Future Soldier pushed back to FY2012

Deosl

• 2 weeks later...

Although im bummed to here this, I hope that they will release it the way it should be. Meaning it will actually feel like a GR title overall. So if it takes them longer to produce a better product that I will enjoy emensely then let them. If they do not come through well, my hopes and dreams will be shattered. :nono:

i hope they keep the deception bit in the demo though

shoot the guy on the gun and hold him up until the guard goes past, i thought that bit was hilarious.

but i think overall on the demo, it did look like ghost recon, very tactical as far as im concerned, i am quite happy with all the tech crap, as i just ignore it.

i hope they keep the deception bit in the demo though

shoot the guy on the gun and hold him up until the guard goes past, i thought that bit was hilarious.

but i think overall on the demo, it did look like ghost recon, very tactical as far as im concerned, i am quite happy with all the tech crap, as i just ignore it.

I agree, the demo was delightful all around and felt like GR. My hope is that they dont get away from GR as a whole and focus to much on the whole "future" part. Even if some "future" things might not be implemented in the military in reality. Making it seem as if it is wouldnt be a bad thing. Only time will tell...

i think that was because it was only a playable demo MeanMF, so they had to use scripting, just to make it playable, i can imagine it will eventually go to a better stage (unscripted campaigns) make it like the opposite timeline of MOH airborne, but at the same time, make it feel a little like airborne, such as you choose were you want to go and what the consequences are. and if you pick a gun up along the line, that is added to the resupply list when you get a resupply drop and ###### like that. i would say no to weapon upgrades, weapon add-ons like silencer and scopes ingame though, yes. the whole GR series drove me nuts not having that option. but that was one of very few things i didnt like about GR.

i think that was because it was only a playable demo MeanMF, so they had to use scripting, just to make it playable, i can imagine it will eventually go to a better stage (unscripted campaigns)

I'm just describing what I saw in the demo, which was very linear and very scripted. I can imagine a lot of things, but they weren't in what we saw at E3.

fair enough

it did look rather scripted admittedly, the movements of the enemy were very, static, they didnt seem to move or notice anything perculiar like gunshots from the MR-Bs sure they are quiet but not that quiet, or the flickering of the cloak or the fact that their machine gunner had a giant ######ing hole in his face and the patrol officer paid no attention, yeah sure i loved that bit, but if the soldier had any sense he would be a little more observant.

Scripted enemy movements are certainly annoying, but I'm more worried about the action itself. This really killed the recent Medal of Honor game - you're basically forced through a series of events with cutscenes, scripted events, and dialog interspersed throughout. It completely takes you out of the action - it's like watching a movie. You have no control over what you're doing. Yes you can aim and maybe pick between a couple of different cover points or corridors, but you can't be creative and you have to stick to the script of the game. It's a lazy way of designing a game, and I hope they find a way to avoid it.

What's the chances of that, given Ubi's track record? I mean come on, let's think about this realistically. Wait, hang on a sec, the words "Ubi" and "realistic" should never be present in the same paragraph. I r blasphemy.

haha Your right...I may not make the most intelligent comments or points, but I can have hope cant I? Its about all I can hold on to at this point. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Yup, no mention anywhere of the PC version so far. <_<

Why we have had no info on why this game keeps getting pushed back is a shame. A lot of people keep asking in various places, with the same old answers.

2 things I keep wondering. Little off topic, but still.

1: They simply do not have enough talented developers to produce anything challenging above a 2 player game.

2: They have very talented developers that are being forced to produce this type of game.

What is really the future of the ghost recon soldier?

FY = Fiscal Year. Ubisoft's 2011/2012 fiscal year runs from April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012. Q4 = quarter 4, or the last three months of their fiscal year which would be January-March 2012.

CY = Calendar year - what you would normally think of as a year (January-December). Q1 = quarter 1, so January-March.

Thanks MeanMF..

Relesed for GRFS is FY11/12? I would a year Q1 2011?

I am 4 year played the GRAW1/2, I stop player xbox live about 2 year, Sometime player Cod and Get new my ps3 but no games lol.. Much Long time relesed year that new GRFS. I hate evey new cod..lol

Edited by X-DARTH-SINGH-X

• 3 weeks later...