Operation Overload

Operation Overload v1 is ready for first beta.

This map is built on a clean version of the mission 05 landscape.

There is one new objective in the mission but you need to play the large map to complete it, I have made the Allhauler van plantable with c4, this van is normally a destructible prop and can't be used for anything other than nade fodder.

The objective is called "Destroy Car Bomb", you can plant the c4 anywhere on the van, after detonating the c4 this will blow the doors off the van then 3 seconds later the whole van will explode, the second explosion represents the car bomb exploding.

I had to make three separate vehicles for this one objective, the first is indestructible, the second just has dynamic doors and the last is a fully destructible vehicle, all three of these are spawned and removed while the different explosions take place.

The reason I'm explaining this in detail is that some vehicles can cause problems on dedicated servers so if you see anymore than one van there please let me know, so far it seems to work as it should on a dedi server.

Important, please read the instructions below before playing the mission.

Large Map switch:

There is one new switch at the initial spawn point, using this will open up the map giving you two extra objectives.

Once the extra objectives are activated you must complete them to finish the mission, you can not go back and turn the switch off (remove the extra objectives) after you have activated the large map so use it with caution.

Switches and features:

As usual this mission is adaptive, if you are playing alone you will be in Easy mode but if more players join then it will update itself and then be in Hard mode.

If there is more than one player the mission will be in Hard mode but if all but one player leaves, the mission will then be in Easy mode.

Easy Switch:

If there is more than one player then use this switch to play the Easy version (this switch does nothing if you are playing alone).

Hard switch:

If you are playing alone then use this switch to play the Hard version (this switch does nothing if there is more than one player).

Large Map switch:

Use this to open up the map, this will give you more objectives and AI, you can still use the "Easy" or "Hard" switch for for the large map.

Night switch:

Use this to play the night version.

You have 60 seconds to make your selection from the available switches.

To give you more time the mission will not start until you get close to the metal fence (bottom of the stairs) at the initial spawn point, so no AI are spawned until you are near the fence.

Thanks for testing and I hope you enjoy the mission,

John

Download:

Operation Overload v1.

Hey John,

I just finished testing this one. Very nice job! I didn't run into any difficulties. I tried it on "hard" in the day time with the extra objectives and everything worked perfectly. I especially like what you did with the "Intel" objective by putting a cover on the dome ...... very cool! I also like the alley in the beginning, which had back alleys which allowed you to do some flanking maneuvers. I had no problems with crashing and the game played very smooth and fast. I think this one is ready for release. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Rahn

Yes, This is a solid map...for the size I couldn't find any issues what so ever.

Edited by Pave Low
Removed unnecessary quote (If you are replying to the latest post you don't need to quote the whole thing again - Please use the "Add Reply" button instead of "Reply" in such cases)

Hello John.

I tested the easy mode, i had no problems. The game played very fast. During the game i hadn't any lags and crashes.

Really great job! :thumbsup:

After i read rahnman and sdavidson34 posts I think the map is ready for public release :)

Cheers,

Daro.

Fantastic! Just completed day+hard+short map and no issues at all. Frames was mostly >50 on both clients and still using the old dedi LAN server. Just extended the HD but still the same memory size(will build a bigger one next week).

I don't know if we are getting to slow for your maps because we find that mission very hard and died very often :wacko: GREAT!

Within the next days we will try day+hard+large map and may be night as well.

Well done John :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the feedback folks, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Must say I'm surprised that there are no problems (so far) with the Car Bomb objective, I was expecting it to cause problems on the dedicated servers, now I've said that you just know what will happen... :rolleyes:

Pleased you were able to play though the mission without any problems kaapo, as this map is smaller than the last one this just adds to my theory that big maps are not suited for co-op missions.

Hey John, fantastic and funny map. Yesterday we tried in a dedicated server in hard and big map settings (day) and 4 players. Bomb Car target done without problems.

The only minor issue I have found, but i'm not sure and will try to reproduce next time we playing this map, is that a bot seems to spawn inside a wall at the huraam factory. Unfortunately, I didn't take a capture to show you that, will do next time, meanwhile I draw you this diagram (2 objectives inside A and B), that hope it helps.

opoverload.jpg

When moving outside this building I noticed that some one is shoting me from direction 1, and cannot see him. After go inside, I saw a bot shooting at me and partially inside the wall (marked as a X) and I was able to kill him with a nade. Going outside again, no fire is detected now in that direction, so it is plausible that this bot was the first one.

Well, it can be a random issue or simply I was not able to see another bot outside and it got killed later by a mate. So i will try to check again next time.

Great map anyway. :thumbsup:

Thanks to Bikerbob :o= (dedi), Gocho 0:) , and Kolibri :zorro: in this run.

Edited by RickDekkard

Hi all

is that a bot seems to spawn inside a wall at the huraam factory

Yes here is the proof. The hard mode only

And here try to find the sniper ;)

I think we have to test once again the hard expand mode.

Thanks to =GSA=BrettP and [GSA]Subaru for testing with me :D

Cheers,

Daro.

I played through from halfway with [GSA]Subaru and =GSA=Daro then ran through the big map on my own. All seemed fine except for one invisible\stuck in the wall guy in the humraam depot. <_<

http://www.xfire.com/profile/brettp1970/screenshots/?view#111698328

I also got stuck behind this lid for a while on the way to extract, after some AI shot a gas bottle and blew the trash with me behind it., but no biggie. :rocky:

http://www.xfire.com/profile/brettp1970/screenshots/?view#111698338

And as far as extract goes....one word...bushes... :whistle:

i like this map, it is very different and is a nice change. The only other glitch i had was a typical graw crash at antenna explosion, but only the once. :(

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: hold_weapon in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercustom.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\identity.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

thanks john, nice map

Hi again :)

I tried to play today but i couldnt finish the map. Server crashed without a reason. I was standing politely, because i went to make a coffee and after return Gaming Deluxe told me this:

Out of memory allocating 829528 bytes

Renderer: threaded

Physics : normal

hmmm.... i was plaing in expanded hard mode. I was standing near 2nd tank.

There is one more thing. In this mode i had only one heli. I did Intel objective almost without any problems. In alpha i had minor problems with the doors but i'm thinking now, if you can change this kind of doors you should try to. I had problem to get out from intel objective because of it.

The Doors

Near start point i've found a lost soldier with RPG. He tried to push the wall. Probably this is accidental, but here are pictures:

Lost Soldier pic

lost soldier map

That's all for now.

As i said, the guy with RPG- it was an accidental error ;) this time all was fine.

I've pressed the large map button and hard mode immidietly after spawn and script react weird. The map was large of course but game shows me easy mode, then i pressed the hard mode again, and after few seconds one more time, after this little fight with buttons the game shows me hard mode. This time i had helis to 2nd trigger :). Why the cript react wrong at first time? Do i have to wait appointed time to switch from easy to hard mode when i'm alone on the server? I remember that wasnt a problem on other maps...

Hi folks,

Thanks for testing again.

I will move the bot that is shooting at you through the wall at the production objective.

I had the same problem as you at the intel daro, sometimes the fence doesn't clear the doorway making it hard to get out, I found a well placed grenade would fix the issue! :shifty:

When you first enter the map the script will check to see how many players have joined and will tell you which mode you are in, "Easy Mode" for one player and "Hard Mode" if there is more than one, if you select the "Hard Switch" then there will be another message telling you that mode is selected and the mission has been updated.

The opposite would happen if there was more than one player, when they enter the map you would see "Hard mode" on the screen but if you were to select the easy switch you would then see "Easy Mode" on the screen.

You have 60 seconds to make your selection so the messages you saw are normal, it's just that you updated your mission to the hard mode, you can make your selection any time within the 60 seconds but only press it once or it will cancel it out, you can see it's on by the change in colour of the light.

I just want to make sure you all know what mode you are in after selecting the switches.

:thumbsup:

John

Yes i know how it should work :) but still when i pressed the hard switch at the first time, first heli shows up at antena objective. It was realy weird because when i played with Brett we had few helis before this objective. But i think i know now where i made a mistake:

When you first enter the map the script will check to see how many players have joined and will tell you which mode you are in.....

I think i pressed this switch too soon.

Hi ! We played that last night on our Dedicated Server.

2 Players, Hard, Large Map

We had no problems.

No AI shooting through walls or someting. All works fine.

The AI sniper positions are very mean. Moreover it happens often, that the AI spawned directly around us. *plop* here we are...

For me thats a heavy downer on the whole mission. From 60 % of the map I just played to get it done.

Mean but nice mission.

Regards

Ares

Hi John,

we completed hard-large map-day on dedi LAN server as well and have seen just the wall-guy at the production unit.

At the production unit the frames dropped for a short period from 50 to about 22fps but this should be my system. That's all.

Everything ran smooth and no issues found. Also Car bomb is working very well.. Did not looked for the doors but rest was fine :-)

Very good mission.....again :yes:

THANKS,

Klaus&Erika

Dedicated LAN-only server: 1.6Ghz Centrino M

Client 1: E6750@2800+HD4870/512+4GB - 22" 1400x1050

Client 2: E4400@2400+HD3780/512+4GB - 20" 1280x800

ok well wall man did a dance for me tonight http://www.xfire.com/video/42e3f8/

i always have a problem getting into the humraam house as i think the step is not even or the door is not breaking properly.

http://www.xfire.com/profile/brettp1970/screenshots/?view#111783457

tonight the door didnt collapse properly, but i could shoot the remainder out. however i still couldn't get over the step whilst crouching. This especially sux when the tank comes around the corner. :wall:

otherwise all well. Thanks to =GSA=Daro and [GSA]Subaru for testing. ;)

The AI sniper positions are very mean. Moreover it happens often, that the AI spawned directly around us. *plop* here we are...

For me thats a heavy downer on the whole mission. From 60 % of the map I just played to get it done.

Bit harsh there Ares, that's unlike you. :o

Do you mean the Snipers or the ground AI, with my missions you need to take your time and play at a steady pace as I think most of the others do here, if you charge around the map with all guns blazing then you will see some hot spawning.

Don't forget Ares I have seen your video of you completing the Quarry map in 10 minuets! :P;)

Loved the video Brett, break dancing AI, haha whatever next. :lol:

I'll take a look at the wooden fences at the production unit and the intel, I think adding a land mine there would help to shift the debris a bit better.

Operation Overload v1.1 is ready for testing.

Hopefully the issues above have been fixed.

The bot that was spawning in the wall at the production objective has been moved.

I have added a mine to each of the wooden fences at the production and intel objectives, these will go off 0.8 seconds after you destroy the fence, this seems to help shift the debris so I hope it works a bit better.

I think that's about it.

Thanks all, :thumbsup:

John

Download:

Operation Overload v1.1.

Bit harsh there Ares, that's unlike you. :o

Do you mean the Snipers or the ground AI, with my missions you need to take your time and play at a steady pace as I think most of the others do here, if you charge around the map with all guns blazing then you will see some hot spawning.

Don't forget Ares I have seen your video of you completing the Quarry map in 10 minuets! :P;)

Hi. When i play coop with others like BIGTREE, then we play COOP. Quiete and tactical. Quarry was a quick runtrough that was more like memory than GRAW2.

No really mate. The most spawns are perfectly timed, but some are just a bit to close. But maybe i pushed and hold the positions a bit too fast. But that was "normal" playing. Will handle it in v1.1 :o=

Regards

Ares

Am I right in assuming that the map file is password protected, as with both z-zip and win-rar when I try to extract the bundle file I am asked for the password. I would be gratefull if someone could let me know what this is.....thanks.

Hi John,

Tested the map yesterday en today again, both in the hard mode/large map and I didn't encounter any difficulties. Game ran smoothly for me when I was using the default weapons. When I ran the map using Brettzies v2.07 on the other hand I had 2 crashes, but that doesn't mean that the map is causing issues. Custom weapon packs tend to have issues, that's a known fact. I'm also gonna test it with the other weapon packs.

I like where you located the snipers and when they are being activated. Some were hard to find which made the map even more challenging.

Good work and fantastic map John.

P.S. Fischer and I tested the map today with the Rahnman's Mod and we didn't run into any problems. Great map!

We tested v1.1 also on the dedicated server and we didn't have any problems at all. Game ran smoothly; no crashes or whatsoever.

Good job!!!

Edited by Rico686

Hi,

Found something between trigger 5 and 9. Here is my path:

" The Thin Red Line" is my path,

Green rectangle- more less trigger 5,

Red rectangle - trigger 9,

graw2-20110318-152422.jpg

The problem- when i went my path to trigger 9 without running the trigger 5, trigger 9 doesn't start. I hecked it 2 times.

And as the last time server crashed in this same place. I was standing here:

Rectangle- the tank position,

Circle- my position,

Triangle - other player position,

graw2-20110312-074431.jpg

The server crashed, when the trigger start, and this is weird: not always in this place, the map is crashing server :/

Maybe it's just a game, maybe not, but in mostly of triggers my CPU is going crazy. I got temp near 67 degrees Celsius- max cpu temp is 72. Maybe the trigger is too big? I have no idea. Here is crash report. It's memory leak :

Fri Mar 18 14:58:06 2011

Out of memory allocating 14173224 bytes

Renderer: threaded

Physics : normal

The game mode: expand and hard

Cheers,

Daro.