :P

Edited by Zeealex

Zowie! While not much of a Fan of the Kinect, even just the features of that interface and demo are impressive! I hope that capability alone will make it to the PC -- and if the rest of the game gets this level of depth, thought and attention; Ubi might really have something that carries the name.

:D

Ditto. Extremely cool weapon customization!

Thanks for finding and posting this here, Alex! :thumbsup:

I'm wondering if it would get tiresome and just clicking back with the controller would be easier

My thoughts, exactly.

Great video - a very cool feature

hope there is a version of Gunsmith in the PC GR:FS that works with Mouse/Keyboard/Gamepad (and gaming headset for those that want voice control)

well spotted Alex :thumbsup:

thanks Pave and Apex :D

well, a little birdie stumbled across this and told me Kinect is now on PC, known as the ASUS Xtion Pro

it makes me wonder if compatability will be included in the PC versions or not :huh: who knows?

o-wavi-xtion-is-a-kinect-like-device-for-your-pc.jpg

Primesense, the guys that licensed the tech behind Kinect to Microsoft, has announced that they’re collaborating with Asus to create a PC-targeted motion control camera.

The controller, which doesn’t look a million miles away from Kinect, will be called Wavi Xtion and will be announced formally at the CES show in Las Vegas next week

i think due to the lack of publicity it has got, perhaps not.

Edited by Zeealex

The trailer already look pretty cool. And the option where you can change all the weapons thats a dhem nice option what you can do. I hope in the E3 a new GamePlay Video from GRFS is going to come. And i hope that in GRFS you can choose between Play/move with Kinect, and Play/use with controler.

You're both right (kind of)

The listed weapons were:

• 1st = SMG MP7 - The Submachine Gun

2nd = SR MSR - The Sniper Rifle

3rd = AR ACR - The Assault Rifle

i thought the ACR was the SCAR :huh: ugh my brain confuses me, i need to start playing FPS games again and get my ass of dead space. :wacko:

anyway, i'm off for another aeon, or so :P

@GE niss, i'm sure it will be an option as not everyone has Kinect.

Edited by zeealice

That was extrememly impressive technology. I'm wondering if it would get tiresome and just cicking back with the controller would be easier, but you cannot take away from that tech, absolutely superb.

Absolutely using a controller would be easier, particularly for anyone that has ever played a game with a controller before.

Now, if you can also say something like M14, Acog, Suppressor, and it builds that weapon for you, then that might be a little easier or as easy.

• 2 weeks later...

That was an ACR in the demo. More than likely the remington variant, since bushmaster handles the civilian side of the house.

That's awesome that you can actually change the gas system...they really put some effort into the gunsmith feature alone..I'd buy it just to play with the guns.

They have listened to my prayers.

Oh, and just for eye candy: http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/

The MSR is there too.

Edited by philkilla