Ghost Recon Classic and Windows 7

Milgeek

Hello guys, I just noticed that STEAM is selling all teh [Ghost Recon] series at a rediculously low price - and now that my old CDs are scratched to buggery I thought I might like to buy teh games from STEAM...BUT....

STEAM warns potencial buyers that Ghost Recon's are "Windows® 2000/XP (only)" :(

Anyone with Windows 7 who has bought from STEAM - do they work OK or is [GR] now dead to me now that I am on Win7?

Milgeek

PS - I should add that I know this has been kinda handled in the forum FAQs and it does agree with STEAM that "Windows® 2000/XP (only)" - HOWEVER, I - and others I suspect - have found that Windows 7 seems to be better at playing old Windows games than VISTA was. Which is why I ask.

Edited by Pave Low
Thread moved to GR tech support forum

as has been posted in several threads before, GR runs perfectly fine under Windows 7 :thumbsup:

Unfortunately though, you are too late for the Steam sale of GR/DS/IT for £3 or the complete pack at £7.49 as that was a special only for 24 hours

they are back to being only 25% off until 2nd of Jan (so it's now £22.49 for the complete pack and after 2nd of Jan will be back to £29.99)

Many thanks - and sorry I didn't come across the prior threads discussing this (I did a search but I probably spelt WINDOWS wrong! LMAO)

-- Isn't it amazing that after all ths time we are still intent on running the original game...I guess I'll be back asking the same question for Windows 8! LOL ;)

Thanks again.

Milgeek

I just installed Win7 recently from the Gold Edition disk (which by the way has the wrong installation instructions for the expansion packs), and it ran perfect without any need for compat. modes or anything like that.

some are tempermental though, my laptop just wouldnt run it unless in compat mode.

I'm a very happy man - just finished downloading GR/DS/IT from STEAM and sparked them up and they work fine! :)

Just have to sort out my controls again for my Nostromo N52 and I'm away! - I guess the only thing I have to figure out is how to add mod to my STEAM version of the games - I'm presuming STEAM keeps the usual Ghost Recon directory and mod folder in the usual place! LOL

;)

M