[MoH: Medal of Honor - Weapon has graphics issue]

OldGhost

Hi all. I have another question about my ASUS 8800GTX video card. I just loaded a new game.

MEDAL OF HONOR: Tier 1.

I know it’s a rival game, but you all have been a great source of knowledge and info for me.

Mi question is: How do I add it to my video cards list of games that it recognizes so I can adjust the video settings for it?

Also, I think I got a crappy install. The game looks good except for one weird thing. There is something wrong with the rendering of the gun in your hand. The best way I can describe it is this. Remember the movie PREDATOR, staring my crappy ex governor, Arnie? The gun looks like the optical camouflage of the alien. Kind of see through and prism like. Also, as I move around it picks up the color of the background I am close to. Changing color as I go. How’s that for weird? :blink: If any of you here can help me with this, that would be too great.

As long as I’m here, I will ask: Do any of you Ghosts know of a good MOH website like Ghost Recon .net where I can go to ask questions and seek answers from MOH fans?

Thanks for the info.

OldGhost.

Edited by Pave Low
Thread moved to "MoH" forum (as more relevant) & given a meaningful title

How do I add it to my video cards list of games that it recognizes so I can adjust the video settings for it?

what you are referring to there is the Nvidia profiles, where Nvidia have devised specific optimum GPU settings for certain games

So long as you have the latest driver from Nvidia they already have an Nvidia profile for MoH: Medal of Honor (AKA Medal of Honor 2010) since before the game came out, so you wont need to create one yourself.

(and normally you wont need to do any adjusting to it as you typically just alter the in-game video options higher/lower)

Get the latest drivers from nvidia (the ones windows update uses are rarely the latest)

(As you didn't say what O/S you use, cant point you at the exact driver you should D/L but the selector page is very simple)

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

*Normally the only time the Nvidia profiles don't recognise you have a game is if you have the game on steam (as the exe is then in an unusual filepath)

There is something wrong with the rendering of the gun in your hand. The best way I can describe it is this. Remember the movie PREDATOR, The gun looks like the optical camouflage of the alien. Kind of see through and prism like. Also, as I move around it picks up the color of the background I am close to. Changing color as I go

not heard of that before, but a quick web-search showed several other people with the same issue and the solution was to use the following NVIDIA 3D settings

Anisotropic filtering: App controlled

Antialiasing - Gamma correction: On

Antialiasing Mode: App controlled

but once you have the latest driver 2 of these are the default Nvidia profile settings anyway, except for "Antialiasing - Gamma correction" (which is off by default)

so if it still happens with the newest driver then you should try changing "Antialiasing - Gamma correction" set to "on" to see if fixes it

Do any of you Ghosts know of a good MOH website like Ghost Recon .net where I can go to ask questions and seek answers from MOH fans?

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=217 :whistle:

I put my computer into the shop to have it upgraded just to play MoH. I did so before I loaded the game. I know that I have "A" latest driver for my video card. Where he got it from, I don't Know.

This driver has a check box that says: "show only those games/programs that are in this computer". Or something like that. I will un-check the box and see if it will show me it's compleat list and maybe I can find it there. Meanwhile, I have made some changes and improvements in the general appearance of the game by using the global drivrers tab and running on that.

I will try your driver settings and let you know what happens.

OldGhost.

PROBLEM SOLVED! :D

I plugged in the settings you suggested and the gun magically appeared in my hands.

Also, I unchecked that box that said “show only those programs found on this computer” to find a long list of games and MoH was among them. I copied the settings from the Global Settings tab and it all worked.

O.K. now for some fine tuning of my settings to try to get just a little more speed from my 8800GTX video card . With Vsynk on, the game runs good overall but there are places and moments when my frame rate drops down enough to cause stuttering.

Here is the complete list of the settings for MoH in my computer. Some of them I know about but most are a mystery to me. Any suggestions on setting them with the goal of getting more frame rates out of my video card without loosing too much picture quality along with a short explanation of what they do would be much appreciated.

First, the resolution I am running is 1680x1050. This is the native resolution of my monitor. Would it harm anything if I selected a lower resolution from the in-game settings?

The latest driver for my video card bumped up the default clock settings to: Core bus = 761 and the Memory Bus to 1122. I have run as high as 770 for the core bus with the memory bus wide open while playing GRAW with no problems. So I’ve got a little room to grow here. So O.K. here are the rest of my settings. What do you all think can be changed to make the game run better and maybe even look better?

Anisotropic Filtering = Application Controlled.

Antialiasing Gamma-Correction = On.

Antialiasing Mode = Application Controlled.

Antialiasing Transparence = Off.

CUDA-GPUs = All.

Extension Limit = Off.

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames = 2.

Multi-Display mixed GPU Acceleration = Multiple Display Performance Mode.

Texture Filtering Anisotropic Sample Optical = Off.

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias = Allow.

Texture Filtering Quality = Quality.

Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization = Off.

Threaded Optimization = Auto.

Triple Buffering = On.

Vertical Synk = Use the 3D Application.

CRAP! There are a lot of settings. :blink:

Thanks all for your time helping me get the most out of my games.

OldGhost.