Goodbye GR.net

Zeealex

i know pave low said that this place is for everyone, and for discussion of any type (apart from political in the military section or Spam) but i still can't help but feel a little useless. and with mum's condition not getting any better, worse if anything. i think it might be best for all of us if i stepped out of the scene until further notice. at the end of the day, i need to be there for my baby sis while my dad is at work. not just sat here on my PC all day. so, later gaters.

no i'm just saying, my mum (zeealice, if you havent figured out) is in hospital with a serious head injury (trust me its more serious than it sounded in a previous thread, the impact has caused damage to her brain) and she isnt doing particularly well, i try getting help (not from here, at the end of the day, you guys are are gamers not therapists) but i feel no-one is listening to me. the 'say what you want' thing is just who i am, i'd much rather be told straight than not told at all. as you can see i have become bitter and not very good to talk to, thats why i am trying to get off the scene because really it isnt good for anyone if i am like this. so you can call this thread a stupid waste of time by all means but it is to let you all know what is going on, not that anyone would care.

the uselessness is down right true, i am useless and always will be.

Hi Zeealex,

I am very sorry to hear about your Mum, please send her all the best from all at GR.net and I hope she soon makes a full recovery.

I think the lack of replies here is not due to members ignoring you but many here are busy at the weekends, most of them that do login is just for a quick browse and don't have the time to post.

It must be a difficult time for you having your Mum in hospital But I think I can speak for all of us in wishing her a speedy recovery.

Take care,

John

Sorry to hear about your mom. Send her my best. I took a nasty fall on Tuesday and wound up with a concussion, broken nose and one angry left shoulder. I have a vague idea as to how she's feeling. Spend time with her and always keep her smiling. She'll appreciate it. :)

Zeealex, keep in mind that traffic here at GR.net has slowed down over the years. I've been here for... too long... and I check in about once or twice a week. So give posts closer to 3 days, instead of 3 hours, to simmer for replies. ;)

Take the time away from the PC and enjoy it. Spend time with the family, it's time that's never wasted and never regretted.

@ Zeealex, keep talking to your mum. She can hear you. I know this from my experience at the hospital I used to work.

We had a patient come back after months of recovery. She could hear the nurses talk about their boyfriend. She "visited" to confront a young nurse who blabber to much.

Keep your mum updated about everyone in the family. Talk about places, nice places. Try to visualize the place for her. The point here is to, "remove" her out of the ICU. Talk about colors of plants, buildings. Tell her stories about nieces and nephews. Mention their names. Patients who had head trauma recover faster or regain memory faster when family members constantly talk to them vs patients who were left alone by themselves.

Bring a travel magazine and read out loud to her. Tell her the pictures that you see and describe in detail.

Don't bring negative news.... she doesn't care about Libya or Japan right now.

If you can play some funny Youtube videos of babies laughing will greatly help her.

If you got a stinky family member, tell them to shower. It's not for your Mum. It's for us healthcare staffs :thumbsup:

Keep us posted :yes:

wow, thanks for the info Ledanek, i'm seeing her today after school so i'll follow what you said and grab a travel mag or something, tell her a few funny things that have been going on over the weekend, that i fixed her best PC, that's sure to make her feel better :P and i'll remeber "no negative news" and of course all the best wishes from you guys :thumbsup::D