Gamespot's "E3 Stage Demo" video & Audience questions

Dick Splash

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=391 id="videoPlayer"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf"><PARAM'>http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf"><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE="noScale"><PARAM NAME=salign VALUE="lt"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=allowscriptaccess VALUE="always"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6266531%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml"><embed id="mymovie" width="640" height="391" flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6266531%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" scale="noScale" salign="lt" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed></OBJECT>

<BR></BR>

<BR></BR>

In the video, when asked how much feedback from the last Ghost Recon game is factored in this game, she takes a sharp intake of breathe and says;

Yes...we have very demanding fans...and we have pushed back the date so that we can get in all the features...that we really want to make this the game that Ghost Recon fans will be talking about for a decade.....yeah...so a lot of feedback definitely. We listen to our fans and we're trying to keep it the authentic Tom Clancy universe...so...almost a documentary approach.

Did any of us know about the Gamespot interviews that they've done? We could have clogged up their live inbox and bamboozled the interviewer with pertinent questions. laugh.gif

DS

Edited by Pave Low
Embeded video

Did any of us know about the Gamespot interviews that they've done? We could have clogged up their live inbox and bamboozled the interviewer with pertinent questions. :lol:

Maybe for the next trade show we could set up a new gaming web site (3haters.com) and get press credentials..Then maybe we'd have a chance to have one or two actual questions answered.

Did you see some of the gamespot comments? There's something getting just as much attention as GRFS at E3 this year LOL.

this woman is more badass than the game

Kids eh. :rolleyes:

She did handle that live QA and the end pretty well.

I think that's the first I've heard about 6 on 6 Adversarial too, and a version for the N3DS

I think that's the first I've heard about 6 on 6 Adversarial too, and a version for the N3DS
She mentions that in the earlier Gamespot video. She looks to her right and laughs [obviously getting the nod] before mentioning the platform.

DS

Did you see some of the gamespot comments? There's something getting just as much attention as GRFS at E3 this year LOL.

this woman is more badass than the game

Kids eh. :rolleyes:

She did handle that live QA and the end pretty well.

I had to remove an entire post from the Ubi forums earlier aimed at Kimi, you would normally need to pay for what that guy posted lol

I had to remove an entire post from the Ubi forums earlier aimed at Kimi, you would normally need to pay for what that guy posted lol

We've already banned one user for getting carried away. It tends to get a bit more colourful around these times.

I find it ironic that she talks about making a Ghost Recon game that fans will be talking about for a decade. Didn't they do that with the first one, though it hasn't quite been a decade yet? Why would they want to do that again? They would just create more "old school" fans that will wind up only to be disappointed by the direction of subsequent versions.

Given Ubi's recent track record, they will be lucky if people are talking about it 3 months after release.

:(

LOL, From what i seen so far Im willing to put money down on this one as true.

I am getting it (rent), but i dont see no long term play in this game just like GRAWs. The team vs dont sound like somthing i want to play and we all know it will not pull in any of the COD crouds or even smaller games of the like. All the GR fans i know gave up on anything GR anymore i seem to be the last to even give it a try even at a rental term. The SP and Coop im sure i will knock out within the first month or less. As much as i love coop i can only do that for so long. I need a good team vs mode and this new GR dont seem to have what im looking for. So all in all i see the game getting some hits early then fading out and forgoten pretty fast until we speaking out on the things we want to see in the next GR like always! Im willing to bet within the first month or two the talks of what we want in the next GR will be more happening then the people playing/talking of FS.

wow, they are really stretching hard with the trying to keep it authentic tom clancy universe BS. More like they are dragging Tom's name through the mud with every game they come out with since GRAW.

They aren't taking any feedback to development, because if they did, they would scrap the entire project and start over with what the fans really want. Sentiment over on the Ubi forums is not anywhere near in favor of this game being what fans want.

We ask and demand for the return of the Ghillie Suit since it's removal after GRIT, and their response is to give us an invisibility cloak like something Harry Potter would wear. Not anywhere close to a ghillie suit, but to them, they've brought it back in a futuristic form.

They don't give a flying ###### about what fans want.