Release date pushed back to 2012

Rocky

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has been in development for some time. Ubi cannot and will now compete against BF3 (that I expect to be enjoyable) and COD6545676... Hopefully, they will take their time to make the game better and 'maybe' it will not be rushed. But, of course, it's kind of disappointing, as Ghost Recon is completing 10 years of pure awesomeness.

Well, I will be still playing Ghost Recon until then :thumbsup:

Edited by Operative

they'll have to call it Ghost Recon: Current Soldier if they don't actually release it any-time soon :P

It will be released in fiscal Q4 as we want first to have the best quality possible, as well as to avoid the very crowded Christmas landscape in the shooter genre.

-Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot

Yeah BF3 + CoD 8 has got em running scared and they want to make the most sales they can

Fiscal 4th Quarter 2012 in calender time is Jan/Feb/Mar 2012

they'll have to call it Ghost Recon: Current Soldier if they don't actually release it any-time soon :P

I really must make a list of funny quotes!

But really, GRFS is not up to BF3 and COD8 (COD titles are released in an incredible ad nauseam rate!), graphically speaking (as it's what appeals more for most casual players).

I was expecting it. Releasing against BF3 and COD8 would be suicide. Hopefully they will use the extra time to communicate with the community with regards multiplayer content.

Well, GRFS was supposed to come out last fall but we figured it was pushed back because Ubi was afraid of CoD7 Black Ops and MoH.

GRFS is going to cost Ubi a fortune if they keep pushing it back to add more features etc. which may not necessarily win them more market share to recoup their costs.

And I wouldn't hold your breath regarding Ubi asking fans for feedback.

in full agreement with CR6 here.

but a couple of things to say...

constantly delaying a game makes the fans lose interest, fans losing interest means not as many purchases. they really need to get it in their heads. don't delay it. bring it forward!

they really are the James Cameron of the game world aren't they? you wait a good long while for a game that dissapoints, like mum said, Avatar is just Pocahontas with blue people in it. there isn't anything original about it other than the tech used to make it.

Future soldier is just GRAW with Cyborgs on rollerblades.

or Future soldier is just GRAW, but GRAW ACTUALLY EXISTS.

thats all i have to say :P well maybe more later.

gears of war, dead space and games like that, you can get away with "out of this world" tech because they really are out of this world but GR has a reputation for NEAR FUTURE concepts. not the ratchet and clank rip off they are rolling out.

dont get me wrong ratchet and clank is a great game for a fun pass time :P

Edited by Zeealex

Future soldier is just GRAW with Cyborgs on rollerblades.

or Future soldier is just GRAW, but GRAW ACTUALLY EXISTS.

Future Soldier is the fancy term for Space Marine - Future = Space; Soldier = Marine. I wouldn't be surpirsed if the enemies even had green skin and axes..

As for the release date being pushed back (again), was there ever any doubt in the first place?

I've been away - without any internet can you believe it? - and just found out that this has been delayed yet again so...

:wall:

WARNING: the following post contains a major rant.

I am looking forward to this game. I like the team work aspect of this type of game I like ARMA 2. OFP and of course Ghost Recon. GR:FS could be a really good game with a much higher cinematic experience that the other games just can't have due to age, scope or budget etc.

I think TC's books are not worth the paper they are printied on that's just my opinion but the plots do make great games and ARMA or any other game hasne't lived up to GR\SC in terms of story and replaybliity for me.

I don't mind the futuristic elements, but I see people's point let them make another game for that stuff and keep Ghost as real as possible like the original. stealth is one thing but shoulder mounted rockets please come on?

My major problem with Ubisoft is that they are pushing this back to favour their other titles not for the benefit of the game or it's fans and that's just so grrr.

I fear that by the time this game comes out all of us who say its not realistic will be proven wrong as they will be giving away stealth cloaks with your breakfast cereal.

The more they dealy this game the higher probability of its failure commercially or otherwise in my opinion. If this happens it may well be the final nail in the coffin for any hopes of another Ghost game

I apologise for this post just had to say this.

Hope everyone on the fourm is well. :D

Yours,

Grace

• 4 weeks later...