Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

Hi Tom,

I believe you are talking about coop/campaign missions. I do not know of any utility to help you do this. I download missions directly to my desktop and then unzip them to my desktop (this creates 2 new folders there). From there I open the unzipped folder and drag the bundle file for the new mission directly to the "custom levels" folder in my main GRAW2 directory. I keep a shortcut for the custom levels folder on my desktop and drop the mission in that shortcut. Once the new mission is in the custom levels folder I delete the zipped folder and unzipped folder (for that particular mission - the ones that were just downloaded and unzipped - NOT the custom_levels folder) from my desktop. That's about as simple as I have been able to make the process.

Hope that helps.

How do you like the headphones? Are you able to better locate enemy players now that you can hear in 3D?

Rahn

:sheep: I like the headphones, I actually heard someone coming up on my left and turned that way and walla, there was an enemy and I shot him. So that works well. Now if I could only figure out how to get the computer speakers to mute when I plug in the headphones. My manual has instructions to do that but I'm certain they are talking about plugging in using a normal small jack, not USB. USB is what you suggested and that is what I bought. I have several places to plug in a jack and also several USB, all up front. Muting the computer speakers will occur when plugging into the front. I think the USB is the problem. I know you can purchase a conversion from USB to mini jack, just worried you may lose the stuff the new headphones has. The jacks I have are the normal ones, and also jacks for optical and digital connections.

We'll get there...

I will study what you said about installing missions...I'm just worried that making changes will cause the servers to not accept me joining because of changes being made. I feel that by doing what you said will not be considered changes but just adding games.

Tom1935 (tmfrex), by the way, the "rex" part of my name is my German Shepards name. :sheep:

Later

Rahn, are we talking about coop/missions as being multiplayer? or both. If I get the bundles in the "custom levels" then when a server shows this bundle, I can join that server, provided the versions are the same? Are we talking about missions i.e. bundles?

Tom, about the headphones. Mine works just like Rahn's does, I plug them in and they'll become the primary speakers. My headphones is not USB, they are for the headphone jack. I believe that your problem is the USB. But I am not sure how to fix it, I never used USB headphones.

Also, when you download custom maps and put them into your custom_levels folder it will not affect anything when you play on servers with default maps EXCEPT for if you have too many maps in your custom_levels folder it can cause crashes.

The game (sometimes even the server) can also crash if other people in the server has any modded files or cheats in their GRAW2 folders.

Star, I will locate a cable that converts from USB to headphone jacks and see if I still get all the features of the headphone. The problem is the computer configuration, Rahn also has USB just like mine, his computer works, mine does not. I have the selection to mute the computer speakers when plugging into the headphone jack on the front panel, so if the conversion USB to Jacks will provide all the capabilities designed into the headphone, then I'll be happy.

Selecting coop games that show up in GRAW2 won't play because of incorrect version. I have not been able to figure out how to locate particular versions of a game. I have purchased cd's from this forum, and so far they don't contain the one's listed by default on the game. :wall:

Thanks for your input

Tom,

You shouldn't have to purchase any CD's to download these missions. All of them are located in the download section of this website. Go to the "Downloads" tab, then GRAW2, then "Mods/Missions" and a list will come up (it is 4 or so pages long) of all the GRAW2 missions (OK, there are a very few that are not on this site, mostly Annibale maps). I download them to my desktop, then unzip them to my desktop and then drag the bundle file directly to my custom_levels folder (then I delete the downloaded/unzipped folders from my desktop). Sometimes the name of a mission as it is listed on gamespy may not correlate exactly with the name of the mission in the download section. If you have trouble finding a mission there let me know which mission it is (as listed on gamespy) and I will tell you the name it is under in the downloads section of this site.

I am wondering, do your speakers not have a volume knob or an on/off switch?

Star is right in saying that your custom_levels folder will not be flagged by the games anti-cheat. Modded missions are not "cheats", they are necessary information to play inside any given "map". There are lots of custom TDM style maps that my clan likes to play that must be added to the custom_levels folder in order for us to play them. So no worries there. He is also right in saying that the custom_levels folder has a size limit. Once you get too many missions in this folder it will crash if you try to open your own server. In my experience you can have as many missions in there as you want if you are logging onto someone elses dedicated server (I know, wierd). So the crashes only happen for me when I start up my own server. If you find that happening to you then store your "extra" missions in another folder somewhere else and trade them out for other missions in your custom_levels folder as necessary.

Cheers,

Rahn

I found those download files you mentioned, Rahn. I got news for you, there are 5 pages of them, where do I start? Guess I'll just make a list of those shown on the servers and search for them. I don't know if the download files can be searched or not before downloading. If not, I'll just download each and search. Glad to know I can have unlimited files without crashing since I am not using my own server.

Tinker, I also use win7 and am familiar with the speaker pull down you mentioned. My problem is I have that one plus a pull down provided by my mother board or audio, and now a pull down provided by the headphone. Trying to correlate all three is a hassle. The speakers (both computer and headphone) will not work if choosing a wrong setting.

I also can turn the volume down on the computer speakers if I could just get both of them working at the same time. It is really hard to get the right settings on either one, making it another hassle. Right now, I can't get the headphones to work. I accidently do get the computer speakers working.

I do know that I am supposed to plug the headphones into the same usb port that was used when installing the software for the headphones if I every unplug it. I have uninstalled the headphone software and rebooted and reinstalled, sometimes this works, but right now, that doesn't even work. I've used different usb ports after reinstalling, that doesn't work either. I believe its just getting the settings right and the inputs are not muted. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Believe it or not, I do have some plus's in conquering this game.

1. I have the monitor set at 16/9 and the game set at its lowest resolution, and getting full screen display (16/9).

2. My enemy are easier to see blown up to 16/9 32" monitor and I get a few more kills with the mrc gun.

3. I can program macro's on my mouse to do a couple of things.

4. I can load missions thanks to Rahn.

I also have some minus's

1. Even tho the enemy are easier to see, I cannot kill instantly with one shot, there are other specific top players who still do this and I cannot kill them. Their high kill count comes from those of us (majority) who do not have that ability to kill instantly upon sighting us. I still believe they have something we don't have to be able to do that besides skill.

2. Macro's need an entry using a keystroke, where is the keystroke for spanning or scanning the field visually using the mouse? The program looks like it doesn't recognize mouse movement.

3. A mission that I downloaded does not match the game version. The game says to go to www.ubi.com to get updates. I have searched all over that site and find only patches to games, not their missions.

4. I cannot get my headphones to work, I did at first, but not now. Still working on that. The computer speakers are working now.

Thanks all....

Tom1935

Today I find out something I didn't know before. I switched the Aspect ratio in game and guess what happened? When I aim with my weapons I can see futher. So when I use MR-C it is even easier to do headshots on a far distance. My resolution is 1024x768 but when I change to 800x600 it just make the game look awful and its harder to see enemies.

Did you know that you can mod your weapons so that you can see just as far as with a sniper with a pistol? It's possible in the xml files but I believe that it can be in some trainers too.

Star, I can see pretty good at 800x600. What aspect ratio are you using? I will have to look, but now mine is set to 4/3 and full screen at 16/9. This makes things broader, i.e., a circle looks wider than taller, making figures broader and easier to see.

Changing the mod on weapons, won't that cause the server to reject you because of a changed file?

I am a stranger to making head shots, anytime I do that is when someone is standing still. Mostly, I just spray the enemy and that works except when the expert players kill me instantly with one shot. :lol:

Tom1935

Hi Tom,

I had fun playing with you last night. The server we played on last night was just my computer server and is not a dedicated server so you won't find it in the list unless I just happen to be playing a coop mission on my own. The other servers that you see with my name listed are dedicated servers that run my weapons mod. I do a little modding on the side. LOL!

Cheers,

Rahn

Rahn, I appreciated the time you take to help me, I will work on getting better to at least give you a little challenge. We need Sidd and someone else at my level for an even match. I really need to get the headphone working and programing the mouse to turn faster to keep track of you sneaking behind me.

Could you tell if my speed of moving is as fast as you? Seems you could really get around, and I feel like I'm running in quick sand.

The head shots are still a problem, getting the shot quickly. I can do the head shot if the target is still, like you, doing all that dancing around, I can only come close.

Anyway, thank for taking the time to help me, now to start working on getting the headphones to work.

Have a good day...

Tom1935

?who are you? Oh, thats right, Sidd, long time no see? Rahn and I were playing RAS and he invited me to join him on his server. That worked our really good, he let me make head shots on him but I couldn't because he kept dancing around. I can if I spray shots.

That would be nice if you could join.

Hey Rahn, I got my headphones working. I forgot windows7 has a real good search mechanisim. All I had to do was search sound and a choice was to select settings for sound and it presented me all the drivers and I selected the one for the headphone and made it default. whoopie, there was sound. I guess I can use that same procedure to select the driver for the regular speakers. I'm sure that will work.

You told me to just listen when playing and I heard something behind me, I turned as fast as I could and there it was, leaves falling from a tree, I shot the fool out of them. :o=:lol:

Edited by tom1935

ok, here is the way the speaker configuration works now.

I selected the driver for the headphones from the search in window7, I get sound. I unplugged the headphones on the front of the computer USB port and sound went away but the computer speakers came on. I did not have to go thru search window7 like I thought I might need to. I replugged the headphones and the sound returned to the headphones and the computer speakers turned off. I unplugged the headphones again and plugged back into a different USB, windows loaded the driver but sound did not return to the speakers nor to the computer. I move the headphone usb cord to the original usb port and sound came back on.

Once I got both working, you are required to put the headphones back on the original usb used to install their software.

Fantastic, a load off my shoulder. Now I need to perfect programming my mouse to do some stuff quickly, like throwing a granade, changing weapons, and mostly being able to turn rapidly about 45 degrees each time I hit the programmed button on the mouse. Getting there!!!

Let me know how teamspeak works, do you log onto teamspeak as a guest on someone elses dime? Is this done before entering the game? I do not have access to anything when in the game except their own optional settings, which does not include loading outside the game.

Thanks all,

Looking up...

Have a good day...

Tom1935

Teamspeak is simple. If Rahn has a TS server he can give you the adress, port and password (if it requires one).

When you open up Teamspeak look at the top left corner, there will be 'Connections' . Press it, then choose 'connect'.

A new window will open and there you'll see Adress, Port, Nickname and Server Password. Choose your Nickname and write the adress and port.

After that simply press 'Connect'

Now you'll be connected to the server and you can start talking. Also don't forget to check your Teamspeak settings for your microphone and speakers.

I'd like to join you in Rahn's server, but if you're playing with Rahns weapons mod then I'll have to download it because I dont have it.

Oh and when you are connected to teamspeak just start the game and when you finished playing if your teamspeak icon isnt shown just go to the down right corner and click on the hidden icons button and you'll see it, right click the icon and press 'Show'.

Have fun

Star, the games we played for the first time with Rahns server are the regular tdm. I have seen the server your talking about "Rahns weapons mod and I cannot get on that server.

Thanks for the information on teamspeak, I do have to turn the volume up on the microphone, I'm not sure what else, never used it before.,

Thanks

Hey Tinker, I did that once, and I could hear real loud and heavy breathing, my own...I don't think I will need the boost. I know its there in case I do..

I hardly ever use the m99, just the mrc and my shooting has improved some, I am getting a few more kills now.

Later

Tom1935

My favourite weapons are MR-C, SCAR L/H and MSG90. MR-C has a thin ironsight so its easy to hit the head on long distances but the SCAR weapon is the most powerful assault rifle, if you try SCAR H (heavy) you'll be able to just shoot 2-4 bullets for a kill. I never need more than 5 bullets for a kill with it, mostly only 1 or 2.

MSG90 is an awesome sniper, I hate M99 since it's always a one shot kill. I want challange, and MSG90 is really not too bad, only 2 bullets max in the chest or stomach and the player is dead.

Tom can I ask where you live? Europe? America?

Hey Scar, I like the m99 because you can hit someone anywhere and they go down, drawbacks are slow reloading and you can't pickup someone that is real close. The MSG90, I think, only kills single shot in the head, and more than 1 shot anywhere, when you make one shot, they move. The advantage is you can shoot one shot at at time repeatedly. The mrc is ok for spray shooting and is my most difficult when trying to get the tiny ironsight on target is hard for me. I have used the SCAR L/H and that has a lot of fire power and would probably be better for my type of playing. I have noticed when the news is covering a war, there are a lot of soldiers using that type weapon. I will be using this weapon to see if I get a better kill count with it.

I live in USA, in Texas. Do you follow baseball? It is our team "the Rangers" playing in the World Series, leading 3 game to 2. They win one more tonight and they would be the World Series Champions for the first time.

The two guys I've been working with on this form and others, are very good players. They are trying to prove to me that most of the players are not cheaters, showing me they can appear suddenly and kill me with the mrc with one shot, which has to be to the head to do that. They are Sidd (cybersidd) and Rahn (Rahnman), I don't know how good Tinker is, he is trying to join up with us to play, getting all of us together is difficult because living our own lives, which is the way its supposed to be.

I don't know if you have picked up on the fact, I am 76 years old. John, the website master interviewed me and put the discussion on this site. He was trying to understand why a 75 (got one year older since) year old man would play these games against youngsters 60 years younger. Only that I am a competive person and have been all my life.

Enough of that, enjoyed the conversations

Tom1935

Edited by tom1935

wow, passed over 10,000 views today, thanks all for taking part. I only have one major situation to overcome, those individuals that can kill with one shot immediately after coming into view, better said, instantly after coming into view.

I think I can settle this; get into a game with known trusted players and have the rule that they can only kill ME with one shot using the MRC weapon. I can return fire anyway I like. I have befriended two individuals who have assisted me throughout these discussions and have grown to respect and trust them to play the game fair. How about it, Sidd and Rahn, lets get a game going and see if you can duplicate what I am seeing from all those other people that continually kill me instantly with one shot? :o=

There are others that have assisted me, I know that Sidd and Rahn are excellent players and can help solve the above problem, thanks for your help too.

Tom1935