Resolution Problems

Garagula

Hey all,

I recently decided to get back into this game, but I'm having problems with my options.xml file. It seems that regardless of what I change in the options, it won't change resolution settings past 680x420 or whatever. This is rather annoying. It also seems to change my other settings sporadically too. I've tried editing it in game, and in the .xml file. I don't know if this helps or not, but the resolution in the xml file are always red (height, width, etc).

Thanks.

Have you tried removing (moving out of the GR folder as backup) the XML file so the game creates a new one on startup? Heard somewhere that this may help but never encountered this problem myself. Also, remember that the menu screens are always at a fixed 640x480 resolution in Ghost Recon - only the resolution during missions/games is affected by the settings. You can actually change resolution while playing a mission, so maybe you should give that a try, too.

I'm having the same problem. I start the game and everything is tiny in the centre of the screen with similar resolution to what you described. Changing settings doesn't help, I've tried editing the options.xml file, I've tried deleting it, and it all stays the same, a tiny screen.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, DV2000 HP Pavilion Laptop. Any suggestion?

First time runnig the game? Seems to be an issue with people after a fresh install, OS, hardware update.

The game will write that options file when starting if there is some issue. Have you tried setting your screen res in the options.xml, then right click it and set to read only?

Also try setting it to windowed mode, and again to your screen res.

May not help, just a few ideas.

Hmm, strange indeed... does the game actually write a changed resolution to the options.xml file? Let's say you manually edit the file to 1024x768, save, launch the game application, and start a mission - does it then write 640x480 to the file? Or does it just ignore the file completely?

I have GR on a Win7 64 bit computer.

The address for the options.xml in my case is:

C:\Users\Don\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon

Trying to change any settings may require permissions for the user under the properties/security tab of the file?

In my case of switching to a new computer with Win7, I never was able to import my old unlocked missions.xml or unlocked_heroes.xmls. Never figured out why.

Just something to consider.