Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

my major problem

If it's such a problem, why keep playing? I used to practically force myself to play CoD, and I finally thought, what is the point of this? I'm just killing off brain cells when I could be scripting a mission or reading a book or doing something worthwhile.

I just log out when I know there is something else going on here and don't fight it, log back in later.

So if you have a solution, why bother posting? :)

First, I believe your last name is the same as mine. Second, your questions seem to indicate I should not bother this site...I do believe that gamers may get something out of my posting or else I would not have put it here. If you have read the entire responses, you would see there have been a lot of information helpful to everyone that read this forum, maybe not for you. Since playing this game and playing on mostly one server, I definitely see an improvement in play and a lot less cheating. The one problem exist and i am not the kind of person to give up easily, hoping an answer will come eventlually. If its lag time, then accept it, if its not, maybe it can be fixed, making the game more enjoyable and competive. After all, competive playing is more challenging and fun.

Tom1935

I fail to see how anyone can suggest that the 27 pages here is a waste of bandwidth.

Although I haven't contributed to this topic I have followed it closely and found it very interesting.

If I was the OP I would feel quite insulted by your remarks Riley.

John, I had read his comments and left the forum so that I wouldn't contribute negatively. I just now decided to get back on and make a reply, but you beat me to it. This discussion was intended to get constructive help for those rookies like myself and those better players that maybe had a tendency to cheat. I do appreciate the time you've given to the subject in this section. :yes:

Tom1935

Hey all, I've been doing some research on cheating, looking on the internet for some idea's. I was bothered yesterday when a person was killing more than twice that of others, like 107 kills and only a few getting killed. I did a deathcam , his abilities were with the mrc and standing just at the entrance going down hill in front of the van in "anywhere", he could pick off people with one or two shots rapidly. Going around the entire battle field out shooting everyone. He was only killed a few times, and that was mostly by granades and real close up shot by surprise. Those shots were from that entrance shooting across the battle field cattycorner to the small hill. His gun seemed to not have any recoil when periodically shooting several shots, maybe aimbot?

My research was to find out about kinds of cheats like what he appeared to be using. Really hard to detect. It would be nice to really trust that the person was really that good, above everyone else. There were some other really good players I see all the time, his count was out of the curve.

Sometimes during a game, I can be setup and really keep the enemy at bay. Sometimes, it is hard to get to the setup point and once you get there and get the upper hand, then the kill count goes up. Today, that was the case, and nobody knew were I was, but a cheater use a gl, and killed me. After that, I couldn't get setup again. I did complain that the persons ruined a good honest battle, and someone was kicked. The name of the game is play honestly and you would be surrprised how much fun that is. That person should have worked hard to counter me and would have been more pleased if he had done it honestly.

Anyway, I'm still having fun...mostly.... :whistle:

Have a good day

Tom1935

Congratulations everyone, we've gotton over 14,000 views, but with very little contributions since the last couple thousand. If this is all were getting are views, then I guess we've exhausted the subject and John probably needs to shut it down.. :unsure:

I still keep running into a couple of players that get kills that is way out of the curve, anybody have any more to say? Especially, when those guys come into the game, I exit. I have done the deathcam and they are constantly shooting every one without a miss. I'm not talking about the top 5 or 6 players that do get a lot of kills compared to me, at least I have some chance with them. Their is only a couple, which I can name but won't, that no one has a chance. They only get killed when a granade gets them.

If their are a lot of new viewers, then maybe this discussion is still good for a while. John needs to decide that.

Tom1935

This has been an interesting topic, I don't have anything to add here due to the fact that I don't play online that much and if I do it's always coop.

There is no need to close this thread as there maybe some more interest in the future, even if there isn't we don't normally close threads without good reason, ie:

If it's so diluted with of topic posts that the main discussion is lost.

There is a lot of argumentative posts so closing it is the only answer.

Some modding threads are closed when the mod is released.

None of the above applies here so I'll leave it as is. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...