Operation Trident

JohnTC02

Operation Trident v1 is now ready for testing.

The map is built on the clean version of the mission 03 landscape

New feature:

There is one new switch at the initial spawn point, using this will open up the map giving you three extra objectives.

Once the extra objectives are activated you must complete them to finish the mission, you can not go back and turn the switch off (remove the extra objectives) after you have activated the large map so use it with caution.

Map name for dedicated servers:

coop_tc02_operation_trident_v1

Important, please read the instructions below before playing the mission.

Switches and features:

As usual this mission is adaptive, if you are playing alone you will be in Easy mode but if more players join then it will update itself and then be in Hard mode.

If there is more than one player the mission will be in Hard mode but if all but one player leaves, the mission will then be in Easy mode.

Easy Switch:

If there is more than one player then use this switch to play the Easy version (this switch does nothing if you are playing alone).

Hard switch:

If you are playing alone then use this switch to play the Hard version (this switch does nothing if there is more than one player).

Large Map switch:

Use this to open up the map, this will give you more objectives and AI, you can still use the "Easy" or "Hard" switch for for the large map.

Night switch:

Use this to play the night version.

You have 60 seconds to make your selection from the available switches.

To give you more time the mission will not start until you get close to the metal fence at the initial spawn point, so no AI are spawned until you are near the fence.

AI count:

Easy 319 AI.

Hard 638 AI.

Please note, the AI count is for the large map, if playing the normal size map then the amount of AI will be reduced.

This mission is not for the faint hearted, even in the Easy mode some may find this a challenge.

I have been asked to make another large map to suit the teams/clans so I hope you all enjoy it, as this is a large map you may experience lag or crashes on lower spec machines.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Download:

Operation Trident v1.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had an email from JayBot saying that him a Rahn played through the mission but after completing all the objectives the extraction didn't start, there was no marker for the roadblock and the were unable to plant the c4.

Has anyone else had this problem? all was fine in the alpha version and there has been no changes since then.

Hello,

In easy mode all is good

http://www.xfire.com/profile/dareckistich/screenshots/?view#110457071

http://www.xfire.com/profile/dareckistich/screenshots/?view#110457074

but there is something at the beggining

http://www.xfire.com/profile/dareckistich/screenshots/?view#110457062

When the map start all 4 lamps were glowing. After I pressed easy mode, all triggers were as you planned, but i had still 4 glowing lamps....

btw when i tried to post images i had this message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

Hi daro,

Thanks for testing.

As this is a one mission suits all we now have the night switch to play the night version, there is one downfall to this, I can't turn on the streetlights etc from the script so I have to have them all on for the day version.

This also applies to the switches, the lights will be on when you play the day version but if you look at them carefully when you activate them they will change colour, I can't tell you what these colours are as I'm colour blind but I know they do.

Had another email from JayBot, he played the hard version and the large map, after completing all the objectives the extraction didn't start, there was no waypoint marker for the roadblock and he couldn't plant the c4 on them.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm going to play through the map taking the same route that he did, if I find the problem I'll post a new version asap.

This was the route that Jay took (click for larger image):

post-20090-1297075255739_thumb.jpeg

Thanks,

John

I have played through the mission taking the same route as JayBot, to make things easier for myself I removed all the AI first but doing this will not effect how the mission plays.

I tried it twice but each time it worked as it should.

Not sure what's going on here. :unsure:

i've just finished alone expanded and hard mode (omfg) and all works fine i can link images is you need, but after completed all objective i destroyed readblock. and the lamps are glowing differend light after you switch them :whistle:

btw inside bunker is one guy who can kill you through the wall he is in centre room and this is special forces with some heavy gun

Ah, so maybe JayBot had a glitch or just missed something, who knows.

If anyone else has this problem then please post it up.

Thanks for taking the time to play the full version daro :thumbsup: , this one is not easy on your own.

Ah, so maybe JayBot had a glitch or just missed something, who knows.

If anyone else has this problem then please post it up.

Thanks for taking the time to play the full version daro :thumbsup: , this one is not easy on your own.

Np John:) but i don't do this alone again hahaha i played over 3 hours.... :wall:

Hi John,

We where 3 that played up to this point marked (point 6), one more player joined. As you can see, we did the map up until the last point however when, we finished the supply bunker, no other positions where marked and all current objectives showed completed. No indication as to where the extraction was. At the roadblock we did not find any marker to plant or to indicate that this is indeed the way out ….. I assume it is north east on the map at the drum and barrel wall.

We played with big map and hard options activated.

Rhanmans Mod

My server

4 players total

I hope this can help.

JayBOT

Could very well be that we did not do everything, but why did it not show still (marked)….if then not completed

Edited by TAW_JayBOT

Pretty clear in the linked pic that the easy lamp is red and all the others are orange. I never noticed that before.

As far as the missing objective and C4, I haven't had a chance to go through the map all the way (just not enough time in the evenings these days). But I just wanted to add that it does happen from time to time even on other maps in the rotations on various servers. Sometimes, one of us can't set C4 on something while others can (I've had that happen before on existing maps for a few items and then it starts working after that). Other times, I've seen players finish all the objectives without the extraction points lighting up. I always assumed it was a problem on the server. So maybe the server was just acting up when JayBOT was playing? Just a guess.

Operation Trident v1 is now ready for testing.

Howdy there!

Yes indeed, yet another fun one. We got down the first road and turned a right when our client-server crashed. Once again, being the only folks running this configuration, we seem to get crashes no one else experiences...

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member:

clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Hi John

Congratulations on creating such an excellent mission - I really enjoyed it. Played coop and solo and both times got past the roadblock and in the 2nd building on the right beyond the tower (alongside the roadblock) seems to be an AI who can kill the Ghosts by firing through the walls of the building. Once you pass that point you can use the other buildings as cover but it definately appears to be a glitch. Next time I'll try and remember to get a screen shot to make it easier to locate the correct building.

Once again John a really fine piece of work. By the way I tried your beta campaign and enjoyed that too but for some reason I have crashed twice before completion. Will give it another go and report back.

Best regards

Anthony

Thanks for all the replies folks, much appreciated.

I'll take a look at the bot that's shooting through the wall, just needs moving a bit.

I think that we are about done with this one unless anyone here has anything to add I will get this released, it probably won't be until next week though as I'm busy making a map for a clan that asked me to do it for them sometime ago but never got round to it. :whistle:

Cheers,

John

Is here a function that mails me if a new thread / new map is ready 4 beta?

Sure, Just click the "Watch Forum" button (which is at the top of every sub-forum)

Same as you can use the Watch this topic button at the top of every thread to be alerted to all updates in a specific thread

Sure, Just click the "Watch Forum" button (which is at the top of every sub-forum)

Same as you can use the Watch this topic button at the top of every thread to be alerted to all updates in a specific thread

Hi. Thanks, "Watch this topic" ... so obvious ... :rolleyes:

{OZ*EDIT} Nice website. :thumbsup:

What a stunning mission.

I like the placement of the AI and the new map design. Did you do thhis mapdesign by yourself?

One year ago you said you arent able to do new maps.

We played the mission with Brettzies 3.02 on a gameserver, not dedicated. We had few crashes.

The errors occured while picking up a weapon, so i think the crashes are up to the Weapon-mod.

Thought we test it with mod, because the common way were tested successfully.

Fri Feb 11 21:27:05 2011

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: stance_block in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Feb 11 21:11:38 2011

data\lib\units\types\gear\gear.dsf(-1): cant find member: name in type <number>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

KICK ASS MISSION !!!

Thanks a lot!

Regards

*OutlawZ

Ares

Did you do thhis mapdesign by yourself?

One year ago you said you arent able to do new maps.

Yeah, I've been making my own maps for quite sometime now, every new co-op mission that I do comes with a brand new map built from the ground up, that's why I take longer to get them out these days.

The crashes you had are quite common when using a weapon mod, it's best not to pick up any weapons when using these mods as I don't think there is a fix for it.

Hi John.

We was able to try this map as well. It was a bit laggy on my client but still good to play (hard, night, no extra missions).

We did the battery first and came to the suppy in the basement.

I put C4 on A and Erika put C4 on B.

She hit X and crashed:

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

20 seconds later I hit X and crashed as well:

C STACK:

Then it was to late for us for a restart but I hope tomorrow we can try it again (will go with day time)

.....but it#s as alway, a fantastic one.

Kaapo

John,

hard, no extra missions, using same route and objectives (battery+supply) and same crash again

I put C4 on B and Erika put C4 on A (what I wrote last time was wrong:."I put C4 on A and Erika put C4 on B")

She hit X (for supply A) and crashed:

C STACK:

5 seconds later I hit X (for supply B)and crashed as well:

C STACK:

Then our dedicated LAN server wait almost a minute and load the map again.

Has anybody a idea how I can set the wait time before loading a new map?

If the server could stay 2 minutes without clients we will able to restart GRAW2 and connect again!

Did nobody else had the same crash?

We use no weapon mod at all which means GRAW2 is clean.

Clients custom folder has only this map and your latest campaign map.

Servers custom folder contains no other maps.

Our equipment hasn't changed as well:

Dedicated LAN-only server: 1.6Ghz Centrino M

Client 1: E6750@2800+HD4870/512+4GB - 22" 1400x1050

Client 2: E4400@2400+HD3780/512+4GB - 20" 1280x800