Operation: Jalisco

Operation Jalisco v1 is now ready for testing.

As usual this is another scratch built map based on the mission 05 clean landscape, I have used the "adaptive" type of mission here and as before there is the multiplayer override switch if you are playing alone.

I asked a while back if you would like to see the resupply Mule in my missions, there were mixed replies saying that some do and some don't so as a compromise I have included three Mule drops in the mission but they need to be called in by using a switch (same as the multiplayer switch) to activate them, you will find these located at the following objectives:

Secure HQ.

Rescue Hostages.

Destroy Intel.

You will find these switches located close to the above objectives plus there is some text there to tell you how they work.

There are a couple of known issues:

At the "HQ" objective it was mentioned in alpha testing that some of the AI in that building do not move but they still seem quite responsive and will shoot back. I have done all that I can to get these little devils to move but they just won't play ball.

At the extraction sometimes some of the barrels remain in place after you destroy the roadblock, so far this has not blocked the way so you should be able to complete the mission, I'm not sure why this is happening as everything I have tried does not work.

Respawn points:

Triggers 05, 06 or 15, activating any of these triggers will add a spawn location at the end of the insertion road.

When you complete the HQ objective.

When you complete the Rescue Hostages objective.

When you complete the Transmitter objective.

When you complete the Distillery objective.

At Extraction:

When you destroy the Roadblock.

When you activate trigger 22.

Thanks for testing and I hope you enjoy the mission.

Cheers,

John

Download:

Operation Jalisco v1.

jalisco_screen.jpg

Fantastic work John!

This is a real John map/mission :thumbsup:

We had no issues at all.

At the HQ we recognized at the top the not moving AIs but as I looked at it and make long noses, they shoot me :unsure:

Except the handful AIS at the HQ we found no sleeping AIs.

"At the extraction sometimes some of the barrels remain in place after you destroy the roadblock" we have seen that too, the barrels in th e middle stayed intact but left and right we was able to get in.

I was happy that we could open the doors with security locks because we had problems with that at some older maps like Levantamiento.

After searching the correct middle of the gates we was also able to open them as well.

My cllent (I'm using the slower one and my wife the fast one) crashed one time with a normal GRAW2 crash.

As dedicated server we used this time a 2.8GHZ P4,2GB mem and Geforce8400 instead of our Laptop 1.6 centrino M, 512MB mem and CF card as hard drive but I could not see any difference. Or there is a difference calculating the AIs which is not visible at the moment.

May we play the mission again using the laptop as server again but this has nothing to do with your great mission.

Frame rates was only dropped when the HQ heli came in and after trigger 5b. It droped to17 fps for a very short time.

Overall the performance was great, the graphic super, the AIs placed very well and special the road cross after the insertion point was fantastic to play.

...and thanks for all the AIs at the extraction. This was better again as it was last time :)

Excellent John! :yes:

Greetz and thanks from

Erika&Klaus

Hi John,

You are getting better and better at making maps and missions. Although, I have to admit I didn't like this mission the first time I played, because every dark corner is filled with campers, but now I can't get enough of it. I just memorise these spots and take them out with a bang :o=

Ok, here are the issues that I found:

1. The first obvious issue I found is the names of every objective, that contains a word "Destrory" in it.

2. Then I've noticed that some objects like a bridge has no texture and the bottom of HQ building has some texture missing.

3. Not sure how this happened, but the first tme I played the phone booth parts got in my way inside the Intel building:

graw220100619003423.jpg

This is probably because of my nade spam...It helps to have a mule next to the objective :D

4. Next to the Intel objective there's a building with 2 campers. One of them is spawning inside the wall every time I play. I took 2 screenshots from 2 sides of the building so you could get a better idea of where it is:

graw220100624155327.jpg

graw220100624155051.jpg

5. As you've mentioned, at the extraction most of the barrels remain in place, but the last time I played most of them were destroyed and we could easily get through.

6. At the extraction, just after I passed the barrels, I saw some of the AI spawning in front of my eyes.

7. This map is crashing a lot. When I tried to reload the map, got a client crash:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: composition in type <Unit>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded
Tried restarting again and then the server crashed:
data\lib\units\extensions\damagesystem.dsf(-1): cant find member: activate in type

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\networkdamage.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : normal
Before the extraction I selected a shotgun at the mule and server crashed:
data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: setup_grenade_ammo in type

Renderer: normal

Physics : normal

That's all for now.

Btw, I love the way all doors are opening. I guess you borrowed this idea from Rad. I simply love it.

I appreciate all the hard work you put inside your maps and missions. Thanks for keeping graw2 alive :thumbsup:

Cheers,

trip

Thanks for testing kaapo and triplex.

I'm pleased you liked the mission kaapo, seems like you didn't have any problems which is what I like to hear.

triplex, I take no responsibility for all the typos in the mission the blame lies completely at my keyboard. :whistle:

It looks like there are some more typos in the texture_scope file, this is why the textures you spotted were missing, I have located the AI that are spawning in the walls so this should be an easy fix.

Hopefully I have found a solution to the barrels that remain in place at extraction so this will be fixed in the next version.

I've never seen the first two crash logs you posted so I'm not sure what is causing the problem, if anyone else has any thoughts here that would be very helpful, the mule is known to be a problem with some weapons this is why they are not in the map by default, you have to call them in yourself so use them at your own risk, maybe I should put a disclaimer on the walls by the switches as well. :lol:

I will get all the issues fixed and post a new version tomorrow.

Thanks,

John

Completed the mission, no major problems. Got a little laggy when there was a couple helicopters going at one time, and one of my guys always goes off on his own and starts activating a bunch of triggers, but when we stuck together it was pretty flawless. Love the map and the mission!!

John

Played 3 of us on a dedi server last night and everything went very smoothly. Moved as a group and observed no lag at all. Mission played out well even though it appears by the trigger numbers we were moving in the reverse direction. Saw no sleepy AI in fact they were very responsive all the way through and we had to move very carefully particularly given their aggression coupled with good sniper placement. Can't see what more there is to do on this one. Didn't see any textural problems though to be honest I wasn't really looking for these type of things. At extraction some barrels appeared to remain in place but we could move through without a problem.

All in all a very good map and a very good mission with very good playability. We enjoyed it. When we found the "Hostages" with their red haloes I thought we had stumbled on an episode of the X-files!! :rofl:

Good work again.

Anthony :rocky:

Version 1.1 is ready for testing.

There's a few changes from the last version which are listed below:

- Fixed all typos (I hope! :blush: ).

- All textures should now be ok (kudos to triplex as the only person to notice).

- AI spawning in the walls near the Intel objective have been relocated.

- At trigger 20 some AI have been moved so they do not spawn in view.

- Barrels at extraction should now work correctly.

I checked for anything that could cause the crashes that triplex mentioned but didn't find any issues.

Thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Operation: Jalisco v1.1.

Played V1 multiplayer last night on the AGB Barking Spider. Saw some of the similar texture issues that Triplex had mentioned.

Seemed to play very smooth with the AI being very responsive. We ended up crashing due to the RPG reload at the mule under the intel building. With all of the tanks & havocs, a seasoned team member was using the mule to switch weapons to accomodate the type of armor that we encounted. My partner had an MP4 as his secondary weapon without realizing that his primary was an RPG... so we were unable to finish the mission. I'm glad that folks like the mules, but they can still cause crashes, even for the seasoned veteran... now imagine a server filled with pubbies - could cause the map never to finish. My vote would be to remove it altogether.

Thanks,

Bogie

We played V1.0 again without any problems except the known ones which V1.1 may has fixed already.

This time we completed the objectives in a reverted order as last time.

The mission was running smooth again and this time I did not realize any frame drops.

By the way, my Centrino 1.6 laptop was used for dedi-server again and have not seen a different to the P4 2.8 which is may be interesting for others as well. It means a really cheap machine is necessary to run a dedicated server for just a couple players.

Thnanks,

Klaus&Erika

ooh cant wait to try 1.1 glad u got the barrels sorted :)

*DELETED

Zero

Edited by JohnTC02
Edited for content - Do not use insults to get your point across

Played V1 multiplayer last night on the AGB Barking Spider. Saw some of the similar texture issues that Triplex had mentioned.

Seemed to play very smooth with the AI being very responsive. We ended up crashing due to the RPG reload at the mule under the intel building. With all of the tanks & havocs, a seasoned team member was using the mule to switch weapons to accomodate the type of armor that we encounted. My partner had an MP4 as his secondary weapon without realizing that his primary was an RPG... so we were unable to finish the mission. I'm glad that folks like the mules, but they can still cause crashes, even for the seasoned veteran... now imagine a server filled with pubbies - could cause the map never to finish. My vote would be to remove it altogether.

Thanks,

Bogie

Yeah that seasoned veteran was a total numb nuts!! Totally ruined the game after playing about 45 mins!!! You would think by now he would know better!! Jeeessh!!!

It was me :blush:

:oops:

lol @ Viper! - I've yet to Download and install v1.1, its been really busy on my server with trying to update ArmA 2, whilst keeping BF:BC2 fans happy etc......my Head admin for WBG is on hols and left me in charge! aaarrrggghhhh! I hate servers!! lol

lol @ Viper! - I've yet to Download and install v1.1, its been really busy on my server with trying to update ArmA 2, whilst keeping BF:BC2 fans happy etc......my Head admin for WBG is on hols and left me in charge! aaarrrggghhhh! I hate servers!! lol

Ron,

I feel your pain!! Server management is a challenge in itself!!!

Vipe

Version 1.1 is ready for testing.

There's a few changes from the last version which are listed below:

- Fixed all typos (I hope! :blush: ).

- All textures should now be ok (kudos to triplex as the only person to notice).

- AI spawning in the walls near the Intel objective have been relocated.

- At trigger 20 some AI have been moved so they do not spawn in view.

- Barrels at extraction should now work correctly.

I checked for anything that could cause the crashes that triplex mentioned but didn't find any issues.

Thanks for testing,

John

John,

We at AGB (five of us) tested the map and everything was perfect. Did not experience any issues and yes, this time I stayed away from the MULE. :unsure:

We actually played the map with Rahnman's MOD v2.3 and it was still very difficult!! It was easier than normal becasue of the MOD but still challenging. Great job as always!!

I and ebk played v1.1 the other night. This time I found only 2 issues:

1. RPG guy at the extraction is still spawning in view:

graw220100627011018.jpg

2. I tried restarting the server about 10 times. Server restarts without a problem, but each client's game crashes every single time we restart the server with the same error message:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecustom.dsf(-1): cant find member: composition in type <Unit>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

The only time my game didn't crash was when I had started the mission, but trigger 1 wasn't activated yet. Also, having 3 mules in this mission may cause even more issues. :wall:

Hi John.

I found two issues at the beginning of the map. First one is spawning guy in the view, and here is the link:

http://cid-a31bc0bdcfa846d3.office.live.com/self.aspx/Wideo/jalisco/graw2-2010-06-28-23-58-37.avi

In the second movie AI spawned on me. Watch the 40 to 45 seconds recording:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2f1b99/

The map is very difficult, the whole time i had to watch to not die, which undoubtedly raises satisfaction of playing: D

Once again you have done a good job:)

Thx John,

Daro

I've still to play again - can the regulars that use my server for beta testing please read this topic http://www.ghostreco...67&#entry561367 (scroll down to the last post) and as well as TAW and =GE= who else is beta testing on there servers?

Admins pls don't move this post as I need the Beta and mission makers to see it as there more likely to see it here than anywhere else on the website.

Cheers

Ron

Thanks for testing folks.

I'm glad that folks like the mules, but they can still cause crashes, even for the seasoned veteran... now imagine a server filled with pubbies - could cause the map never to finish. My vote would be to remove it altogether.

That was the main reason I made them so you could call them in if you wanted, I think most people know that the mules can cause problems if you are carrying certain weapons so they now have the choice whether to use them or not.

triplex, I didn't realize it was a RPG sniper that was spawning in view, I will sort that out in the next version.

Again I have never seen this error message before so I'm not to sure what could be causing it, maybe Bogie could shed some light on it.

I found two issues at the beginning of the map. First one is spawning guy in the view, and here is the link:

http://cid-a31bc0bdcfa846d3.office.live.com/self.aspx/Wideo/jalisco/graw2-2010-06-28-23-58-37.avi

In the second movie AI spawned on me. Watch the 40 to 45 seconds recording:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2f1b99/

Thanks for posting the video and screenshot, I will take a look at the AI you mention.

I hope you get your server issues sorted soon Ron, sorry I can't be of more help but my knowledge of servers is quite limited.

Just a quick heads up here, my new PC turned up yesterday (:D) so I will be out of action for a day or two while I get everything installed, so far I have the Internet but still need to get the game (and many other things) up and running, my next mission is progressing and will get back to it asap!

Thanks,

John

It's gone a bit quiet here so does that mean you all think the mission is about ready for release if I fix the latest reported issues. :)

I'll wait until the end of the week then make a start on getting it released if there are no more problems to report, the only thing bugging me is the crashes that triplex mentioned, it seems strange that it's only him having these issues.

Thanks,

John