Mercedes, WOW

Rocky

So my BM is in for a respray due to a motorway incident :( but the courtesy car they gave me is a Mercedes E Class Saloon Sport Automatic :o This car is the business!

Totally love the automatic box with comfort and sports settings, paddle shifts on the steering wheel too. Super fast and smooth as ICE. Totally smitten with this thing - it's amazing!

I never thought I'd fancy anything other than BMW, but this is awesome!

This is it...

merc.png

I hope the incident wasn't to serious and no one was hurt. :o

Nice Merc, maybe you should consider changing if you like it that much, I think the newer Mercedes have improved their build quality over what they were producing a few years ago.

You must have a half decent BMW to get a courtesy car like that. :)

It's debadged, but I put the reg into a website and figured out the model. It's a £36K E250 Sport Turbo 204BHP. :o And yeh you are right, this thing is smooth as ice - and it's only a 4 cylinder, amazing.

Totally love the semi-auto box. Going back to manual is going to be a pain!

Hope you didnt get that through a company called "drive assist", I had one off them when we had a bump and had a nightmare with them, they reckoned I did a pile of damage to the car and wanted 450 quid or they'd take me to court, I stood my ground though and after 12 months they dropped it. They've been on watchdog a few times the swines. Nice motor though :D

bet they only took a few minutes to check it before you took it, 2 guys turned up to inspect mine on collection and they took well over 20 minutes, they picked up allsorts of small scratches and one big ding that i'd told the bloke about when i collected it and he assured me it was on the sheet. They also said it was dirty when they picked it up even though I'd taken it through the carwash and hoovered it only a few hours before. Fingers crossed for you mate.

ps If I was you i'd cancel the credit card now and get a new number, its easier to hold onto your money and contest something than try to get it back.

Edited by CrowmanUK

bet they only took a few minutes to check it before you took it, 2 guys turned up to inspect mine on collection and they took well over 20 minutes, they picked up allsorts of small scratches and one big ding that i'd told the bloke about when i collected it and he assured me it was on the sheet. They also said it was dirty when they picked it up even though I'd taken it through the carwash and hoovered it only a few hours before. Fingers crossed for you mate.

ps If I was you i'd cancel the credit card now and get a new number, its easier to hold onto your money and contest something than try to get it back.

Yeh these guys were quite relaxed.

Check this out though. I was driving late on tonight in the pitch black, so I flicked on the mainbeam, the blinking thing had some kind of intelligent sensors and switched off asbi went around sharp bends, whenever a car was approaching and also in built up areas!! Clever stuff !

Plus, the lights were aiming AROUND corners , whichvworked really well

Freaking love this car.

Yeh these guys were quite relaxed.

Check this out though. I was driving late on tonight in the pitch black, so I flicked on the mainbeam, the blinking thing had some kind of intelligent sensors and switched off asbi went around sharp bends, whenever a car was approaching and also in built up areas!! Clever stuff !

Plus, the lights were aiming AROUND corners , whichvworked really well

Freaking love this car.

All the better to destroy humanity with, says Jester, who's watching Terminator Salvation.

seriously, though, had one as a company car in another lifetime and it was *nice*