Gigabyte MA770-UD3 sqealing before error POSTs

Zeealex

it's the first time i have come across this on mum's Test PC using an MA770-UD3 she uses to test DDR2 RAM modules and see if AM3 CPUs are defective after failed unlocks.

this time i decided an 8400GS card needed testing when it started acting funny on a friend's PC. anyway, it made this really loud squeal when i pushed the power button and then posted with 1 long 2 short beeps which is graphic card error, which shows promising signs that the motherboard isn't bust (yet). when i opened up the PC to verify where the sound was coming from, and it is coming from the front bottom corner of the motherboard (not the hard drive) i tried it again with a working HD4550 card i used to hve in multimedia PCs a while back and it didnt squeal or post with an error, it just loaded and booted up ubuntu.

i tried again with the RAM out and that squeal and a RAM error POST occurred.

why is it squealing at me? is it to tell me it is almost bust? or is it normal. i wouldn't call it a problem as such, more a concern. i haven't told mum about it yet, she's asleep and she gets real cranky if woken up but she would know if it was normal or not.

but anyway, anyone care to enlighten me on the subject?

i'm only using hers because my test PC is currently having it's motherboard replaced to fit DDR3 modules.

Edited by Zeealex

I said give me character customisation options, and Splash Damage will be giving me unlimited choice. I like it. I don't see Dice doing the same in BF3, so it's clear what the natural choice is for me. The question is, whether or not Brink can peel me away from the awesome experience that is DS2 for extended periods of time. Two weeks!