GR: ZAPAD-81

Variable13

• 6 months later...

Very good mod, it's nice to play a mod about my own country. :) But one thing bothers me - why there are no Poles in Poland? No soldiers, no civilians, basically, there are no Polish people there. Why so?

Edited by Chudy Picio

Very good mod, it's nice to play a mod about my own country. :) But one thing bothers me - why there are no Poles in Poland? No soldiers, no civilians, basically, there are no Polish people there. Why so?

Hi Chudy Picio,

Well, when I started this mod, years ago, it was actually a "Red Storm Rising" (Tom Clancy novel) concept, where the majority of the fighting was to occur in West Germany. Then, I decided to take that RSR mod idea to a whole new platform using Apex Mods' Heroes Unleashed, and dropped the original concept.

After finishing RSR, which still needs some real work done, btw, I decided to pick up where I left off with the original (now ZAPAD) mod. I made it more or less from missions left over or unused from the first campaign.

So, long story short, the lack of Polish forces/civies was a combination of mod-recycling and, now that you mentioned it, a big oversight. I found a Polish Army mod in the GR downloads section (http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=69) but the link is broken. If it could be repaired, I am sure it could be used alongside ZAPAD to add Polish forces to the mix.

I would love to get back into modding, and perhaps I will this winter, but right now I do not have the time. If I do find time, I'll see what I can do to include Polish forces (they of course are a necessary addition!) in a patch that also dials down some mission intensity/difficulty.

Thanks for the interest and the advice!

@ dkpath96: thank You for answering so fast. :) When You will be making something Polish, I can help You with it. :) I can provide some voiceacting, information about Polish military and things like that.

P.S. Is that Your new account or something like that (I am just curious ;) )?

Edited by Chudy Picio

• 3 years later...

Hi, i am regain interest in GR for some times , essentially for the huge amount of modding , and the discover of pearls like Zapad !!! very challenging but fun to play with a lot "realism" beside the age of GR ....only one problem ,after i play all the missions , one or two ( like Goliath) cannot allow to move the men on the strategic map  ? is it a choice of design or game play or a problem ? thanks in advance for your eventual answer ...

I have the mod and will check Goliath later for the problem. I don't think there is a way to disable moving your teams with way-points on the command map so I think it is a problem. The only time they would not move to a way-point is if that team is set to hold.

Thanks to take time for answer !  in fact , i have the same problem with RS11 "hard frost" .Curiously , i can move teams on the map for the very first time  (before i  take an other team ??? ) but after , i cannot click on the map to make way-points and also , these maps have a grid different of others of the campaign ,much smaller ????

I had the same problem. The maps for Goliath and Hard Frost are user made. For these maps the map maker did not configure it properly for using the command map to direct your AI teams with waypoints. It all depends on the map maker if it is setup correctly for using waypoints. Maps are fine for TvT or co-op. A shame about SP because Zapad is a really nice mod. I hope these are the only two maps with that problem.

Edited by wombat50

Wow, it's so cool to see that people are still playing GR, and even Zapad, for that matter!  It's been a long time, but I do recall some maps not allowing you to move your squads around.  Not sure there's a way to fix that on the modding side of things, unless you are a map maker.  

All this mod talk makes me want to jump back into it!

• Like 2

Wow, it's so cool to see that people are still playing GR, and even Zapad, for that matter!  It's been a long time, but I do recall some maps not allowing you to move your squads around.  Not sure there's a way to fix that on the modding side of things, unless you are a map maker.  

All this mod talk makes me want to jump back into it!

Over 10,000 download here alone - great mods.

FileDownloadsAdded
0The Great Patriotic War
Massive 14 mission campaign for Ghost Recon based on custom maps.
404518/11/06
0Barbarossa
Mission pack for The Great Patriotic War mod.
70909/07/08
 Wacht_am_Rhein
Custom 7 mission campaign.
76409/07/08
0Red Storm Rising
12-mission campaign for GR
191709/03/10
0Screaming Eagles
10 mission campaign for GR
100511/03/10
0GR: ZAPAD-81
20-mission campaign
186927/04/11

• Like 1

Thanks "variable13" for your answer and the quality of your mod ! young retired man , i have time to rediscover GR and his "bunch" of great mods.....yes , the graphics are outdated and on  my powerful PC , i play others games much more visually attractive but GR is pure pleasure , with no boring cinematic and "Hollywood" scenarios ! i try to make my own GR with my selection of missions and weapons , easily customized for my needs ( reticles , characteristics, etc) and a campaign like Zapad is a big one for challenge and realism .Thanks again and if you are "back in business" i wait new mod from you ! the only game who compete with GR is the first "operation flashpoint" but , infortunately, it's doesn't work anymore on our recent windows (from my experience)  .To go back from my post , two maps have the mentioned problem "hard frost" and "Goliath" but i made the two missions with a few saves , so it is ok , but if there are a way to modify the map , thanks for advice ....i have few questions later to modding GR but i search in forum to see if there is already the answer .Sincerely.