Operation Chalco

JohnTC02

Operation Chalco v1 is now ready for beta testing.

This map is built on a clean version of the Forest v4 map originally made by TanAtos B52, XdxXdy & Sg.Nly P@po so thanks goes to them for the use of their landscape.

There are no havoc's in the mission due to an invisible barrier around the map they were able to shoot through the barrier but players cannot shoot back giving them a unfair advantage not to mention being very frustrating, after much testing with them in the alpha version we decided to remove them.

Something new:

I have developed a new kind of mine for this mission, you will be unable to detonate the mines by using a grenade or GL but shooting them will still detonate them as normal, just a little something to make the mines a bit harder.

Includes the usual single/multiplayer switch:

Along with the normal adaptive mission and the multiplayer switch you can now play my latest missions as a team using the single player version, you will see another switch at the initial spawn point which is marked "Single Player Override Switch Teams Only".

If you have more than one player on the map then use this switch to activate single player mode, you MUST activate the switch within 15 seconds of spawning or the first wave of AI will be in multiplayer mode but all other triggers will be in single player mode. I couldn't delay spawning the extra AI any more than 15 seconds or you will see them spawn.

Only turn one switch on at a time or they will cancel each other out so you will be back to where you started.

Map name for dedicated servers:

coop_tc02_operation_chalco_v1

Thanks for testing and I hope you like the mission,

John

Download:

Operation Chalco v1.

Hi John.

Just found the new beta. I loaded it and gave the link to my mates.

Think we will give it a test at thursday evening if they all are back homefrom their x-mas parties at work.

Report will follow as allways :D

so long

porter

EDIT: i tried it several times - but my completely game crashes after i put the beta in its custom folder.

First it crashes my whole pc - Blue Screen, etc...

After reboot i started the game and then "only" the game crashes to desktop.

Heres the error:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Error in archive settings\game_info.xml

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\menumanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\genericstatemanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\genericstatemanager.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I tried to put the physx-settings on its lowest profile - nothing.

I deleted al other maps in the custom folder - nothing

the most problem in this is: i cant ran anymor the multiplayerpart.

once i klicked multiplayer - te game crashes with the same error shown above...

I found the game_info.xml - but its completly empty...

any help?

Hi Porter,

I have downloaded the file from my own link in post #1 to make sure the file wasn't corrupted during upload, installed the map and it all works fine here.

I'm thinking it's a problem at your end as I have never seen a map/mission bundle causing the blue screen of death, there's always the first time for anything though.

Has anyone else had any problems running v1 of this mission.

John

Ok - we just played the map again...

This time without any problems.

I think the crash was made by my pc and not the map.

After i put a new xml into my settings-folder all works fine.

Now on with the map report..

We found no lacks - all works fine.

Some snipers were best hidden - took all our feelings to find out their they hide ;)

We need more physx effects :)

All went well. Have played through a few times on single and multi. :o=:o=

There are no bundle problems, as I downloaded it the minute it was released and played it through. :yes:

Smooth as a baby's bum, got through with 1 death amazingly enough. :party:

No porterslug, more effects = more crashes...lol :no:

Thanks to the following =GSA= for testing : Triplex, Marthan, Marlize, JarredP, Daro48

Great map John, loving this and grenada a lot. I love small maps. :thumbsup:

Erika and me complete it as well without any problems. Nice small map with good placed AI. (special the snipers). No need of more effects because as BrettP said already. We like both, small and big maps but one of our top favorites is the biggest map called harrylee (1600-2056 AIs), even if it isn't from you .

But again, a nice mission! Good work :yes:

We wish you and all other Gosts Happy Holidays!!

Thanks for all the great missions!

Kaapo (Klaus&Erika or better Erika&Klaus)

I tell ya, this is one of the FUNNEST levels... something about the pacing and timing of the counter charges; intensity and difficulty without being tedious.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to finish due to server crashes. Once again, we were playing client-server matches.

The first crash happened after clearing the Hummram and pushing our way back into the village.

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member:

clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

The second crash happened when, as my partner worked Humramm, I flanked very wide back to the start zone and pushed into the village:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member:

clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

Hi John,

I played today alone in lonewolf mode and i have to tell you this: I played with a PLEASURE!. I didn't have this weird feeling "omg i have to finish this map", all was perfect made. For the first time since couple of months, I've got this nice feeling "omg I can win this xDDD", and after end, I was happy like a child :D, because what wrong is in possibility of win ( I mean 0 deaths)? Definitely this map is an enemy of the stress and unhealthy behaviours during the game.

It was realy pleasure to test it.

I haven't found anything wrong, and i think more or less118 enemies in this mode is enought number.

Merry Christmas,

Daro.

Hi John,

I played today alone in lonewolf mode and i have to tell you this: I played with a PLEASURE!. I didn't have this weird feeling "omg i have to finish this map", all was perfect made. For the first time since couple of months, I've got this nice feeling "omg I can win this xDDD", and after end, I was happy like a child :D, because what wrong is in possibility of win ( I mean 0 deaths)? Definitely this map is an enemy of the stress and unhealthy behaviours during the game.

It was realy pleasure to test it.

I have nothing more to add in multiplayer mode (maybe beside I've lost once :( but i think for me with more or less than 233 enemies was quite good :alien: ) .

I think it will be my one of the favourites maps and i woild like to thank you for that :notworthy:

Once again "the great architect" did verry good job.

Cheers,

Daro.

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Apart from Sightreader it seems like this one is almost done.

I can't understand why you always seem to have these crash issues with my missions Sightreader, everyone else seems to report the mission as being quite stable, I'm just wondering if your host PC is having problems running the maps.

Anyway, my next map/mission is progressing well, this is quite a complex mission to script (taking a while to get the coding right) and will have a new feature that has not been seen before. :ph34r:

:thumbsup:

John

Hi mates.

At first we had a bad start. The server just let in 1 player.

After restart all PCs, except the server, we could join.

Guess it is a network problem.

We had no crashes or any problems.

There is just one thing we would name:

We were @ the extraction zone as the door blowed and the helis arrived. It should be avoided to be there before the incoming helis. We were able to shot the AI out of the heli. That was to easy after that hard map.

All in all we had a hard session. We didnt expect that mean placed snipers. A lot of agression and adrenaline was given from the start to the end. Well done!

Moreover its an great idea to "remove" old triggers. This will stabilize the game.

Regards

OZ*Ares

EDIT: We couldnt play "coop_bogie_village_Day_v2". I had to remove the beta map from my custom levels folder and from the server to make that playable.

Just to be sure, i put your beta map back into my custom_levels folder and tried to join our server. Again it didnt work.

Is there a way how u can avoid this?

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\utils\worldunits.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Hi Ares

Just tried Bogie's Village map here and had the same problem, I'll take a look at both bundles to see if there are any conflicts, it seems a bit odd though as I normally make sure all the file names are unique, I must have missed one somewhere.

It's possible that the trees are causing the issue as these are not standard and are used on both maps.

Thanks for testing Jody, pleased you like the mission.

Cheers,

John

Ok, here is v1.1

Turns out there was a conflict with the name of the landscape and the wooden bridge, both of which are common to both maps.

There are no other changes to this version but I wondered if those that are having the same problem as Ares may like to try v1.1 along with Bogie's Village map to make sure all is well.

Please make sure you delete any older versions in your custom_levels folder including any alpha versions.

Thanks all,

John

Download:

Operation Chalco v1.1.

I can't understand why you always seem to have these crash issues with my missions Sightreader, everyone else seems to report the mission as being quite stable, I'm just wondering if your host PC is having problems running the maps.

Well, we're probably the only people that play this with a client-server: that is, a server who is also playing. I don't know for sure...

Hi! Happy New Year! :thumbsup:

We just played version 1_1 and didnt had any problems. All worked fine for us. No crashes, no "laggs" (because of the remove feature?), just a perfect match.

Moreover we checked this version with "village", "bogie_village" on the same server. Works fine. We could change map to ceach other and play both maps without crash.

The amount of AI, placement of mines and the design is awesome.

Love this map. I personally like maps which are possible to win.

Thanks a lot!

Regards Ares

We played V1.1 as well and like before we have not seen any problems.

It's a wonderful map/mission! :thumbsup:

@sightreader

I remember that we had also much crashes in the past using server and client but server itself played as well.

Since we use a old laptop board with a 1.6Ghz Centrino M, 8 GB CF card hard drive as dedicated server, we have no problems anymore.

This means a slow CPU and a old graphic adapter is enough for a dedicated server.

Even if a client is crashing, the client has the possibility to come back into the actual game.

And the server did never crashed except of an code error of the mission itself.

Cheers,

Klaus&Erika