Operation Tabasco

JohnTC02

Operation Tabasco v1 is ready for testing.

With this mission I have taken the Castle map and removed all buildings/props including the castle and built a new map from the clean landscape so I would like to thank Biro for the use of his landscape and custom trees.

There are no hidden objectives in this mission (save you all looking), I am still working on a new way to use these so they will return in a future mission. :ph34r:

As per usual this is an adaptive map, there are respawn points after you complete each objective.

Map name for dedicated servers:

coop_tc02_operation_tabasco_v1

I hope you like this version of the castle landscape and thanks for testing.

:thumbsup:

John

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cc6b6h7av9bc5ax

Well we played through again, and all seems perfect to me. the unsurmountable death toll has reduced slightly with 3 players, so i am happier now, although these buggers are really really quick :lol:

Thanks to =GSA= Daro and =GSA=Triplex for helping out faithfully as always. :thumbsup:

Hello John.

I played today and i couldn't finish because of this:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: setup_grenade_ammo in type <Rpg>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : normal

I didn't took any rpg, I think this happend in the time of spawn one of rpg guys. And the question is where it was.... hmmm I can't remember the trigger but it was after explode the East last objective in start line under the sniper tower. Tomorrow i'll write where exactly. :oops:

At the begin trigger one, one gentelman is trying to push the wall of the house. It is happend all the time i'm plaing. His possition is straight to West from vehicle:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/107121353-4.jpg

That's all for now, Thank you for new map :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Daro

Hello again.

Here are more details:

The crash was in trigger 02A after explosion i was standing to close the building and I died :blink: , after respown i had this crash. It was in explosives objective. But, today, when I played again, all was fine :wacko:, so I have no idea if the reason wasn't at server side :unsure:

The guy trying to push the wall is pawned in start trigger, before trigger one.

I found one place where is hard to get inside. I'm reporting it because in this place are snipers so it's quite important to take cover inside :unsure: .

Here is picture

and here map

That's all for now.

Daro.

Hi John

Played solo on my own LAN server and got through with no problems - that's not to say kill free. Didn't see any AI stuck anywhere in fact quite the reverse they appeared very active and quite formidable. Will try and play again later as a group and feedback any findings.

All in all nothing much to report. Very polished for an early beta - as usual!!

All the best

Anthony

Thanks for testing folks.

Love the medal Cherry, now can I have a real one. :shifty:

Not sure why you had that crash daro, I did wonder if I was using some special forces rpg snipers but they are all of the usual type, as you say it could have been a server side crash.

I thought that I had found all the buildings with the high steps and placed ramps there but as is always the case there is always one that gets missed.

As Anthony mentioned that AI here seem very alert, I now use more special forces AI in my missions as these seem more responsive that the usual mex mercenary.

Many thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Hi John,

we had also no issues and we like the special forces. We wish to have more at the end because the beginng of this mission was hard to play and to the end it was getting linear easier ! But I think this depends on which order the objectives get completed. Spawn points are great!

Thank you John, tonight we will walk into the town and collect for your medal :ph34r:

The crash was in trigger 02A after explosion i was standing to close the building and I died :blink: , after respown i had this crash. It was in explosives objective. But, today, when I played again, all was fine :wacko:, so I have no idea if the reason wasn't at server side :unsure:

Daro.

Hey John, if I remember correctly, there was a 'glass' prop in Biro's map that would crash the server if explosives went off (grenades, 203 or RPG). I noted that you stated you removed all of the [internal] buildings where the glass caused the problem, but you may want to double check.

Hey John,

Yesterday we played this map with a group of 5 players on a dedi, and guess what...

It rocked!!!! :pirate:

No problems at all by any of the players.

And these AI's are really awake now. Excellent!

So another great John map.

Greetzzzz,

BikerBob

(Thx Anthony, [DTA]Samurai, Gocho and Scorpie27 for joining the test yesterday)

Hi Bogie, great to hear from you again, where have you been hiding all this time?

There shouldn't be any props on this map from the original apart from the custom trees and the landscape, what I did was to extract all files and folders from the castle map that were needed just for the landscape and trees, I didn't load the complete map into the editor then delete all the props/buildings.

Doing it that way was easier than deleting the props one by one from within the editor and also ensured nothing was left apart from what I needed.

Thanks for testing BikerBob, I'm pleased that you like the mission and the AI are working as they should, I like the way you include all your team mates that played along side you, it's good to give them credit as well.

Cheers,

John

Hi All,

Operation Tabasco v1_1 is now ready.

Only one change to the map, I have added a step to the building that daro said he couldn't get into.

The main reason for this new version is explained below... :ph34r:

Important Please read: New Feature Added!!!

I have had a couple of requests to make the mission so you can play as a team using the single player version so you will see another switch at the initial spawn point which is marked "Single Player Override Switch Teams Only".

If you have more than one player on the map then use this switch to activate single player mode, you MUST activate the switch within 15 seconds of spawning or the first wave of AI will be in multiplayer mode but all other triggers will be in single player mode. I couldn't delay spawning the extra AI any more than 15 seconds or you will see them spawn.

Only turn one switch on at a time or they will cancel each other out so you will be back to where you started.

I realise this new feature will not be used by the hardcore players but there are some teams that might find it useful, I hope some teams that asked for it can give it a test.

All alpha testers will be familiar with the new feature as it is currently under test in my latest alpha map but I wanted to get as much feedback on this as possible.

Hope you like it,

John

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mx2fy6ay72uw02m

Hey John,

Yesterday we did a testrun on the latest version. I switched the single- and multiplayer switch a couple of times and we could see that it affected the triggers as it should be.

The rest of the map was still as stable as before so the map ran great!

We're ready for the release :thumbsup:

Greetzzzz,

Bob

(Thanks Anthony, Kolibri356, Gocho, Scorpie27, [DTA]Samurai and RickDekkard for joining the testrun!)