Operation Terrorist

Operation Terrorist v0_1 is ready for testing.

To lighten the load on the Alpha testers I'm opening up these early versions to all beta testers.

The alpha (or pre-beta) versions differ from the usual betas versions so read the following carefully before playing.

The first thing you will notice is there are no AI, I do this with all the alpha versions as it's easier to check for any issues with the map, you will be able to see any props/buildings that are not placed properly plus test all the objectives without having to worry about the AI killing you.

One more thing you will notice is that you will be in "speed mode" this allows you to get around the map more quickly as you will be walking/running at over twice the normal speed, this version doesn't have any respawn points so if you die (falling will still kill you) you will start from the initial spawn point, you also have maximum health but if you die your health will be set back to normal.

Please note, this speed/health mode is done from the mission script so it's not a hack and will be caught by the anti cheat if you try and use it in other missions, once you have finished the mission you will need to restart the game to turn the speed mode off.

New feature:

This mission contains the car bomb from the last mission Operation Overload, I have used the Car Park from GR:AW and there are 9 car bombs in that building, there are three on each level, you will need to find these and blow them up using the c4, this is a "Clear the car park" objective so there are no waypoints, you will need to search for them, they are easy to spot as all the car bombs are just a van, you can spot them as they are the only vans that have wheels. When you have found all three on each level there will be a on screen message saying that level is complete.

Also around the map are "booby trap" car bombs (there are none in the car park), these work in a similar way to the others except once you see the "plant c4" marker you have 5 seconds to plant the c4 or they will explode (8 seconds after you see the marker) and probably kill you, planting the c4 will deactivate the booby trap, again these are the only vans that have wheels, if after you start to plant the c4 the yellow bar stops going across the screen you know you are to late so get out of there PDQ!! this new feature may need some tweaking when the AI are in.

Only one switch in the mission so far.

Large Map switch:

Use this to open up the map, this will give you more objectives.

If you can try both the small and large map versions it would be very helpful.

All the above is easy once you know how it works but it's difficult to explain, if there is anything you don't understand then please ask.

I hope you like the mission and the new feature.

Thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Link removed, beta version is now available.

Hello Daddy, :D

I have just tested your mission, the game crashed at the Explosives objective with the access violation error, sorry I forgot to copy the crash log.

I also had one error at the car park there is an spelling error with the on screen message,"floorl" is spelt floor it's time you learnt to spell Dad. :whistle:

I think this is one of your Best mission to date, i really liked the car bomb that was really cool Dad.

The instructions were very clear & easy to understand, I Don't think you get enough Thanks for the hard work you do & also they don't realise how much work goes into making a mission.

So i would like to say thanks for the great missions & all your hard work. :thumbsup:

Wacko

Hi Miss Daughter,

Thanks for testing the mission.

The crash you had looks like a typical GR:AW2 error, next time make sure you post the crash report. :P

Sorry about the spelling errors I'll make sure it doesn't happon again.

Now, you now I told you to give my mission a glowing report, so what happened, didn't I pay you enough!! :lol:;)

Dad.

John,

I've set up a server running the map but I could move around the map nearly at the speed of light.

I've even reloaded the map but I could still move too fast.

I haven't tested any other features (yet).

TAW_BLJ

Never mind. Next time I'll read the instructions first.

One more thing you will notice is that you will be in "speed mode" this allows you to get around the map more quickly as you will be walking/running at over twice the normal speed, this version doesn't have any respawn points so if you die (falling will still kill you) you will start from the initial spawn point, you also have maximum health but if you die your health will be set back to normal.

TAW_BLJ

Edited by TAW_BLJ

John.... I too tried this map out I was about to finish the map when I got disconnected then a funny thing happened when I connected to another server straight away I found that I was moving around that server in the fast mode I dropped out and rebooted the game and this fixed the problem, I will go through the map again later and see if this reoccours but from the parts I did get completed it is again another superb level I too cannot wait until the tangos appear.

Wireman

I've had a few emails (plus the posts here) saying the mission has a problem.

"there are no AI and we seem to be in some kind of speed mode"

There is a simple fix for this problem...

Read the sodding instructions!!

:stupid:

Hi John,

I played both mods in a row and haven't found any issues, except this "Floorl" as Wacko said ( I think that's sounds funny from the guy who doesn't know english) :rofl:

The "booby traps" works fine, i haven't any crash :D

Cheers,

Daro

Went through it pretty fast and didn't have any issues. I will say that I kept hearing footsteps near me but they went away when I stopped. :hmm: I have now come to the conclusion that I must have been spooked running around on a map without AI. It must have all been in my head. I think it comes from having watched too many spooky movies as a kid. :hehe:

Hi John,

Everything went smooth; no issues whatsoever. Looks great!!!

Very strange to "play/test" a map in such a speedy mode. Now I know how speedhackers play their game...LOL.

Can't wait to play the map with AI in it..:thumbsup:

C U John.

Rico

Thanks to all that provided feedback on the alpha (pre-beta) version.

Operation Terrorist v1 is ready for testing.

This version is the normal beta, all the AI and vehicles are now in place plus the "Speed mode" is now disabled.

There are no other changes from the last version.

Below is a reminder of the mission features.

New feature:

This mission contains the car bomb from the last mission Operation Overload, I have used the Car Park from GR:AW and there are 9 car bombs in that building, there are three on each level, you will need to find these and blow them up using the c4, this is a "Clear the car park" objective so there are no waypoints, you will need to search for them, they are easy to spot as all the car bombs are just a van, you can spot them as they are the only vans that have wheels. When you have found all three on each level there will be a on screen message saying that level is complete.

Also around the map are "booby trap" car bombs (there are none in the car park), these work in a similar way to the others except once you see the "plant c4" marker you have 5 seconds to plant the c4 or they will explode (8 seconds after you see the marker) and probably kill you, planting the c4 will deactivate the booby trap, again these are the only vans that have wheels, if after you start to plant the c4 the yellow bar stops going across the screen you know you are to late so get out of there PDQ!!

Switches:

As usual this mission is adaptive, if you are playing alone you will be in Easy mode but if more players join then it will update itself and then be in Hard mode.

If there is more than one player the mission will be in Hard mode but if all but one player leaves, the mission will then be in Easy mode.

Easy Switch:

If there is more than one player then use this switch to play the Easy version (this switch does nothing if you are playing alone).

Hard switch:

If you are playing alone then use this switch to play the Hard version (this switch does nothing if there is more than one player).

Large Map switch:

Use this to open up the map, this will give you more objectives and AI, you can still use the "Easy" or "Hard" switch for for the large map.

Once the extra objectives are activated you must complete them to finish the mission, you can not go back and turn the switch off (remove the extra objectives) after you have activated the large map so use it with caution.

Night switch:

Use this to play the night version.

You have 60 seconds to make your selection from the available switches.

To give you more time the mission will not start until you get close to the metal fence at the initial spawn point, so no AI are spawned until you are near the fence.

Download:

Operation Terrorist v1.

John, played this one last night with two friends.The only problem that we noted was that in the Depot Objective the AI would just stand around and not respond. I could just walk right up to them and shoot them. Everywhere else they responded as expected. We liked the addition of the three floor parking garage. Shoot outs among the parked cars were fun. Good map and thanks for the hard work in keeping us supplied with maps to play.

TGZ-Puck

Hey John,

I have played through the easy/short version once and have started the hard/long a few times but have yet to complete it. There are two things I've noticed so far. I went down the initial street and turned left towards the "explosives" objective (I think that's right, lol). On the first alley on the left (Destroyed car, 3 red barrels next to each other) there is a two man patrol spawn point. The second AI spawns inside the wall and then walks through it. Lol, I shot the first guy and, not seeing anyone else I turned around only to get shot in the back a second later by the wall hacker, lol. Also, at the explosives objective I believe there is a car bomb van inside. Not knowing that I planted c4 on the objective first, ran out of the building and set off the C4 just as the van exploded too. This caused my game to crash.

Also, not having read the script for the mission first I went ahead and played it. From that perspective I had no idea that I had to destroy 3 vehicles on each level of the car garage. I think there needs to be some way of notifying the players that this is what is needed. Maybe have some text come up on the screen whenever they get close to the garage that says "Destroy 3 car bombs on each level" or something like that. It might also be good to have a sample of the explosive van at spawn which says something like "BEWARE OF CAR BOMBS" so that players who have not read the mission script (which is pretty much everyone, lol) will at least be aware of their presence.

I'll report back after I have completed the hard/long version.

Oh, I was wanting to ask you if you use any of the "night" AI patrols (the guys with flashlights) in your missions. I was thinking about putting the flashlight back into use in my next version of the weapons mod. However, if you don't use night AI then I may change my mind on that.

Cheers from the guy who doesn't read the sodding instructions :rolleyes:

Rahn

Thanks for testing Puck.

I didn't have any problems with the AI at Depot Objective but I will look at the ai graph there to make sure all is ok. I have seen this before though, when spawning AI in that hanger they sometimes seem to be a bit unresponsive, I don't know if there is something about this building which is causing this or it's just coincidence.

Hi Rahn,

I'll look at the AI the are spawning in the walls and reposition them.

The van at the explosives is a "booby trap" if you don't plant the c4 after seeing the "Plant c4" marker it will blow up and probably kill you, lol.

Looks like you had time to complete the objective before the van exploded, this would be the cause of your crash, all the effects going of was to much for the pc/server.

I think there needs to be some way of notifying the players that this is what is needed. Maybe have some text come up on the screen whenever they get close to the garage that says "Destroy 3 car bombs on each level"

I can see what you are saying about having a on screen text telling you about the car bombs at the car park, I'll take a look at that and see what I can come up with, now I knew there was a reason I wrote all those instructions! :rolleyes:

Oh, I was wanting to ask you if you use any of the "night" AI patrols (the guys with flashlights) in your missions. I was thinking about putting the flashlight back into use in my next version of the weapons mod. However, if you don't use night AI then I may change my mind on that.

I used the AI with the flashlights in one of my missions but the game would crash when using your weapon mod so I removed them to make it compatible, I wouldn't worry to much about adding the flashlights to your mod Rahn as I don't use them anymore and haven't had any requests to add them.

Cheers from the guy who doesn't read the sodding instructions :rolleyes:

:rofl:

:o

:wall:;)

Hi ya daddy,

I played your new mission Operation Terrorist with some dodgy geezer who kept shooting me. :o=

We played it on hard & on the long version & there was no problems at all, the instructions were very clear & informative , it went like a dream dad.

It was very hard but really enjoyed it, both of us died a lot. :lol:

I have read the posts about this mission & I can not understand why most people do not read the instructions before tackling the mission, if they did so they would know what to do & wouldn't need to get you to do things like putting on screen instructions.

I hope this don't offend anyone it's just my opinion. :unsure:

Wacko

Lol, it's good to have you in the forums Wacko. It's nice to keep things "in the family".

It's unfortunate that players do not read the instructions when the mission is released but the fact is that players wait for the download screen to pop up and then hit the download button. They are more interested in getting the mission quickly so they can get in game. So there needs to be some explanation done "in game" to offset that. I think that in game directions are more important than directions on the download page as long as it can be done in a way that is not overly intrusive to actual game play. If you don't then you will get a lot of complaints ........... as we have seen already. :whistle:

Cheers,

Rahn

I played your new mission Operation Terrorist with some dodgy geezer who kept shooting me. :o=

Haha, you get in my way and you are a dead man girl! :devil:

We played the mission over a LAN server and everything seemed to go ok, no lag or any AI issues, BUT! at the end Miss Wacko decided to get GL happy and destroyed both of the panhards (amongst other things) at the extraction which caused her game to crash with the "Out of memory" error followed by me crashing as well, I was hosting the match. :rolleyes:

@Rahn, it's a sad fact that people tend to grab and run with things like this which is fine up to a point, if they do this and then have problems it would be nice if they were to stop and think, "hmm, maybe I should read the instructions before telling John the mission doesn't work properly". Sadly that doesn't happen.

I'm currently in the process of getting the next campaign mission out, once that is done I will look at adding some on screen messages at the car park.

As to the car bomb, I think once you have had the misfortune to be blown up by it you may know how it works. :lol:

Seriously though I'm not really sure what I can do about this, having a "Sample" car bomb is IMO very unrealistic as you wouldn't see a message saying "Beware of the car bomb" or a sample car bomb in a real life situation.

Thanks all, :thumbsup:

John

Hi John,

Just finished the Terrorist Map (it took me 3 hours to finish the map) and although I got shot 81 times (I keep running too much) I really loved doing this map. I played the long and hard version.

I used Brettzies 2.07 to play the map because of the zeus which is in the weaponpack. I used Sniperkit 6 which has a silenced MK12, a MK23 pistol and a zeus.

I ended up with 463 kills and counted 47 snipers and 3 RPG's. I'm not sure whether I've found all of them, but this time I won't ask to add more AI....LOL.

I counted 7 choppers and 2 tanks and each time I destroyed them with a zeus. The snipers are very well located and alot of them are hard to find. (very well done)

As for the Explosives Mission I got out just in time before the van exploded, so I didn't have any problems with that. I didn't see any AI spawning out of the wall, so I cannot confirm that. The only thing I noticed is that you always better have a full clip as soon as you see the notification of a trigger.

I didn't have any problems at the depot or any other object and the AI reacted pretty fast. They weren't sitting ducks. Maybe because I ran so much. That triggers them faster than when you sneak.

As like all your maps, this map also runs smoothly. My compliments John. The boobytrap van is a good new feature :thumbsup: .

Rico

Hi all,

It's unfortunate that players do not read the instructions when the mission is released but the fact is that players wait for the download screen to pop up and then hit the download button. They are more interested in getting the mission quickly so they can get in game.

Yes sad truth but you guys forgot about one thing. Lots of players doesn't know english (I'm not saying about testers here), so this is the reason why they don't read the instruction lol

Thanks for testing Rico, pleased you enjoyed the mission.

81 deaths!!! :lol:;)

@Daro, I can see your point here but this is a English only board, most of our foreign visitors do understand English plus there are plenty of translators out there.

Operation Terrorist v1.1 is ready for testing.

Changes to this version:

The AI that was spawning in the wall near the Explosives objective has been repositioned.

I have added this text to the wall at the initial spawn where the switches are, "Car Bombs And Booby Trap Vehicles Are The Only Vans With Wheels".

At the Car Park objective I have added some on-screen text when you destroy one of the gates which reads "Destroy 3 Car Bombs On Each Level" I hope this will help those that don't have the time to read the instructions. :whistle:

I checked the AI Graph on the map just to make sure there were no problems as Puck mentioned that the AI were unresponsive at the Depot objective but I couldn't find anything wrong, maybe it was a one off problem.

Thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Operation Terrorist v1.1.