DiRT 3 - Video "NEW SECTIONS - Exclusive first play! "

Cpl Ledanek

I'm not in approval of most DLCs, specially when Dev/Publishers says it's not in the disc, but modders can pull it up easily

I am glad I did purchase these two DLCs (the car and the Monte Carlo track)

I'm driving slow so you guys can see how beautiful this track is and how much detail Codemasters put into this track

the track is excellent now, but a handful of modders are upgrading the difficulty by adding rain, heavy rain, snow, blizzard ... and an option to run a RallyX (multiple cars) without the staggered start :devil: .... CARNAGE!!!!

this Gymkhana car has lots of power to do the turns, but MC has a few turns that you really don't wanna do a power slide nor drift...the pavement is not level. When the tires bounce back to the pavement, it will "kick" you off track, if you got your FF really high, watch your wrist. I was feathering it, when my G27 wheel kicked-back. It snapped so hard, I thought it was going to fall off and wake up everyone at the house. Anyhoo, I did a 1080p so guys on the fence about getting Monte Carlo (I was one of them)....it's like Croatia but more twisty on this particular track.

Hey CM, the sound inside the cave could use more reverb??? Hopefully, not the last track with a cave.

Credits at the end btw

not sure what is going on with my Photoshop7 and nVidia DDS plug-in, but lately, these two are not cooperating. I'll have to download GIMP and hopefully the nVidia DDS will plug-in without a hitch. I'm still getting stump with the design on how "colorful" the H3 will be. Hoping it would contrast nice with the new DLC track.

I like the new camera angle due to the fact you can read the BFS Logo better than any other camera angle in DiRT2-&-3

this ACAT4 Mod is full of awesome

length of track has been added............ so you can judge if you need more time or less time to race, if you're trying to sneak a rally before going to bed or to work :whistle:

weather has been added.........

without mod, the Gymkhana cars are restricted to the DC Compound, and have to perform like a caged monkey, but with this mod

you can rally:

@ Michicagn

@Kenya

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool.

What codec and settings are you using to export the movie?

Oh jeez... not sure what your asking but here's how I do it.

- Play DiRT3 @ 1270x720 4x AA 60hz, turning off options that don't pertain to the particular track, i.e water, crowd/character/ cloth, ambient occlusions ... anything to increase fps

- at the end, you play the Replay.

- I turn to FRAPS 3.4.6 to record @ Half Size, locked @ 25fps, What I Hear audio option (Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer ((using Headphones for speakers)) in Game Mode)

- then I take FRAP AVI to MS Live Movie Maker for 1270x720 resolution ... I went back to Sony Vega 9 Demo and didn't like it

- upload to YouTube ... at their mercy when it gets processed.

if I get a chance (unlikely) that no one else in the house, I'll try Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer in Entertainment Mode (for viewing movies) and output to 5.1 speakers, and see how FRAPS handles that.

my specs

Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ Logitech Z-5300 THX/Radeon HD 58501GB/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC

Windows Movie Maker, nice one. So oyou save it as an avi from there, not divx compression or anything?

I think FRAPS records to AVI .... then Movie Maker turns it to WMV.... not sure who compresses.

at the end, YouTube will probably still compress it some more.

If FRAPS can record to divx, will Live Movie Maker accept that format ....hmm This_is_relevant_cat.jpg

using Enhance Car Sounds ver3 taken from this thread

http://community.cod...und-like-2.html

and BladderBoy's Supreme Camera Pack (see YouTube for link)

Likey Ledanek. Very cool.

Played this in another tab while watching.

Frankie goes to Hollywood

Adjusted the audio so the engine sounds came through. :)

using Enhance Car Sounds ver3 taken from this thread

http://community.cod...und-like-2.html

and BladderBoy's Supreme Camera Pack (see YouTube for link)

Likey Ledanek. Very cool.

Played this in another tab while watching.

Frankie goes to Hollywood

Adjusted the audio so the engine sounds came through. :)

WOW, that's extremely fast!

more vids ... relevant mods in the comment section

Monte Carlo track

Michigan

I changed my Creative Labs setting from Game Mode to Entertainment Mode (movies and music) and once again left the 5.1 speakers settings. With my Logitech Z5300 speakers the surround sound passes

Now the FRAPS part: I left it at "What you Hear" settings, then took the FRAPS avi file to Live Movie Maker to make a wmv to be accepted by YouTube. Not sure how Youtube compresses it, but here is the end result

please watch in HD if possible

I'll be uploading to Vimeo for comparison, who produces the better output.

How to embed here from Vimeo I WILL need help

• 2 weeks later...