Remembrance Day In London

Dick Splash

oh i see so we have to respect those ###### wishes but we arent allowed to remember armastice day? ARGH those ###### make my blood boil! :angry:

i just need to remeber that those people were extremists and not all muslims are like that

:rant:

to those stupid ###### who do such a thing:

you know were the airport is! unless youve already bombed it you extremist ######!

Edited by zeealice

sorry DS, i just really get ###### off when people do not respect the country they are allowed into.

it was the same when the Gurkhas were told they werent allowed to live in this country when they damn well deserved to, yet those extremist ###### are allowed in? i was swearing at the TV and ranting and raving about it, even protesting to a stage, thats why Johanna Lumley is my hero.

anyway, i'm pretty calm now, but it is still wrong what they did.

what about the double protest in london about university, it's a double protest because the police were protesting too just read a few articles and you will realise that the police were saying "well that's what you get for cutting our jobs"

that was hilarious and to be quite honest i dont blame the students for Rioting.

Edited by zeealice

Not that long ago a british student was in court for relieving himself while drunk, at a memorial. He was sentenced to community service and costs.

Meanwhile a Muslim who desecrates a memorial, with religious incitement, and a threat against the prime minister escapes any sort of punishment other than a condition discharge and costs!

Barmy.

Careful what you write guys an girls, some-one might take offence. What with the 'politically correct' rubbish and all. :rolleyes:

@Custard, yeah man, medieval style capital punishment should be brought back. We certainly wouldn't have as many problems then. Soft touch UK (that sides with the criminal and not the victim) for the loss.

Careful what you write guys an girls, some-one might take offence. What with the 'politically correct' rubbish and all. :rolleyes:

@Custard, yeah man, medieval style capital punishment should be brought back. We certainly wouldn't have as many problems then. Soft touch UK (that sides with the criminal and not the victim) for the loss.

i'll take your word for that one WytchDokta. or maybe make the criminal suffer the crimes they have commited (like a person who petrol bombs a helpless persons house with them in it, make them sit in their house helplessly as their house and everything valuable to them is burned by petrol bombs, muderers getting murdered exactly the same way.)

i hope you understood that.

i'll take your word for that one WytchDokta.

All I'm saying is, the medieval punishment system worked as an effective deterrent to crime, the modern 'soft touch' punishment system does not work. Fair enough it was extremely brutal, but criminals were punished accordingly, none of this slap on the wrist rubbish. On occassion the wrong person was mistakenly tried, but in this day and age, DNA will negate such mistakes.

or maybe make the criminal suffer the crimes they have commited (like a person who petrol bombs a helpless persons house with them in it, make them sit in their house helplessly as their house and everything valuable to them is burned by petrol bombs, muderers getting murdered exactly the same way.)

i hope you understood that.

"Do to others as you would do unto yourself." That's what I understand.

("Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another." - Plato)

Edited by WytchDokta

Perhaps I shouldn't have been so flippant, I do think capital punishment should be acceptable for murder but stoning is abhorent to me.

Some aspects of Sharia punishments don't upset me so much and I believe in deterrents, how many thieves would there be if the second conviction for theft was the removal of a hand?

Soz for off topic

hhmm i partially agree but i'm too tired to go into politics. so i am just going to say that how many workers would there be if all theives had their hand removed for such a crime i mean yes to large robberies but no to a petty robbery like an apple or something dumb like that.

Although Remembrance Sunday is this weekend, Remembrance Day is always of course, the 11th of November. Yesterday, Muslim protesters tried to interrupt the two minute silence near Hyde Park in London. Not content with that, they also burned a large poppy.

Daily Telegraph

Poppy Burning

Protest

DS

I'll never understand why people put up with BS like this. In the US, we have the fools from the Westboro Baptist Church who pull equally-idiotic stunts, and somehow .... it's legal. But here in the US, everyone has the right to free speech (no matter how foolish their ideas may be) and in the UK, honestly it seems to me that your government is afraid of offending Muslims. I tend to agree with part of Zeealice's sentiment: if you hate the country that badly, then leave.

your government is afraid of offending Muslims.

The government is a afraid of offending criminals too. Yet it's the opposite for the rest of us, [the government] aren't afraid of us, they want us to be afraid of them. Without getting to political, I have learned that certain, how can we say, 'items', are fabricated through various sources in an attempt to persuade/control the general populace.

Fortunately no incident like this appears to have taken place yesterday morning in the U.K.

It's a pity it takes a current conflict to remind most of us. Check out the Remembrance Sunday link in the military forum to watch the BBC coverage of yesterday's Whitehall ceremony.

DS

Nothing worse than people wrapping themselves in an armor of "rights" and "protections" as they blatantly violate them in the name of some cause or their own twisted sense of equality. You can't do that to me because I'm X and that's a crime! But because I'm X I can do that to you without repercussion!

We're dealing with the Westboro Baptist Church nonsense right now (as Para mentioned) and I'm almost afraid of how that will turn out. I'm so torn on the issue I don't know what to think. It's scary. And I know once a decision is made and the long arm of the law starts acting (or not) we'll feel the heat.

I am happy to say my meal at Applebees on the 11th was pretty outstanding, and free. :) Just like America! Woo!

Nothing worse than people wrapping themselves in an armor of "rights" and "protections" as they blatantly violate them in the name of some cause or their own twisted sense of equality. You can't do that to me because I'm X and that's a crime! But because I'm X I can do that to you without repercussion!

We're dealing with the Westboro Baptist Church nonsense right now (as Para mentioned) and I'm almost afraid of how that will turn out. I'm so torn on the issue I don't know what to think. It's scary. And I know once a decision is made and the long arm of the law starts acting (or not) we'll feel the heat.

I am happy to say my meal at Applebees on the 11th was pretty outstanding, and free. :) Just like America! Woo!

Speaking of those WBC fools, did you happen to read about the recent incident where they tried to protest a funeral, were turned away by protesters, and then returned to their van to find two tires slashed? The best part is that no one in town would help them. They had to drive way out to a WalMart or something to get their van fixed. I don't normally advocate destroying people's property, but in the case of these WBC fools, I think it's great.

all i can say is religion is a bit twisted these days.

anti abortionists killing those who have abortions, when it says in the bible not to murder. technically an abortion isnt killing because the baby technically isnt alive.

whats wrong with just leaving people alone to remember those lost at war, or those who want an abortion or those who want to drive away in a van without their tires slashed because of somw WBC ###### being just that.