Rockall

Tinker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Search maps for open ammo boxes to replenish your inventory by using the space bar.

What? One of the most obvious things you COULDN'T do in Ghost Recon, and you've made it possible for Rockall?

SWEET!

Suppressing fire will never have been so tempting to use now!

Thanks for another sneak-peek!

Edited by Kyle_K_ski

• 4 weeks later...

Textures look amazing.

My only point of criticism comes with the shine-reflection on the lenses of the tank: they seem too bright to me. I'd dull them down a bit as if some dust has accumulated on the glass surface, and perhaps break up the "solidness" of the angled reflection-stripe with some undefined shapes within it.

I'm exhausted right now, and my mind is mush, so I'm struggling to generate the words to adequetly convey what I mean. I hope you get the gist of it.

Let me know if you don't.

In any case, the shots are irresistible. Thanks again for your efforts and for sharing!

I don't have any clue what the mission parameters are for the above image with the tank, BUT if the Ghosts are assaulting an area known to have a high concentration of enemy tanks, and I saw a six man squad, and EVERY SINGLE MAN was armed with an explosive can opener, I'd be soiling my undergarments.

Not that I have much experience of that past the age of three years old, mind you. :lol:

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing if your next masterpiece will get me close to living through some of the ickier aspects of being so young.

Any chance of seeing a set of the upcoming USMC's M27's or a set of LWRC's?

M27 no, please! :P

I think IARs are to be used on patrols and CQB, House-to-house, urban warfare, etc, environments.

Anyway, the M27 fires in closed-bolt position, even if it does not overheat, it's still closed bolt :rofl:

The SAWs will remain in use at company level (in fact, there will still be more SAWs than M27s) under commander discretion.

Also, the Army has no plans of aquiring IARs.

I wanna see the respose of the marines on the rifle after some months of use.

About Rockall now.

What's that on the tank? :blink: If I saw that I would run like hell in the other direction :rofl:

The story is very innovative in Ghost Recon (as far as I know), but you know most people don't even read the story (neither the briefings) :o= (this is the reason for a fraction of the "i don't know what to do next" phrases)

7.62x51mm weapons are not to common in the current NATO armies (mainly for DSMs and GPMGs), but anyway Thumper's mod is of highest quality, so I'm not worried. Hmm, but as it's about UN, maybe 762 is more common than I may think. Anyway, AR10A2! ;) The FAL is quite common here, and is in fact produced under license here, but the MDs, chambered in 556x45 are far more common.

I'm eager to see the rest.

Looking forward :rolleyes:

Edited by Operative

Any chance of seeing a set of the upcoming USMC's M27's or a set of LWRC's?

M27 no, please! :P

I think IARs are to be used on patrols and CQB, House-to-house, urban warfare, etc, environments.

Anyway, the M27 fires in closed-bolt position, even if it does not overheat, it's still closed bolt :rofl:

The SAWs will remain in use at company level (in fact, there will still be more SAWs than M27s) under commander discretion.

Also, the Army has no plans of aquiring IARs.

I wanna see the respose of the marines on the rifle after some months of use.

About Rockall now.

What's that on the tank? :blink: If I saw that I would run like hell in the other direction :rofl:

The story is very innovative in Ghost Recon (as far as I know), but you know most people don't even read the story (neither the briefings) :o= (this is the reason for a fraction of the "i don't know what to do next" phrases)

7.62x51mm weapons are not to common in the current NATO armies (mainly for DSMs and GPMGs), but anyway Thumper's mod is of highest quality, so I'm not worried. Hmm, but as it's about UN, maybe 762 is more common than I may think. Anyway, AR10A2! ;) The FAL is quite common here, and is in fact produced under license here, but the MDs, chambered in 556x45 are far more common.

I'm eager to see the rest.

Looking forward :rolleyes:

The mod intro does hint that its set on a fictional island and involves a "Special Reaction Force" that area a fictional force made up of the best of the best from across the world, So i guess they could use any weapons. TBH i think the guys modding this just wanted to breakaway from the norm and do something a bit different with out the real world military constriants,

hats and off to them :whistle:

The mod intro does hint that its set on a fictional island and involves a "Special Reaction Force" that area a fictional force made up of the best of the best from across the world, So i guess they could use any weapons. TBH i think the guys modding this just wanted to breakaway from the norm and do something a bit different with out the real world military constriants,

hats and off to them :whistle:

As I stated, I think 762 may be more common in the UN than I may think. Also, it's a fiction anyway, so the authors are free to use their creative side.

But you know, choosing NATO cartridges is a logistic question, being it .223 or .308

Edited by Operative

• 4 weeks later...

Well not many left playing this old gem, but this mod is still going, yes. :)

Very near completion also.

9 Maps in night and day gives you 18 maps. Plus 3 extra MP small maps, 21 maps.

12 mission coop campiagn, 12 mission SP campaign changed for SP play.

27 player missions, plus over 18 extra missions. Mission folder holds over 80 files alone.

I would say it is at least at 97% complete.

Playing it on a regular basis at present, and still finding the odd floating tree, gap in the floor, or issue with a mission. Trying to make it as best possible before release.

This "old gem" is still a beauty. As you know already, I've been doing some playing around with GRAW, and as immersive as it is, I still can't help but feel being "boxed in."

Strange that, for I'm pretty sure that even the largest GR map I've ever played is covering less geographical terrain, but those missions feel much larger. And before anyone points out the obvious, "Yes," I do realize that GRAW is set in a claustrophobic urban setting. By feeling "boxed in," I mean more than just the visual design. Even with an AI enhancing mod installed, and even though GRAW's AI do a good deal more leaning than GR's, they need a lot more babysitting, and right now, that's sapping a lot of my enjoyment of the game.

Who knows, I might figure out how to work around the AI's limitations, but the steps to get there just don't seem rewarding enough to get there.

I'm just SO grateful for modders like Tinker. This is one amazingly gifted community, and the generosity of its participants is pretty breathtaking.