9MS12 - Op Blue glow

Tinker

9MS12 - Full version July 2010

Operation Blue Glow is an incredibly detailed 9 mission campiagn design for squads to play online.

9MS is a huge mod with almost 200 missions/gametypes to play online, with custom characters and kit combos.

Campaign is fully playable in Single player.

SAMPLE MISSION BRIEF...

Mission 01 Intel

Despite the recent cooling of relations with the Russians, our intelligence agents maintain contact with their spook counterparts. Through back-channels, the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) has advised the US government about a sensitive matter in Guatemala. Some female college students from the University of Moscow studying bio-diversity in tropical regions were kidnapped days ago by separatists funded in past years by the old Soviet regime. The thugs have demanded military equipment and money to continue revolutionary activities in the region.

Their threats to kill the hostages upon any intervention should be taken seriously. These ###### have killed others in similar ransom situations. Diplomacy is not an option either, as the Guatemalan government refuses to deal with the separatists and doesn’t have the muscle to get them out by force. The Russians will not openly exercise military options in the Western hemisphere -- Monroe Doctrine and all that. However, Guatemala will permit a US-led rescue attempt in the rebel-controlled area, provided civilian deaths are avoided.

An operation of this nature could carry heavy political risk, but Washington for unknown reasons has decided to participate. Our military intelligence believes this story has more than meets the eye, especially given the fast-track approval of this overseas op.

The exact location of these kids is not known. The kidnapping occurred under unusual circumstances, as the Cuban boy friend (Codename: Casanova) of one girl unexpectedly left the campsite shortly before the abduction. Yesterday our assets spotted this guy in a known rebel stronghold. Is he a captive, or part of the kidnapping plot? Either way, he is the only link to the hostage whereabouts at this time.

Mission 01 (Casanova Returns)

1.Apprehend Casanova (20 points)

2.Question Casanova in Safehouse (50 points)

3.Extract Casanova safely (30 points)

4.Avoid civilian casualties (-5 for each fatality)

PLACE: Uaxactun, Guatemala

DATE: May 12, 2010

TIME: 13:00

WEATHER: Clear

MAP SUGGESTION: Polling Center

CONTROLLER: TALON1

Mission 01 Orders (Casanova Returns)

Reconnoiter the area under stealth. Avoid the numerous patrols around known enemy locations. Then locate and secure Casanova, he was last seen near Hotel A. It is of the utmost importance he reach the safehouse (D) for questioning, otherwise (No Intel = No Hostages). Find out what he knows about the location of the girls.

We are inserting after lunch in broad daylight for two reasons - siesta time when most civilians are off the streets, and a rebel summit scheduled at the Enemy HQ. The majority should be inside the main building (smiley during our movements. The Extraction Point will be radioed in once you have completed the mission.

It is possible to sneak Casanova into the Safehouse without being detected. Be aware enemy forces may attempt to eliminate him should they be alarmed or take casualties. Any enemy or civilian deaths before you reach the extraction zone will trigger the alarm. Remember getting him out alive is our main mission.

9MS12 - Updated July 2010

Due to several issues with the previous version and recent patches, we decided to create a new build for this mod. Contains the full version of 9MS mod, plus any patches, fixes from the past.

You can delete 9MS11

Fixed various mission issues

M missions reduced enemy for small team play

HC missions for large team play or respawns

Added lot`s of training missions - ZeroAlpha

AD missions for alternate defends

Various typos fixed

New characters - female, sniper, spotter

New kit combos per character

Urban crunch map/mission added

MP1 Beach map relit, quick mission included

Various old files removed, folders cleaned

Spotter scope provided by Thales

9MS12-d-Install.exe

• 3 weeks later...

(M) 42 mountain hop. Everyone CTD while playing with NHs.

Loading map c:\program files (x86)\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\origmiss\map\m14_mountain\m14_mountain.map

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file mp_plt4_asl_mitchell.atr

RSS 02 Mountain CTD while playing solo offline.

Loading map c:\program files (x86)\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\origmiss\map\m14_mountain\m14_mountain.map

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file my_skin.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file my_skin.rsb

Unable to find my_skin.rsb anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file mp_plt2_asl_stalker.atr

NHs had a wee of a time looking for entrance to the party room on Industrial Rock mission.

Never found it while playing with NHs but found out how to gain access later.

Some NHs thought a secondary kit of condoms should be made available since we were crashing a party.

Curious about the abbreviations' meanings for these type of missions:

(IT)

(TOM)

(RSS)

Are the Blue Glow campaign missions included in MP?

This is the first time NHs have played this mod and we had a good time. With so many missions and gametypes we will be playing it for awhile.

Thank you Tinker. :thumbsup:

The 2 crashes are from characters that we removed from the mod in last version. Bit of a nightmare checking nearly 200 mission files at each update. :wacko: Have a few more minor issues already noted and will have to do a new small patch soon.. Again..

Campaign missions were built first for coop, they start with 9MS C... :thumbsup:

IT = we used to run an Internal Tournie with those missions

TOM = Tinkered Original Missions

RSS = Recon Sniper Spotter

:)

The 2 crashes are from characters that we removed from the mod in last version. Bit of a nightmare checking nearly 200 mission files at each update.

Would you want me to go through the .mis files checking for any missing characters?

If so, what are the ones that have been removed and what to replace them with?

<_< Should of checked in earlier. Been through them all, should be good now, replaced lot of vehicles with the custom ones too. Have some of the new defends to alter now. A-D type. Thnx anyway. :thumbsup:

Relit the bridges map from MP2 also, looks quiet nice, shall put it in.

Fixed several more missions CTD due to old character references

Fixed few issues with new defends

Removed rain from few missions with clear sky

Removed fog / snow from MP2 Island mission

Swapped some vehicles for new Hammer versions

Added relit version of MP2 Bridges map - altered original mission

Updated modscont to 1.2.e

Download: 9MS_12_patch_e.7z - 2.2 MB

Place into 9MS12 main folder, right click and extract here.

After applying the patch we played this on the NH server today with no issues. Tough well scripted missions for co-op.

Was very impressed with (hc) 42 mountain hop, in particular the flashes of light in the skybox which I had never seen anything remotely close to in GR. I have seen the lightning effect before but that doesn't compare. Scott said what a light show. Nice job of relighting that map too.

Be awhile on this mod as there are beau coup missions. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Played this again Sunday. Have found Spice and Troubled Land to be the favorites so far but it will take sometime to get to all the missions as we only do 4 or 5 a session.

We all agreed on Troubled Land that the enemy in many cases could see us before we saw them.

Just plain getting shot out of the blue.

I changed the .mis file not to override the environment and changed the .env file fog settings to those of D05 Aurora. Seems to have helped visibility and also lowered the spotting distance by 5 too.

My question is this a server-sided change? Or a client-sided change?

Anyways, we really like how the enemy hides behind trees or low crawls.

Park was OK as a day map but is much much better as a night map. Completely different feel to it.:thumbsup:

We all agreed on Troubled Land that the enemy in many cases could see us before we saw them.

Just plain getting shot out of the blue.

View distance was set to 90M and spotting was only 75M.

What is happening here is, several teams have been split up. So a team of 4, you see 2 guys but the other 2 are maybe 50M further back completely out of vision. All set to suppressive and combat. You shoot at the ones you can see, the others lock on to your position and fire at your location while moving forward, thus seeming they can see you. You just need to keep moving from bush to bush. They cannot track you once you move, unless they can actually see you.

:D

Any changes to mission or enviroment file would be server sided.

Splitting a team up really does make it better. Not sure how you keep the team from forming up on one another but it makes for some lively action. Troubled Land never plays out the same. Sometimes tangos will cross the river and sometimes not. Great scripting on all the missions. We really like the 9MS mod allot. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

CTD every time the second mission tries to load after kit load out (in SP campaign, elite). Only have DS, IT and 9MS mods activated. Am updated to 7e, at least I downloaded it, extracted the contents to the 9ms mod folder and overwrote the original data. Can you help? What data do you need me to post?

Post the ike.log that the game generates immediately after the CTD your having.

Not to be confused with the ikeCrash.log

I tried it with the same result. My ike.log after the CTD.

Selecting a sniper in the loadout:

Loading map c:\program files (x86)\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\cp01_hunting_lodge\cp01_hunting_lodge.map

SimGun: Gun node Weapon 01 has no camera offset helper point.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file pickup_truckd0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file pow_jeepd0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file icg_wht_snp_02_blink_cuba.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file icg_wht_snp_02_cuba.rsb

Another result from the ike not selecting a sniper in the loadout:

Loading map c:\program files (x86)\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\cp01_hunting_lodge\cp01_hunting_lodge.map

SimGun: Gun node Weapon 01 has no camera offset helper point.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file pickup_truckd0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file pow_jeepd0.anm

I'm using VERSION "1.2.e"

CTD every time the second mission tries to load after kit load out (in SP campaign, elite). Only have DS, IT and 9MS mods activated. Am updated to 7e, at least I downloaded it, extracted the contents to the 9ms mod folder and overwrote the original data. Can you help? What data do you need me to post?

I had the same problem until I pared down one fire team to 2 men (playing solo, veteran) for a total of 5 men (3 in alpha, 2 in bravo). Near as I can figure out, the chap driving the insertion vehicle is counted as the sixth man, who then promply gets himself shot right after insertion! :P Made for a couple of interesting (i.e frustrating) :wall: hours before I figured this out. All in all, great mod!

• 3 weeks later...