what this site should have

zeealice

The concept sounds great, but in reality no one would use it. :no:

Oh, it would get some use in the beginning, but then the newness would wear off and it would only be me hanging out in an empty chat room. BTDT :(

I would like to see sharks with Laser beams coming out of their eyes :)

Seriously though, chat bots also add forum overhead and get used little in this day when you already have xifre, and one thousand other messengers. Get some of the peeps on your messenger friends list.

I did install a chat system about 10 months ago but it broke the forums. I believe the bug has been fixed now and I could install it. I go back a re-visit the issue, but if it breaks the forums again, it'll be your fault. :whistle:

If it doesn't get used it's not an issue, it would be another feature for anyone who did want to use it though.

I did install a chat system about 10 months ago but it broke the forums. I believe the bug has been fixed now and I could install it. I go back a re-visit the issue, but if it breaks the forums again, it'll be your fault. :whistle:

If it doesn't get used it's not an issue, it would be another feature for anyone who did want to use it though.

ooooohh i see if its causing issues, dont risk it, only if you KNOW it will work i wouldnt go there. i'm not trying to save my own ass here i'm just thinking of the inconvenience it would cause if the forums went down again.

• 5 months later...

chat would actually be quite cool, but i can imagine it could get clogged up with all the members online, no?

anyway one thing i want to see around here isn't to do with the forums but, get the "arms" section updated and the downloads section. i'd quite happily research the arms for the "arms" section, i'm always up for boredom busting. i know no-one seems to pay attention to it but with some new additions and information on what GR mod contains said weapons, i can imagine it could make people's lives a bit easier if they are trying to find a mod with that specific weapon in.

yeah, you have raised a really good point. and admins will probably be harrassed non stop for all eternity having like 6billion chat windows up with people going:

"Pave/Zjj/Rocky/JohnTC02/anyone i missed :P, how do you sort this out?/ how do you work this?/ why is it saying "that image extensio..

you get my point.

I think the bigger issue is what zjj pointed out - it's been done before and nobody really used it. you can practically have conversations in real time in a thread in the forums, as it is. one advantage that has over chat is it is persistent, so others can drop in and join the discussion hours, days, weeks, or months later, without having to be online at the same time as you. just a guess about why it wasn't used much before.