Tension Rising on The Korean Pennisula

BS PALADIN

this is just barmy beyond recognition, first conflict starts in georgia in 2008 now its almost 2011 and conflict is arising in Korea it'll be absolutely hilarious if mexico threatened against a new treaty in 2013 :P

anyway, i think it is just so sad that they cannot get along, why do they insist on war to settle the problems? it kinda makes me sad.

mind you having said that, the PS2 and gamecube version of GR2 (i think) is set in 2007 so it is only the Xbox version that really makes sense.

but i honestly think, for our sakes, the US and British army and anyone else who is our ally at the moment, should keep their noses out of koreas buisiness, or it'll get messier than afghanistan.

Edited by zeealice

knowledge is power, and if these idiots in charge of the country dont realise that then they will wipe eachother clean off the map because of something as stupid as their own greed, Sir Alan Sugar is a powerful man, he did it through business, not violence, the countries currently involved need to sit down and talk before trying to kill eachother next time! you dont start a war with the power stations for your home power, you pay them for the power. david cameron (as far as i know) didnt kill Gordon Brown for the spot as PM nor did clinton or Obama, it was decided by the Citizens of that country. what makes the situation in korea any different?

knowledge is power, and if these idiots in charge of the country dont realise that then they will wipe eachother clean off the map because of something as stupid as their own greed, Sir Alan Sugar is a powerful man, he did it through business, not violence, the countries currently involved need to sit down and talk before trying to kill eachother next time! you dont start a war with the power stations for your home power, you pay them for the power. david cameron (as far as i know) didnt kill Gordon Brown for the spot as PM nor did clinton or Obama, it was decided by the Citizens of that country. what makes the situation in korea any different?

Not to be a cynic, but somehow when you get to the international level, the emotional maturity of the participants drops down to "early childhood". Between farmers, a stolen pig might provoke a shouting match. Between countries, its started wars. What does that tell you about the participants in either case?

And so again, people are people. It's not the first time this kind of thing has happened.

Don't ask me what the solution is, I don't know. What I do know is, NATO/UN interfering in any way WILL only infuriate the situation further. Want it resolved peacefully eh? Peace is an illusion; when the fighting stops in one place, it just starts in another place. There will always be fighting/wars over stupid ###### driven by greed - people are people.

We have sent the nuclear-powered USS George Washington carrier strike group to join exercises with South Korea so this may Irritate Kim Ill jong off worst.

Exactly. You know how it is, for every action there will always be a reaction.

So the UN might be allies, but that won't change a thing, them getting involved will only infuriate the situation. Call me cold/callous/whatever, but sometimes it's best to walk away and not get involved (as an example (in the unlikely event that I should need to prove interference causes more problems to anyone), think of all the innocents who've got stabbed trying a break up up a fight between two people)

your callous Wytch, :P nah just kidding, i agree with you and petsfed on this, but itwould be good just to get some peace and quiet, without the news exaggerating it and making it even more depressing than it probably is, not to be offensive or anything but still, i dont want to get into detail, i might get told off for my foul language :P

Edited by zeealice

I really hope they can ease the tensions on this. It's a scary and volatile situation. The Korean people don't want or need another war between them and Americans can't afford to commit more troops.

On the flip-side... war could mean the destruction of the North Korean government, could it lead to a unified, free and democratic Korea? Food for thought...