Coop_Mexbob_Bulldog

This is another converted mission from GRAW 1 ready for beta testing.

Threats: This is a much easier mission. You shouldn’t have any problems with it. Furthermore, it’s going to be very short. You’ll be encountering a lot of enemy soldiers along the way. Thankfully, they won’t be armed very well, so it’ll be very easy to kill them. There are a few stationary machine gun posts in the area, although you should be able to surprise most of them without any problems. The final part of the mission will be slightly more difficult, mostly because you will have to defend a very important VIP against enemy attacks. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t be worried about it too much. These fights are going to be fairly easy.Main objective: This mission will require you to take down a few roadblocks that have been placed in one of the central areas of the city. Thanks to that, allied tanks will be able to enter this sector. Next, you’ll rescue a VIP and make sure that he leaves the map safely.

Thanks to JohnTC02 for his help with the lightmaps and textures. :rolleyes:

Thanks also to Rhanman for his Alpha testing comments. :thumbsup:

Name for your server: coop_mexbob_bulldog_v1_2

DOWNLOAD

Edited by mexicobob

Hi Bob,

Just tried your mission and it crashed at the beginning with the error below.

John said it maybe that you have to many AI in one of your vehicles.

Many thanks Sonia :thumbsup:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\sdriverlogics.dsf(-1): Value is not of type <vector3>, it is of type<void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\sdriverlogics.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\sdriverlogics.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

:

Interesting, I did not change the number of AI for the vehicles than what was in the original GRAW 1 mission. Two of the vehicles only have a driver and a gunner with the other having the same plus 2 passengers. I will see what I can do about that one. :wacko:

Sonia, try the corrected version v1_1 to see if that fixed your crash.

Edited by mexicobob

Hi Bob,

Just played your Coop Bulldog mission the new version and [ unlike before ] there was no problems with the start, the only thing I noticed was on a lot of the buildings and plants the textures were missing.

I didn't have fraps installed so I will post a screenshot later.

I enjoyed playing this mission but in my opinion I think it could do with a few more AI and Snipers, but that is my opinion.

Many thanks Sonia :thumbsup:

Hi Zeealex,

Yes I can do that Zeealex but it keeps it in the memory and you can only use it once during the mission but thanks anyway Sonia

aaaah i see, never used fraps for anything other than framerates so :P

the textures seem to have issues with their alpha channels from what i can see. no? :huh: just thinking of the shinyness in GRAW 1 being due to the DDS file not being saved to DXT5 or whatever it is thus buggering up the alpha channels :P

Edited by Zeealex

:P like i said, just an educated guess considering in the second one it is all shiny. but if the texture itself isn't "there" then i suppose it would be shiny

in the first one the camo texture on the right hand side doesn't look particularly healthy either, maybe overlapping non-seamless textures? or perhaps part of the non existent texture bug Wacko reported

Edited by Zeealex

I did notice that the textures appear correct if you remove the mission Fierce_resistance from your custom_levels folder. I could not find where exactly the problem is.

I tried to put barriers around the hedges, but I guess I missed some. Oh well back to the drawing board. :wall:

Hey Mexicobob, just tried this map. Nicely done, but we weren't able to complete any objetives.

Everytime we trigger the RPG sniper, we all in the server got a crash, showing the next error:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskghostgunner.dsf(-1): cant find member: enable_animations in type <MountedGrenadeWeapon>

SCRIPT STACK:
data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)
data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)
data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded
Physics : threaded
[/code]

We tried it twice with the same results. We also got stuck several times in the garden structures as shown in the follow pics :rolleyes:

graw220110515232907.png

graw220110515233109.jpg

Thanks to BikerBob and Anthony for the testing run.

Edited by RickDekkard

RickDekkard,

Can you tell me where the RPG sniper was, because there are more than one?

Or send me a screenshot of the area just before the crash or the Trigger number if you can.

I am putting barriers around the hedges in the cemetary, but there are too many in the map to do all of them, so stay out of the hedges. :grin2:

Edited by mexicobob

I have located the source of the rpg crash. The GRAW 1 file had an mounted granade launcher ( 4 of them) which I deleted, so that crash sould be corrected. I have removed a lot of the hedges that trap people but not all of them. The ones in the church yard have barriers arount them , I think I got them all this time. But be careful anyway. :whistle:

The changes are in the new download at the begining of this thread.

coop_mexbob_bulldog_v1_2

Ok just to check, I reproduced again the crash (v1.1) and the last trigger before the crash was "trigger 6 Right Sniper" just a second later from "Trigger 7 Checkpoint 1"

Here

graw220110517061140.jpg

graw220110517061141.jpg

I also got this interesting texture for wooden structures :lol:

graw220110517060940.jpg

Will try v1.2 asap, thanks for your work pal.

Well, finally I was able to have a new test run. Now it works fine mate, no crashes so far.

Only a thing, can you add more bots? i was able to complete the entire mission alone very quickly, killing only 60 AI's, also a few more snipers would be great, there are many possible locations in this scenary. Even an enemy tank will enhace the map. (I know, too many wishes :devil: and you warned us about that in the first post)

I love these big maps, but this is a bit empty. Anyway very nice work pal, thanks, I had fun playing it. :D

Edited by RickDekkard

• 4 weeks later...

We completed it today and I have seen no problems. Just after the extraction message we received the message to cover the General so he can escape with littlebird!? WE was wondering if this is normal because no more AI was seen in that area....... at total we had 80 AI.

We was wondering that the buildings looked that good because we thought we can remember that everything was darker in the previous GRAW1 conversions. Nice!

Thanks, Kaapo

Hi all,

I played first time today, and near start point i've seen the gap in the map. You can go between the container and the wall and get in to wasteland, where you can fall off the map. After that, the game is hung. Here is a link to short film:

The short film about how to kill yourself

I have found few texture bugs (the colors of some plants are really beautifull and i will be happy is you will not change it, really it's nice to look at it :)) and one RPG triggered on the view but this isn't bother me. I couldn't finish this map because my game got killed in the time of mine-thrower attack. The game just shut down. This attack dropped my frame rate almost to 0.

Cheers,

Daro.

Hello again

This problem in mine-thrower attack was mine fault, i forgot off the physx settings :whistle: this time all was fine.

At trigger7 checkpoint , I seen one rpg spawned at the view:

RPG

I decide to destroy right roadblock and all was fine, to the moment when i went on the bridge and run trigger 9 left RB. Suddenly i was in the middle of the enemy spawn point and well - I didn't survived it xDD, after that i've spawned somewhere here:

my spawnpoint

and again i was between few enemies xDD

That's all what I have found.

The map is good, i like it, and i enjoyed playing it. You did very good remake of graw1 and as kaapo said the textures are much more better than in all previously remakes.

Cheers,

Daro.

Thanks Daro,

I will fix the path by the container, (thought I already had) :wall: .

I will see if I can come up with a different respawn point if you do right rb first, have to think about that one. :unsure:

I have not found what is causing the texture problems, so it will remain as is. :blink:

(If you remove all other maps from the custom _levels folder and have only this mission, then the textures are correct.) :whistle:

Bob

Edited by mexicobob

If you remove all other maps from the custom _levels folder and have only this mission, then the textures are correct.

I always test maps in this way :) but as i said the textures are not problem for me :)

Maybe you can do separately spawn points for the left and right rb in those objectives? (I mean one point in one rb when you finish an objective)

Daro