Ghost Recon.net Forums

CoH developer killed in car accident

Brian R. Wood, lead designer of Company of Heroes Online and a key player in the development of the series as a whole, was tragically killed on Friday night in an automobile accident north of Seattle.

Wood was behind the wheel of his Subaru Outback, with his wife Erin a passenger, when they were struck head-on by a Chevy Blazer driven by 21 year-old Jordyn B. Weichert. Two passengers in Weichert's car were killed, while it's alleged that the young driver was also under the influence of drugs at the time of the accident.

The Washington State Patrol say Weichert could be charged with vehicular homicide and vehicular assault once she is released from hospital, while another passenger in her car, 22 year-old Samantha R. Bowling, may also be charged with vehicular homicide.

Wood was 33. His wife, six months pregnant, is "hospitalized but in improving condition".

Our thoughts go out to Wood's family and everyone at Relic Entertainment.

Source.

Thanks to WK for sending me the link. :thumbsup:

This is very sad. Condolences to the families. If the driver who caused the crash was indeed under the influence of drugs, then she needs to be hammered into the floor. I've no sympathy for fools who drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, having lost three family members to drunk and high drivers.

This is very sad. Condolences to the families. If the driver who caused the crash was indeed under the influence of drugs, then she needs to be hammered into the floor. I've no sympathy for fools who drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, having lost three family members to drunk and high drivers.

Agreed, I hope the full weight of the law comes down on anyone who drives under the influence.

Sad news, not that i know him nor his work, but dying due to some "stupid" person and being so young and with his life soon to change for the best with a child coming...

Anyways i didn't know you could also charge the passengers in those situations where the driver was under the influence drugs/alcohol. Is it only in USA?, i find it a good idea though.

Anyways i didn't know you could also charge the passengers in those situations where the driver was under the influence drugs/alcohol. Is it only in USA?

This is from another article: "The driver was allegedly taking off a sweater while the passenger was steering the SUV, which veered into the oncoming lane and hit Wood's car, said Washington state trooper Mark Francis." So the passenger was actually "driving" at the time of the accident.

Ok, thanks for the info.

But would you think it's a good idea to charge also the passengers in accidents involving drugs/alcohol?

I never thought about it, and i know i went with someone who had taken drinks when i was young, but it could be a good idea.

What's your opinion?

Edited by Big