FS didn't even get a nomination in "Best of E3" awards

MeanMF

IGN "Best of E3" awards were released....GR:FS didn't even get a nomination in any category. Ouch.

Unlike Splinter Cell Conviction which was IGN's best of E3 winner 2009, IGN only gave Ghost Recon Future Soldier the E3 best of day 3 at the show, or one of the best of day 3. Horses for courses i guess?.

[Edited: that video is already posted in a separate thread]

Edited by Pave Low

I dont blame them, the first portion of the footage where they capture the target doesnt convey any mood or really say anything about the game other than "hey we have invisible camo", it doesnt excite gamers for the gameplay..if anything it raises questions as to how it will work within the context of a game...I sure as hell wasnt excited to see it...I think they expected people to be awed by the close quarter kills as well, that isnt happening in an age where gamers are taking chainsaws to bad guys.

The second portion, felt so scripted it almost felt as if it could have been a cutscene..that scene felt like Ubis attempt to jump into the flashy scripted sensory overload displays thats so prevalent in shooters post COD4, people have seen what Ubi displayed done much flashier and better....a helicopter flailing about followed with a soldier going through the low wall simulator course isnt something thats going to impress these days.......

Ubi has decided to compete with the other loud, super scripted games on the market and as such their first attempt to really "WOW" with flashy action was a big yawn...

That's interesting. Looks like people weren't too impressed with FS. Sounds to me like people are seeing this game as just another Halo/GOW rip off attempt.

I bet had they stuck with the tradition of Ghost Recon and the squad based gameplay and left out all the future tech, people might have taken notice of this game a bit more.

I bet had they stuck with the tradition of Ghost Recon and the squad based gameplay and left out all the future tech, people might have taken notice of this game a bit more.

I think the same could be said if they had abandoned the pretense of being reality-based and just gone full-bore sci-fi with the thing. It would have given them the freedom to be a lot more creative with the gadgetry and storyline. Maybe even something better than the chainsaw bayonet, my personal favorite silly gadget of all time. Not very practical, but it's a CHAINSAW. On a GUN. IMO they're trying to shoehorn a sci-fi game into the GR franchise - it's trying to be too many things and not really succeeding at any of them at the moment.

Kotaku just unveiled their "Best of E3 2010".. Once again, not even a nomination for GR:FS.

Ditto for Gamespot... Although Ubisoft's press conference did get three nominations in the "What the...?" category. :lol:

And Gameinformer

And Gamepro

And 1up

And Gamespy

Did I miss any?? Did they even get a single nomination from any major media outlet?

Edited by MeanMF

Kotaku just unveiled their "Best of E3 2010".. Once again, not even a nomination for GR:FS.

Ditto for Gamespot... Although Ubisoft's press conference did get three nominations in the "What the...?" category. :lol:

And Gameinformer

And Gamepro

And 1up

And Gamespy

Did I miss any?? Did they even get a single nomination from any major media outlet?

It doesn't matter if they were mentioned or not, it is far to early for all that really. However when the demo is released and ppl actually get to play it, i'm sure all that will change.

It doesn't matter if they were mentioned or not, it is far to early for all that really.

I don't really put much faith in what the big magazines write either. But some at Ubisoft have said that the media is their primary source of feedback on their games. Maybe the collective yawn from the press at E3 will be the wake-up call that they desperately need, and maybe they'll realize they're falling seriously short of their intended "blockbuster" game. At the same time, the games they're imitating (Call of Duty/Gears of War/Killzone) all got a lot of attention and praise. Let's see if they turn it around and do something original instead of playing catcch-up to the last generation of those franchises.

I found it interesting that all e3 coverage was about the same. There were a number of follow up questions from earlier information that could have been asked, based on what they were saying at e3.

Frankly, some of what they said at e3 seemed to contradict what they were saying about the game just weeks ago. Like linking up to share gear,like the cloak. Now they say all ghosts have access to the optical camo at all times. And Ubi did not display or mention link up at all.

Is the media really that apathetic, or was Ubi that controlling about what features they would talk about?

But some at Ubisoft have said that the media is their primary source of feedback on their games......
I think that that needs a qualifier...as in - There is nothing like a little bought and paid for postive reinforcement in the press (Read: Payola) to convince yourself you're on the right direction, despite all evidence -from all other sources- to the contrary.

Ubis' problem is that some of the regular outlets (IGN, etc.,) no longer seem to want to pay to play along.

____

And as for that wake up call, well, I would not count on it.