CoD 7: Black Ops - Player Feedback

Halli~SPARTA~

Played some S&D, not bad overall, nice choice of maps to rotate.

Playing with noobs with this crappy matchmaking system though. :wall: S&D with no respawns, you would expect a little teamwork. I swear at least 3 times earlier, the whole team ran off in different directions leaving me to look at the bomb we are suppose to pick up. Duh..

The training mode with AI. How is it I have massive lag playing this, but no lag in a full room of real players? Something not right there. lol @ adding your freinds list to the AI names in training. Caught me out first game. even typed in the chat hello.

Haha Hi opps Ai.... :blink:

I played on some Crouch only Hardcore today and had a great time I think if it was a server full of guys that know each other it will be great

Great as in Like CoD4 not GR or ArmA2 but the most important thing is to play on a server that has Nice ping and an Active Admin.

KRambo has a temp fix for lag stuff but I am loath to post link cos it's on the sweariest forum on planet

I also miss crouch Friday

Krambo

potential fix...

First, load into a server, once its up and your in game, push TILDE ( ~ ) and type /stoprecord in the console. push enter.

Next, for whatever reason this fixes 95% of everything for me once done, go into your sound settings, go to Sound Device, and cycle it

for example: for me, it starts off on Speakers (Realtek HiFi Speakers) -> HD Sound (RealTek HDMI Sound) -> RealTek HiTek Audio -> Speakers (RealTek hiFi Speakers)

cycle through to the one you started on and CLICK APPLY.

once this is done, all of my stuttering is gone and the game runs ALMOST as smooth as MW2 does.

I believe that when the game gos to adjust the settings it actually turns off the record function during this time, so other changes may work as well, havnt tested.

Now, you NEED to do this every map change, but its a small price to pay for a nice work around.

I did the sound thing before hand and it improved it, they stole my idea.

There is a word at end of Mark's post I didn't steal

Sparta has set up an Ranked server for now it is based in Tampa, FL and running a mode called Team Tactical wich rotates thru all modes

except I removed Free for all.

We will set up a non-Ranked server that will give us complete control just like the CoD4 crouch only server we had.

We need a week or so to sort this out before we begin the crouch only but trust me it is comming! :grin2:

Ranked Server Name is:

Legion of SPARTA

11/19/2010

Updates for 11/19/2010

PATCH will be applied TONIGHT 11/19/2010

A new patch will be released tonight in the coming hours. Because this is a client side patch, all servers will need to be patched as well. We will be applying the patch to all servers globally. During this patch application, your server will be restarted once in order for your server to take the update.

Black Ops patch looks to be on schedule for tomorrow!

Browser is still only showing 50% of the results back

Haven't set the server to crouch only yet so the public can rank up a bit but will soon.

EDIT: It Is now set to crouch but Needs some time to get a mature player base.

As for game play I do not get much lag but there are servers that at times have problems, this latest patch was to improve Cpu and server browser performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

one of my friends forced me to buy it on PC and 360, and its okay actually despite the lack of historical accuracy.

i think there was just too much "follow woods" in the first few missions, apart from the one were you have to get out of the prison place with that reznov dude. he was kind of annoying "nooooo!" is all i hear with him and his voice is just so annoying i just want to shoot the ###### every time he shouts "noooo!"

i do like the way the creators have made it so the characters will annoy you into completing the goal :P

i only bought it on friday so i havent completed it.

multiplayer is quite fun actually and i like the way you can customise your characters face paints and whatnot thats kinda cool, and the perks change the way you look, theres one, forgot what it was, that give you a ghillie suit and there the kevlar one or something along those lines, that gives you armour.

overall its kinda fun but the characters in SP are a little annoying.

i think i have been poisoned :P

It seems I'm the only left who is immune to such poison.

Still, if limited customisation options, infinite respawning enemies until player moves to next checkpoint, shooting from the hip while running and still be able hit stuff accurately, 10 bodyshots/3 headshots to one kill, is what floats your boat then so be it. I'll take something much more open with endless customisation options, where I'm rewarded for taking my time to actually aim each shot, something that requires more skill/tact.

It seems I'm the only left who is immune to such poison.

Still, if limited customisation options, infinite respawning enemies until player moves to next checkpoint, shooting from the hip while running and still be able hit stuff accurately, 10 bodyshots/3 headshots to one kill, is what floats your boat then so be it. I'll take something much more open with endless customisation options, where I'm rewarded for taking my time to actually aim each shot, something that requires more skill/tact.

i still use whatever tactics are available, staying behind cover, not rushing it, taking my time, i learn to just put on my ipod and ignore woods shouting at me to do something. it doesnt float my boat at all wytch the gameplay is annoying and all over the place, but infuriatingly addictive :P

gameplay is annoying and all over the place, but infuriatingly addictive :P

I could say the same (minus the annoying gameplay) about other games never/rarely mentioned on these forums. But you know how it is, 'must have' this and 'must have' that. Must we? I'll be the judge, not the critics.

You should be careful using tactics in games where tactics aren't necessary - I keep getting booted from L4D matches for using tactics (I'm not even starting ######/incurring firiendly fire/voice command griefing/melee spamming/running off.) The irony is, when I used to play as part clan (long disbanded) and we used to do Versus matches against each other (with all players set to random team so you don't who will be with you etc), I used to frequently be the last one standing, due to my play style - as a Survivor, the Hunters couldn't get behind me because I'd always have my back to a wall; I'd pick out silhouettes - shapes that shouldn't be there, that's an enemy, just about stands out against the background; from ground level I'd be quick glancing the windows, rooftops and all the other places the Infected players could hide - there we go, the telltale yellow haze/trail of a Smoker up on the roof, can't see how the other guys didn't spot that; I'd watch and listen for certain telltale signs of different types of enemies - the other guys failed to realise that a Hunter always growls ONLY when crouched, if they stood up, the Hunter makes no sound whatsoever. They were also unaware that if there very few/no standard Infected around, it means there is almost certainly a Tank or Witch ahead. I knew these signs. But now when I continue to employ such tact as habit on a quick match with 'random' (for want of better terminology) folk I get booted. I openly refuse to use the shotgun as a sniper rifle while running, evidently they have a problem with that. Or they don't like it when I point out pistols have unlimited ammo when they run out of ammo for their shotgun due to using additional rounds to hit distant targets (that is, 'distant' as in outside of the shotguns' effective range.) Sure, fire enough shots at the target and atleast one shot is gonna hit it right?

Maybe like you I have been poisoned. But a different kind of poisoned - I find it difficult to adapt to this frantic run and gun play style. I refuse to. I prefer to stick to the old, when tactics mattered.

My family had a Christmas day dinner at my sister's where my nephew replayed some Theatre mode MP play for me from his XBox...he showed me some TvT including his spawn to spawn kill with the tomahawk(sp?)...spawn rape sucks but I guess a kill like like that is a different story...I like how you can replay action from both perspectives...

migph34r.gif

oops wrong thread I guess...

WytchDokta, Maybe like you I have been poisoned. But a different kind of poisoned - I find it difficult to adapt to this frantic run and gun play style. I refuse to. I prefer to stick to the old, when tactics mattered.

i got 38 quid for it, not bad considering i payed £8 less it was enough to buy airborne and some older, and better games.

My family had a Christmas day dinner at my sister's where my nephew replayed some Theatre mode MP play for me from his XBox...he showed me some TvT including his spawn to spawn kill with the tomahawk(sp?)...spawn rape sucks but I guess a kill like like that is a different story...I like how you can replay action from both perspectives...

migph34r.gif

oops wrong thread I guess...

I've managed 2 spawn to spawn tomahawk kills which i placed in my fileshare. GL's however are 8 seconds non lethal.

Any news on a new Friday night crouch game yet boys, I would be up for some of that. :thumbsup:

Hi Zebb, With all the new (old) games out on steam and ect folks are playing other games so untill they get tired of LFD2 and Silent Hunter4 no plans have been made

but we still have the server and it has been set to unranked so we can set it up anyway we need.

If you would like to use the server Sparta can give you the rcon password.