who inspires you most?

Zeealex

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps an explanation of who the person that you name is? Why are they important and why do they inspire you?

I'm going to take the cop out answer and say that no particular person inspires me. Inspiration should come from within. However there are people who have provided me with guidance and examples of ways I want to be. My father, my mother, my grandfather, a couple of my uncles, guys I served with, the list goes on. All people I know. Because the people you meet along your path all shape and form the direction that you take.

:)

My Father-in-Law inspires me. The man has never made much money despite how hard he's worked, but he served his country in the Air Force, and he's worked his butt off for most of his adult life to take care of his family. I've never heard him yell, curse anyone, slander anyone, or call anyone names (except the IRS) in all the years that I've known him. To me, he's a living example of what a man should be: Strong, reticent, self-sufficient, hard-working, faithful, honorable, committed to family, country, and his faith. If I can turn out like him, then I'll have done well.

My father also inspires me, but in completely different ways. Unlike my Father-in-Law, my dad isn't quiet, reticent, or well-mannered. He tells people what he thinks, and if they don't like it, then they can kiss off. He's one of the most brash individuals that I've ever met. But (here's the part where he inspires me) he's also one of the most loyal and faithful men that I've ever met. When my father considers someone a friend, he's loyal to a fault. He's also the most hard-working, tenacious man I know. Nothing stops the man. As an example, he used to own a cabinet shop. One afternoon, while cutting some wood, he cut one of his fingers off. The man duct-taped the stump, and went back to work for another hour before he finally went to the ER, because the job wasn't done. I hope never to sever any portion of my body (or receive any of the other numerous injuries or gunshots that he's taken) but if I can have half the work ethic, and be half as tenacious as my father, then I'll have turned out well.

Also, my dad has this amazing way of cultivating favor with others. Growing up, it seemed like everyone knew my father. He played golf with Arnold Palmer occasionally. As a master carpenter, he worked for all manner of people. From the owner of Badcock furniture, to the founder of Little Ceasar's Pizza (free pizza rocks!) to Steven Spielberg, my dad built amazing things for amazing people. All the cops in town knew him (because he had been a cop himself), and so did most of the local store owners. Everyone, and I mean everyone liked the man. My brothers and I got a lot of help, and a lot of free things, because we were "Tim's boys." There's just something about the man that makes people want to be around him, and if I can cultivate that kind of respect and favor with others, then I'll have done well.

Perhaps an explanation of who the person that you name is? Why are they important and why do they inspire you?

:)

XD okay: Tara D is a world class snowboarder, i snowboard allot wherever and whenever i can.

Thomas J. is composer for trailer music makers Two Steps From Hell, he is one of those guys who inspires younger people to get into orchestra, saying it isnt JUST for old people.

Pei Chen Yeh, founder and chairman of Gigabyte (i think, deifnately chairman), he inspires me to build Awesome PCs :P

Schirmer knows how to stick with a franchise. no matter what voice she is doing (GR 1, female voices GR2 onwards Diaz)

bill brown, same as Thomas J, Tarja has a great voice

Mum, she inspires me to be myself and speak my mind, if someone doesnt like it, thats their problem not mine.

My Father-in-Law inspires me. The man has never made much money despite how hard he's worked, but he served his country in the Air Force, and he's worked his butt off for most of his adult life to take care of his family. I've never heard him yell, curse anyone, slander anyone, or call anyone names (except the IRS) in all the years that I've known him. To me, he's a living example of what a man should be: Strong, reticent, self-sufficient, hard-working, faithful, honorable, committed to family, country, and his faith. If I can turn out like him, then I'll have done well.

My father also inspires me, but in completely different ways. Unlike my Father-in-Law, my dad isn't quiet, reticent, or well-mannered. He tells people what he thinks, and if they don't like it, then they can kiss off. He's one of the most brash individuals that I've ever met. But (here's the part where he inspires me) he's also one of the most loyal and faithful men that I've ever met. When my father considers someone a friend, he's loyal to a fault. He's also the most hard-working, tenacious man I know. Nothing stops the man. As an example, he used to own a cabinet shop. One afternoon, while cutting some wood, he cut one of his fingers off. The man duct-taped the stump, and went back to work for another hour before he finally went to the ER, because the job wasn't done. I hope never to sever any portion of my body (or receive any of the other numerous injuries or gunshots that he's taken) but if I can have half the work ethic, and be half as tenacious as my father, then I'll have turned out well.

Also, my dad has this amazing way of cultivating favor with others. Growing up, it seemed like everyone knew my father. He played golf with Arnold Palmer occasionally. As a master carpenter, he worked for all manner of people. From the owner of Badcock furniture, to the founder of Little Ceasar's Pizza (free pizza rocks!) to Steven Spielberg, my dad built amazing things for amazing people. All the cops in town knew him (because he had been a cop himself), and so did most of the local store owners. Everyone, and I mean everyone liked the man. My brothers and I got a lot of help, and a lot of free things, because we were "Tim's boys." There's just something about the man that makes people want to be around him, and if I can cultivate that kind of respect and favor with others, then I'll have done well.

woah, your dad DEFINATELY is a likeable guy :D your father in aw seems a nice person :D

Edited by Zeealex

• 2 weeks later...