Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

Hi Rahn,

I found the set you mentioned on amazon for $40 + 6.17 shipping. Not bad, so I ordered it, should be here early next week. This set was also available at walmart web site for $60. I'm not sure of this price but was a lot cheaper than $90 you mentioned. They will ship to walmart free, but charge if sent to your personal address.

Thanks for your information, looking forward to getting together some time next week.

Tom

LOL! I'm glad you like them. I'm sure you will start to understand what I meant by how big a role that sound plays in the game. Hearing in 3D is crucial. I haven't been playing much lately so I haven't seen you in game. My schedule this fall has been unreal. I will look for you though.

Cheers,

Rahn

Thats fine Rahn, no hurry, I'm having fun playing the game with the new headphones. I have been trying to use the MRC more in situations where I can just stand still and take my time aiming. There is no way I can run around like Sidd and get any kills. I am really having a hard time understanding where I have to place the enemy EXACTLY WITHIN THE INNER HALF CIRCLE UNDER THE SIGHT POINTER before I can kill anyone, others do this INSTANTLY "not making any accusations Sidd". I don't think lagging is the problem. Is everyone using a keyboard and mouse and PC? Or, are they using a game controller and something other than PC?

Don't work to hard!!! I havent had any conversations with Sidd for a while, guess he's kinda busy too. You guys are not retired like I am. I'm sure you saw Tinker checking in, stating he may be more available soon with his schedule slowing down too.

Later and have a good day.

Tom

Hi all,

Sorry for not posting that often. I have been doing twelve hour shifts at work this month and it has been really busy! My schedule from next week is far better and hope to do one of those coop or TDM sessions again with you guys. It was fun last time, all we need are more players.

About the aiming from the iron sights thing: Your target should be right in the middle of the semi-circle and at the tip of the verticle sight pointer (the iron sight).

Hope this helps!

Sid

Listen all of you, as of this post, there has been 8335 views of this conversation about "cheaters vs non-cheaters". This shows a lot if interest, it would be really useful to everyone if most of you viewing this post would supply information helpful to those who also suspect cheating. There has been a lot of information already provided, but mostly from only a hand full of folks. Give me your inputs because the problem still has not been settled.

If you could answer my main problem with the game, that is how does a player nail you instantly, placing you within their gun sights within that tiny half circle with the gun mostly used, the mrc. The players are always the same people, and are always at the top of the list of

number of kills. I don't have time to get my target in that tiny half circle, I can barely see them on my 32" high def. monitor. Even when I do have time, which is very seldom, I have a hard time getting them in my gun sight. How do THEY overcome these conditions?

Some say it could be lag times, my lag times are always pretty good. I have above average reflexes, physical dexterity and most always beat anyone in physical games. This game is like a physical game, you need good reflexes and eye hand coordination. I know I still need to improve my techniques, such as keeping my gun sight always pointing toward where a target might appear, keeping track of those getting killed to make sure he is not still sitting where he was when he killed me, do not get so competitive that you try and go after him repeatedly and keep getting killed. There are lot of things like these mentioned that can be perfected. Just go back to my second paragraph, and lets solve that!!!!

Sidd, I was able to nail an enemy by putting him at the tip of the verticle part of the gun sight, but had plenty of time to put it there. I refer back to paragraph 2 above. As always, I appreciate your inputs and do listen, just don't have the answer yet. I have been leaving my m99 on the rack and using the mrc, absolutely sickening how the others completely out shoot me.

If you could answer my main problem with the game, that is how does a player nail you instantly, placing you within their gun sights within that tiny half circle with the gun mostly used, the mrc. The players are always the same people, and are always at the top of the list of

number of kills. I don't have time to get my target in that tiny half circle, I can barely see them on my 32" high def. monitor. Even when I do have time, which is very seldom, I have a hard time getting them in my gun sight. How do THEY overcome these conditions?

Tom,

As I have no foreseeable way to know for sure that the guys who you mentioned above cheat or not, I can only tell you how I aim fast (or atleast try to do). As I have said before, predicting the enemy, experiance, server lag, player skill, hand eye coordination, mastery of the mouse, quality of opposition, luck, etc all play an important role in a multiplayer game. Good players tend to play good and naturally progress towards the top of the list. Isn't this what we all strive for anyways? To play good and finish in a respectible position in our team. To be good in this game you have to first find out your style and preferance of gameplay. Since you have difficulty adapting to the mrc, why dont you stick with the sniper and improve your skills even more? smile.gif Over longer distances it is indeed very difficult to spot an enemy with an mrc, but it's not impossible. If you get shot almost instantly by an enemy, there could be a possibility that the one who shot you could be someone other than the person you think killed you. (Or it could be lag, or it could be the guy is indeed cheating! tongue.gif)

Don't worry about these things that much and enjoy the game more, you'll get better eventually! Now when's our next gaming session biggrin.gif !!!

Sid

Edited by cybersidd

My feeling is that most of the better players are very good and do not cheat, but I believe there are a few that do, I could name one in particular but will not do that.

I agree that the good players did not get there instantly but progressed, like you said. I would like to build my skill on the mrc but thats hard because i don't have the skill and get killed too fast, although I do get a little practice. I also feel most of you have belonged to a club or something and have been able to get in a lot of practice and discuss stratagies to improve your clubs skills. I will just have to take your word for it that putting your target in that tiny half circle on the tip of the pointer can be done instantly, just hard to believe.

I have found when the game runs dm instead of tdm, I can get a little more practice. In the past, I have stayed against the dm because of my inexperience. Recall last night, i got killed right off the bat playin dm by guess who? YOU :devil:

I would like to hear from those of you who read this discussion. Since posting my last, there have been an additional 130+ viewers. Come on you all, lets hear from you.....

Seems kinda hard to get a gaming session going, everyone not retired seems to be putting in a lot of hours.

My standing in the kill count seems to be climbing, but its getting harder. Seems I was the only sniper, now every time I play, there are few more and getting my choice spots to snip, forcing me to look harder for other places, which is good....

Thanks

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

You have a very big screen to work with. I'm wondering what resolution you are using with that size screen. If you are having troubles seeing people it could be that your resolution is too high. Try setting it to 600x800 just for kicks and see if it makes enemies appear larger on your screen. Having the capacity to see more of the battlefield also makes things appear smaller. Of course, it's harder to hit smaller targets. Since you've got a fast mouse now you can use it to look left and right more quickly so that not being able to see more of the map will not be that much of a problem. See if that helps you any.

Cheers,

Rahn

That was one of my previous questions, even tho I have 1080p hi res, the game limits me to what ever its designed for, that has been my thinking. I will reduce resolution like you say and give it a try. Screen size is 32" lcd/led less than 5ms access time, which is pretty good.

Thanks

Tom

I started using a lower resolution and aspect ratio. Enemy seems to look the same. There may be an advantage to using a lower res because pixcels are larger, therefore when the gun site is on target, the larger pixcel is easier to hit that a small one. Just a thought.

We've gotton a lot more views, but not any new individuals making comments. Everyone that views is doing so because they are interested in what is being said and learning something. SO, please, make your thoughts known to help those who read this link.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by tom1935

I have been using the mrc gun and there seems to be a slight improvement in hitting the target with the lower resolution where the pixcels are larger. Maybe my imagination or maybe just using the mrc more has improved my ability, who knows.

Let me hear your thoughts folks, share your knowledge with others.

Thank you for your interest in making this game more enjoyable to those individuals needing some help, it has helped me. :rolleyes:

Tom1935

Not having the time for the late meetings here, a shame about the time zones. Do have some time off soon, will be in touch for a few hopefully.

MRC is the only kit I usually ever take. hit the guy in the head he usually drops, but body hits can take 3-4 at range.

If you are on widescreen and you change the resolution to a normal screen size the characters will look chunkier, wider, and be easier to kill, is this what you are seeing?

Hi Tinker, good to hear from you. I understand your situation with the time zones and wish something could be worked out. Even with the others and only an hour or two time zone differences, we can't seem to get together either. Everyone has their own lives and interest, its hard to find the time.

It sounds like you agree with me, its the lower resolution (larger pixcels) that may help with the use of mrc weapon. I played quite a bit last night and still had a hard time getting on target. Even when I had time to get on target, I was required to put the person EXACTLY slightly under the tip of the pointer in order to get a kill. Very slightly to the left or right or above, I would miss the shot. Others at the same distance shooting at me, would get me instantly when coming into view. I am still having a hard time understanding that. Its as if I am magnified to them and they can put me in the exact position to kill me. I just don't know.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying playing the game, just frustrated that I cannot solve this instant kill part of the game. Lately, I have been going back and playing the single person of the same game and finding it very challenging. I really don't want to give up on the multiplayer part of it because I believe I can be just as good as others if I could just hit my target instantly too. Once I do that, I can then work on being able to spot the enemy quicker, right now that part doesnt matter. :wall:

It does seem that at closer range, the lower resolution has improved hitting the target, its just the slightly longer range where being exact is important.

Anyway, have a good day Tinker, maybe sometime in the future we can get in some games.

Tom1935 ("tmfrex" game name)

Edited by tom1935

I have seen tons of cheaters during the 2 year time I have been playing this game on multiplayer. I've gotten friends who have been given me info about all kind of stuff. What I really hate about the Anticheat in this game is that it does not detect all cheats. If you have files in your 'Local' or 'mods' folder it will find it BUT if you are using a hack, that files can be in your 'Settings' folder, and that means the anticheat cannot find it. Something else that disturbs me alot is also players that played for a long time and mostly had a very good score, because if someone accuses that player for cheating, he will just say that ''I have played for years, I know all the spots''. I am not saying all these players actually are cheating, but lots of them do. There is also people who play clean, but then they use another nick and start hacking.

I am not sure if you know about it, but there are xml files for all the weapons in the game. You can modify those files, you can make your weapon stronger/giving more damage, you can add bullets, change muzzle flash effects and the sound. You can even modify a pistol (M9 for example) like, that you make your M9 stronger and you make it able for you to shoot from a very far distance with it. Have you ever been killed by a pistol at a very far distance, but when you try to do the same it wont do damage even though you have your aim on him?

I love the game GRAW2, it's my absolute favourite game out there. If I play with my friends on Coop or TDM, it's so much fun. But it really ###### me off when people join and use speedhack, wallhack, modified weapons etc.

Edited by **STAR**

Thanks Star for joining these discussions, we need as much input as we can get. Thank you...

A modification that also may be used by a lot of players is the removal of recoil when firing the weapon. This allows the person to continue firing without having to re-aim after each shot.

I also feel that some of the better players reach their max kill count and feel compelled to cheat to get even more. I have a hard time seeing where the joy is for cheating. As I said when starting this discussion, there is no competition in cheating. Cheating is going on among players that can't play good and real good players.

Maybe if we get a lot more discussions, the game producers will put out an update to this game with a better detection for file modifications. That would be nice. I also feel that those getting caught cheating are kicked for the rest of the game and if history shows the same players doing it, gets banned forever. Another cheat is "gl - granade launchers", they could modify the game that will TAG a player that has a minor cheat so he he/she is seen by all, even his own players as a cheater. This person will immediately be dodging bullets...

Thanks again for your 1st post, please continue...

I see your from Sweden, the time on your post after edited shows 04:46pm, what time zone is this?

Enjoyed discussing this with you...

Take care...

Tom1935 ("tmfrex" game name)

Hi Tom,

If you are looking to work on your targeting one of the best things to do is play coop. You can play a coop and focus on whatever skill it is you are trying to improve upon, such as getting headshots. The AI bots in coop are not as good as real players so it may be a better arena to hone your skills.

Cheers,

Rahn

I am not sure but I think my time zone is GMT +1 or maybe +2. Anyways, I agree with you that they should make the anticheat system alot better, but I don't think they would do that.

Tom, what server do you play on? I am mostly on FB-SPAWN or Test Server, I am admin on both of these servers since my friend Rico686 is the owner of them. Do you play on RaS? I never go there because the RaS members give out cheats to their players in that group. One of their members didn't want to use any cheats so they banned him from their clan and their server.

Rahn, I'll try playing the coop stuff. I have found that the games when going "DM" instead of "TDM" gives me some better practice also. Only problem with DM is they find me before I find them. I'll give it a go and see, Thanks

Star, I have heard thru these discussions that there are RAS cheaters, which I believe is true. I play RAS server almost all the time because this is the only one where there are players available almost all the time. It seems when playing they are always calling out names of those caught cheating, which is contrary to what you seem to be saying. It could be they were given cheats but dont use them all the time. This does make it tempting for some of them to cheat if they are provided the cheats. If there were other servers available most of the time, I would play them.

The servers you have FB-SPAWN or Test Server, are they on all the time? I believe I have seen Rico686 either on discussion here or during play, I don't remember. If I find them, I will try them out, my game name is 'tmfrex" and usually use the sniper gun a lot when I get tired of getting killed when using the mrc against those better players and/or cheaters.

Have a good day,

Tom1935 (tmfrex)

Rahn, I spend a lot of time with settings to get the headphones to work, then I spend a lot of time getting the computer speakers working. I want to listen to the computer speakers when doing other things and listen with the headphones for playing games. I don't seem to know how to select one or the other with out going thru a lot of stuff. When I do get one going, I don't remember what I did. I'm not trying to get both going at the same time. Just hard to figure out going from one to the other..

I have been playing coop, your right about they enemy not being as quick as real people, but they are deadly if you don't spot them first. Fun to play.

Have a good night,

Tom1935

Hmmm, don't know what to tell you about changing between the two. I usually just plug the headphones in and they will become the primary speakers. When I unplug them the regular speakers take over. I found that it was sometimes necessary to restart the computer.

Glad you like coop!

Cheers,

Rahn

My speakers are plugged into the rear of the machine. When I use the headphones, I plug them into the front. In my sound card options it is checked to mute the rearoutput device when a front headphone is plugged in.

I use Realtek. If the program is not selected to start by default, or is not active when I try to switch speakers, it does not work Then I need to enable it in msconfig, then it will work on a restart, or enable it in services.msc, and no restart needed.

I believe what Tinker is saying is correct, I have a really fancy sound system with millions of plugin places, front and back, and I have a setup software to kill the back when the headphones are plugged into the front, I'm sure, just havent found the right selections yet. I"ll keep working on it.

Tom

Oh, I am trying to get mission mods loaded and having problems understanding how to do that. I find lots of chatter here and there but to technical for me right now. Is there a software that will simply take the mod and add it to the library? My assumption is that when you place these missions (bundles?) in the proper folder, they are added to the game select table. :wall:

Edited by tom1935