how much spam do you guys actually get?

Zeealex

There has been 18 spammers join the site in the past week.

Some days we don't get any but I have seen 10 in one day, We always check every new member that joins the site, this way we can get rid of them before they get a chance to spam the forums.

In the past 24 hours there has been 3 spammers join up plus a couple more I'm keeping my eye on. :devil:

As you can see it's a never ending battle. :(

it seems really well moderated you lot definately keep to your word when you say 24/7, 365 days a year.

Thanks, we do try our best :)

and being a global site does mean that we have staff and members logging on from all over the planet at all times of the respective day/night.

Not sure most people give much thought day-to-day on just how much time & effort all the staff (and a lot of members) put into making this the best GR community (so guess that means that it’s working :P )

and of course good moderation is not only about dealing with SPAM

We actively promote reasoned debate and hopefully fun & informative discussion on gaming and related subjects, Where players of all ages, backgrounds and playing abilities can come and meet up to play and chat or just hang-out and catch up on gaming news or to download the best Mods.

• 3 months later...

just a quick idea.

what about setting a filter of sorts so newbies posting their first posts can ony post in a "welcome" forum? that way spammers are cornered. :huh: like i said, idea, it will most probably be ignored, but worth a shot i suppose

• 3 months later...