The Cartel Campaign

JohnTC02

Hi Folks,

Thought it was time I dusted the cobwebs of this old forum and post something for you to test. :)

Been a while since I've done any GR:AW2 modding so apologies if there are any silly mistakes, as promised I will get this campaign finished, there are two more missions after this one to complete the Cartel campaign.

Once this is finished I hope to make some more co-op missions but I won't be turning them out as fast as I used to nor will they be so big or contain all the new features they used to as I just don't have the time plus I want to continue modding GR.

Anyway, here is the next mission:

Mission 06: Gunrunner is ready for testing.

This is a conversion of the co-op version of Gunrunner where the map has been reduced in size and some objectives have been removed to make it more campaign friendly.

A usual I have used the new ammo boxes to resupply, there are a few of these dotted around the map.

Important:

Please delete any other bundle from your custom_levels folder with the name campaign_cartel_v#.#.

Have fun,

John

Download:

Mission 06: Gunrunner(V1.6).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mission 07: Operation Sinaloa is ready for testing.

This is a conversion of the co-op version of Operation Sinaloa where the map has been reduced in size and some objectives have been removed to make it more campaign friendly.

A usual I have used the new ammo boxes to resupply, there are a few of these dotted around the map.

This mission is a bit easier than Gunrunner, in fact it has a touch of the GR feel to it. :shifty:

Important:

Please delete any other bundle from your custom_levels folder with the name campaign_cartel_v#.#.

Cheers,

John

Download:

Mission 07: Operation Sinaloa(v1.7).

John,

Gunrunner was a great map. We enjoyed it. No technical problems noted, except when we first played it would take about 10 seconds for an AI to die after shooting them. They would still kill me however. The person hosting the game did not see this so it may have just been lag. My ping to his server was under 100 though. When we switched and I hosted it went away. We really liked the vehicles that came driving in, more of them is always welcomed. I never saw any of the ammo boxes, but will keep an eye out for them next play through. We will be playing the new one, hopefully tonight. Thanks for the maps!

TGZ Puck

Hey John,

I ran throught mission 7 and had no troubles whatsoever. I lost all my men, Lol! The resupplies work just fine. I had that wierd thing happen again where some mysterious shooter took out a lot of the enemy AI for me. That must happen when you are playing "solo" because it happened after I lost my guys. I blew the door to Sanchez's hideout and my "helper" took Sanchez out for me. Wierd.

At any rate the mission ran flawlessly. Nice Job and can't wait for mission 8.

Cheers,

Rahn

Howdy,

Played alone without issues, great adaptation. thumbsup.gif

I did not experience the mysterious helper that Rahnman refers, but i didn't lost all my AI partners (after loss two I left behind and hidden the last). BTW resupply crates works nicely even with the Rahnman weapons mod (4.01), only that (if Rahnman is reading this) it completes the clips but not the bullets in the current clip, not a problem anyway, only have to remember to reload before resupply smile.gif.

Nice job, John.

EDIT. I mean Gunrunner mission, so will try Sinaloa and see if the mysterious helper appears.

Edited by RickDekkard

Yeah, the resupply issue was one of the bugs that I'm hoping got fixed.

Rahn

Is not an issue at all, only remember to reload before ressuply and that's it. Man love those flashlights (see following pics), in a future version if you want me happy wink.gif, please include a secondary (G36 or Sig552) with flashlight, supressor and a scope (as I can select in campaing mode). Anyway I enjoy to use your weapons mod (especially after Jody's Game Selector).

Well, returning to the topic, played Sinaloa without problems:

Yuhuuu (climbing to the transmiter)

2011081300003.jpg

John, I believe that guy spawned there while I was hidding in the building (near alcohol target, map position below):

2011081300006.jpg

2011081300007.jpg

As I said, love these flashlights:

2011081300010.jpg

Mission Accomplished:

2011081300013.jpg

Done with 167 kills (2 by my AI team mates).

Sorry Rahnman, wasn't able to check the mysterious helper, as this time kept my AI buddies alive. A bit easier than the previous mission but still had fun playing it. Nice job John, this is the mother of all campaings, lol.

Regards.

Edited by RickDekkard

Thanks for testing folks. :thumbsup:

Rahn, I don't know why you are having your mysterious shooter, never seen this before in any campaign mission, you must have some supernatural force helping you out. :o=

To get your full load-out when using the resupply boxes or the mule you need to reload before using them, this is normal and was the same with the stock campaign and weapons.

Rick, I'll take a look at the bot that spawned in the building, that mission was a bit easier than the previous one, I like to vary the missions to make it more interesting.

I'm currently working on the final mission #8, hopefully I will post it up over the weekend or early next week. :shifty:

Cheers,

John

Welcome to the forums Candy. :thumbsup:

I use the most popular file hosting site, we have never had any problems with mediafire in the past, in fact you are the first person that has mentioned this.

If you look on our downloads system most of the files there are uploaded to mediafire plus those that aren't are slowly being moved over to mediafire.

John

Sorry folks but it looks like mission 8 will have to be scrapped. :(

The last campaign mission in this series was going to be from the last coop mission in the cartel series, the mission Salazar was built using GR:AW buildings converted to GR:AW2 but it turns out that these buildings are not compatible with custom campaigns.

There are so many GR:AW buildings on this map that it would be impossible to change them as they are all part of the objectives.

I didn't notice this until testing the completed mission, all works fine until you try to load a save game, when you try and walk facing the center of the map it crashes with an access violation.

There is one coop mission in the cartel series that I didn't convert, Operation Herrera is a very big map so I didn't think it would make a good campaign mission, however this would make a good last mission for this campaign if I can rework the map and the storyline.

I will take a look at this mission and let you know how things progress but it will be a week or longer before I will get this ready as there is a lot of work.

Hello John,

great to see you working again :)

We had no problems downloading from Mediafire yesterday. The only problem we had was that Tank which killed us at the Gunrunner mission. We was almost done and i said "it is a little bit silent in this are, keep watching for Johns snipers".....and.....a tank came around the corner and one shot was enough to kill all of us :wall:

We will try it again today. Anyway, until now it is a great campaign mission. Only Erika said she has to use too much C4 in the bunker, almost every door!? I was upstairs to cover so I don't know if it make sense to use C4 on all doors.

Anyway, this campaign makes really fun!

Thank you John :thumbsup:

We did Gunrunner mission again and this time successfully!

Everything was great, no graphic problems and almost no lags (just one very short time).

Just one amazing thing at the extraction:

We reached the with smoke marked extraction area but the green marker shows still 79 meter :o

Gunr1.jpg

Gunr2.jpg

but the script ran normal. We walked to the smoke and finished the mission

We can try the next mission not before next Friday.........the weather is going better and the bike want to be on the road :yes:

Thank you for the great mission John!

Erika and I enjoyed it very much :D

Hi kaapo,

Thanks for the feedback, the waypoint marker at the extraction is still set as it was in the coop version, the campaign maps are reduced in size to make them more campaign friendly, looks like I forgot to set the new coordinates for the extract marker, easy fix though. :wall:

I have found a fix for mission #8 (Operation Salazar), after a few hours of trial and error it turned out to be just one building that was causing the game to crash, after replacing it with a different one all seems ok so we are back in business. :)

This is the final mission in the Cartel campaign, 08: Operation Salazar is ready for testing.

This is a conversion of the co-op version of Operation Salazar where the map has been reduced in size and some objectives have been removed to make it more campaign friendly.

As usual I have used the new ammo boxes to resupply, there are a few of these dotted around the map plus there is a mule drop at the start of the mission which you can also use to resupply.

Important:

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

Download:

Mission 08: Operation Salazar(v1.8).

Great John!

Still have not finished (a bit long for a single player in one session, but nice for a team), and I found no major issues so far.

The only thing I found is that some AIs got their patrol trajectory blocked by objects, but don't know if it have some workaround.

Blocked by a ramp, at start:

2011081600002x.jpg

Near by there is an invisible wall that force you to go round it (same happen in coop version):

2011081600003.jpg

2011081600004.jpg

Other guy blocked by the truck trailer (the dead one):

2011081600005.jpg

Other two bots blocked by the ammo crate and a pillar (tagged, nearby the depot objective):

2011081600008.jpg

2011081600009.jpg

I know it may require hard work, but what about to include a objective (removing one of the current secondary), of blow out the helicopter on the elevated heli pad to avoid the boss escape? wink.gif

2011081600011.jpg

Any case another great campaign mission mate. Need a rest, then will load the savegame and finish it. 2gun.gif

Good job! thumbsup.gif

Regards.

EDIT. Was a bit hard to finish it, because don't know why every time I loaded the savegame, all AIs on the map (and new spawned later too) know my exact position shouting that have located me, and the open fire at first sight. Well, good job mate, I only miss the havoc when climbing to the HQ, but nice finish.

Edited by RickDekkard

Accomplished Operation Sinaloa yesterday without realizing any problems or issues.

Framerate was some times almost critical with my slower client but still good to go.

We missed 5-7 more AI's in front of the transmitter.

Also a handful AI's at the Silo area should be welcome.

Everything else was fine :D

Thank you John for the great campaign mission. Like always, :yes: good job

Kaapo (Erika&Klaus)

John,

Played Salazar last night with 3 other people and it was a great map. Only one problem to note. At the top of the parking garage there was an objective titled "Narcotics". It was exactly where the vehicle was sitting but no option to plant C4 when approached. So we did what any reasonable soldier would do. We blew the vehicle into the air. The narcotics objective tag was still there. We skipped it and went back down. There was another Narcotics on the lower level with it's own seperate objective tag. When we blew it the one up top disappeared also. Thanks for the map....

TGZ Puck

Thanks for testing the mission. :thumbsup:

Rick, the invisible barrier in your pic is a known problem with that building, for some reason in the conversion from GR:AW to GR:AW2 something is causing the problem you mentioned, these buildings are from the mod that Bogie made, he converted several buildings/props to GR:AW2 and he did mention this issue in the readme so I don't think there is anything we can do to fix it.

I wanted to use the heli-pad as an objective in the coop version but unfortunately there is a door at the top which I can not remove or open so it's only use is for eye candy.

I'll take a look at the bots that got themselves stuck but I think it's just the AI doing what it does best.

Puck, the waypoint marker is just there to guide you to that building, once you are inside three other waypoints will appear showing you the objectives in the car park, I didn't want to have them all on the screen from the start as it would make the screen very cluttered.

Candy, as these campaign missions are still in the beta stage it's not yet ready for release, you can only install one mission at a time plus all the downloads are password protected.

Your best bet is to wait until the campaign is finished, all the missions will then be compiled into one campaign and added to our download section.

If need be I can then add a filefront mirror so you can download the campaign. :)

Candy, as these campaign missions are still in the beta stage it's not yet ready for release, you can only install one mission at a time plus all the downloads are password protected.

Your best bet is to wait until the campaign is finished, all the missions will then be compiled into one campaign and added to our download section.

If need be I can then add a filefront mirror so you can download the campaign. :)

That'll be good enough for me.

By the way, will you take trouble to check out whether the Operation Storm campaign file at filefront is broken? It doesn't unzip. PM'd Rpghard but no reply yet.

Hi John,

fantastic! No issues at all! At least we found none.

I think it's very good balanced and it makes more fun since not all patrols do rush to you when a trigger was activated.

Before it was like when a trigger was activated you get into a corner and wait for shooting like hell.

Now you get into a corner and don't know what is going on.......rush or no rush?

You need and you are more carefully when you get out of the corner again :-)

I know, you do that "no rushing" since a while ago but we just realized again how good and more realistic it is.

Thanks for this great campaign mission again.

It's a fantastic last mission in that campaign.

Greetings from Erika & Klaus