Ghost Recon.net Forums

"Ghost Recon" 3D film in pipeline from Ubi studios

Further to the recent news item that Ubisoft is launching a new division to adapt its game franchises into films and TV shows.

We have details of the first three projects, one of which is a GR Film

"Ghost Recon" a tech-driven war actioner set in the near future, follows a secret, elite team of soldiers fighting for world peace with cutting-edge military technology.

Which suggests that it will be more GR:FS / GR:AW than GR.

The other two projects will be based on "Assassin's Creed" and "Splinter Cell"

Ubisoft Motion Pictures has been working with the games' producers and Ubisoft's marketing team to identify the DNA of each game and come up with storylines that are consistent

Our strategy is not to diversify but to bolster the appeal of our franchises -- that's why we want to make sure our films will reflect the brands accurately and consolidate our fan base while expanding beyond the games' primary target audience

We want to keep ownership, retain control over the film content, and we're open to work with studios on the development of our projects, and eventually collaborate on the pre-casting, pre-budget and script.

We will have a script ready by the end of the year

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118037076

AC Lineage, there are allot of special effects glitches i can see (definitely filmed on a greenscreen) and it is just too narrator-ey for me, i'd much rather see the story than listen to it.

if they hit the nail on the head with GR and splinter cell, i'm happy.

but what about R6?

Edited by Zeealex
... tech-driven...

Oh no, couldn't they go back to the roots at least in the movies?

Something with the Black Hawk Down feeling (no superhuman soldiers, just common men, albeit highly trained, fighting for their lifes and the lifes of others) would be much more acceptable.

true, i wouldnt want to see the scott mitchell crap either. in GR2 he was good but what a stupid line he says in GRAW2 it just screams hollywood. i forgot what he said but it was what he said when Jimenez asked his name.

i would want Ghost Recon to be based around what happened in 2008,2009 and 2010 and possibly 2007 if you count the PS2 version of GR2 :P

but i wouldn't want to see a central character, i would want each ghost's story told not just one. something like the Alpha movie they have at the mo would be well suited me thinks there is no definite central character. everyone is working as a team, everyone is a hero, not just Kozak.

Edited by Zeealex

I hope they release it as standard 2d aswell, or imax.

After watching Thor in 3d I decided it would be the last 3d film I watched until they resolve the major issue - brightness. All 3d films suffer from being viewed through what is effectively sunglasses, the image is darker than it is meant to be. In kids cartoon films this isn't too noticeable because the flat colours of a cartoon are bright anyway, but in a normal film it can have a really bad effect.

In Thor the pircture was noticeably dull and the colours were washed out. I watched much of the film with the glasses on my forehead and discovered that whole scenes weren't even filmed in 3d anyway.

So, Ghost Recon the movie sounds great, but no 3d for me thanks!

agreed. 3D isn't anything special, the only difference from 3D from about 8 years ago is there is not as much colour distortion.

2D is still the best in my eyes. or 4D like in the london eye ticket center that's pretty cool

Yeah so did The losers, but I still liked that. It will be the A-Team without Mr. T and more futuristic. Like alex said. If they get this and Splinter Cell right, I'll be happy. And usually when a movie's released it's in 2d and 3d. When I saw this in the new section, i gave a look of hope. Oooh there's no look of hope smiley.

" tech-driven war actioner set in the near future, follows a secret, elite team of soldiers fighting for world peace with cutting-edge military technology."

Sounds like a 3D remake of GI Joe to me :ph34r:

XD too right, but from the GR slapping side, what would you think if it was a movie version of the original (2, if you count that as still being a good GR game) ?

out of interest.

what would you want to see?