GameTrailers "Live Demo Part I + II" gameplay footage

FifaJay

This is Tom Clancy's CryReconCell.

I prefer just "cry". :bye:

Rocky,

I would include the GR:AW games on there as well. There may be a pattern. I will help if I can.

If I get around to it in a bout of cynicism, I'll send you a copy to check :thumbsup:

There is some team chatter, one of your teammates moves up, then you do what he says to do - move up and take out this guy.... Hold, OK... Move up. Wait, wait.... Now, take him out.... Wait, let him pass... Now follow him up the stairs.. OK, take him out...

Yeah, they said in a couple of the preview interviews that they were getting away from the constant handholding. Well at least on that level it's still there... :wall:

Ubi tried to sell us on the invisible cloak thing by proving it was real world tech, realistically expected on the battlefield in the near future, fine. Then in this video we see Ghosts sneaking up to within 2 metres of an enemy, who still cannot see him when looking right at him. Sorry, that's BS.

Yeah and why aren't the ghosts leaving a trail of bootprints in the wet sand ? (or the snow & dust in the live-action movie) ? the enemy would surely notice that (the great Achilles' heel staple of all good invisible man/monster movies)

cloaks are supposed to work by bending light around the wearer it doesn't make them weigh any less or do the ghosts all have little anti-gravity generators in their boots or something ? that makes them hover an inch off the ground ;)

and whenever the cloak is on (a quarter to half of the game presumably ) your "character" is just a big blurry blob moving around the screen, creeping up on other characters oooh really exciting, Not <_<

at least Crysis had it better (by showing team-mates cloak not yourself apart from arms) and more importantly they had it in first person view

Then, a forward roll in the battlefield? With a loaded rocket launcher strapped to your shoulder? Oh dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

Yep :blink:>_<:wall: :wall:

Wow. I expected it to be bad. I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. Worst 'tactical' shooter ever.

No first-person view, no realism, no tactics, brain-dead AI, no LAN play, no dedicated server, only 4 players in coop, ludicrous DRM, barely average visuals for today's standards, cartoonish effects, cheesy voiceovers, two lonely hand-held weapons (one assault rifle with attached bottle opener, one sniper rifle with 'smart' no-need-to-aim ammunition), probably no modding support, being hit by a 'ground drone' minigun (@ 01:38) doesn't seem to matter much, no 'cloak' needed for complete invisibility (and lack of footprints), and the list goes on...

A little recap on what Ghost Recon used to stand for:

FPV, one-shot-one-kill realism, tactics mandatory to survive, deviously smart AI, unrestricted LAN play, dedicated server built-in, multiplayer lobby built-in, in-game chat built-in, up to 9 players coop as standard, up to 27 players coop through mods, 36 player adversarial multiplayer built-in, 32 missions/campaign for single player and multiplayer coop, excellent visuals for its time, realistic effects, several dozen weapons to choose from as standard, several hundred weapons via mods, full modding support and mod tools built-in, no 'cloak', no 'shoulder-mounted anti-tank rocket launcher', no 'drones', no futuristic bullcrap. Every single piece of equipment in Ghost Recon was in actual military use (including the prototype OICW, which was field-tested at the time), and the list goes on...

Progress? I don't think so.

Wow. I expected it to be bad. I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. Worst 'tactical' shooter ever.

No first-person view, no realism, no tactics, brain-dead AI, no LAN play, no dedicated server, only 4 players in coop, ludicrous DRM, barely average visuals for today's standards, cartoonish effects, cheesy voiceovers, two lonely hand-held weapons (one assault rifle with attached bottle opener, one sniper rifle with 'smart' no-need-to-aim ammunition), probably no modding support, being hit by a 'ground drone' minigun (@ 01:38) doesn't seem to matter much, no 'cloak' needed for complete invisibility (and lack of footprints), and the list goes on.

Ludicrous DRM? on the XBOX 360? blimey i didn't think microsoft would choose that route, that's odd. Modding support probably? on the XBOX 360 platform?. Dedicated servers for Xbox LIVE?, how does that work?.

I didn't get to see or hear the PC demo of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, i think i only saw a WIP console demo of gameplay which looks great and not too different from GRAW 1 and 2 on the XBOX 360, imho.

Future Soldier isn't a Ghost Recon game.

I saw the Ghosts and there was clearly reconnoiter in the Future Soldier demo gameplay, so yes, it's a Ghost Recon game in that respect.

I think what the hardcore fans want is Ubisoft to rehash the original first PC version of [Ghost Recon], i don't think that will ever happen?, i could be wrong?, we have yet to see anything of a PC version of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, but i presume it will have the same assets/story as the console version and maybe first person weapon view?, like GRAW did. What happened to Ground Branch?.

Ground branch didn't get off the ground ( no pun intended ). And BTW personally Im looking for a Ghost Recon sequel based on the core principals the original was founded on but the rest of the package evolved to include the latest tech, physics and features of modern games. Don't belittle our greivances by saying all we want is a rehash of the original.

being hit by a 'ground drone' minigun doesn't seem to matter much

Demos like that are almost always done in "god mode"... Don't read too much into that bit. I can't argue with the rest of the post though..hehe

yeah you have to remember this is an early version of the game, it isnt quite ready yet, they have literally only just got a playable demo working and the cloak has a time limit its just that the guy playing it had god mod on so it didnt time out

well if anyone had any sense tey would learn how to mod GRAW well enough to pass as the original GR revamped instead of moaning that they want the [Ghost Recon] back (thats what i am doing as a pass time. my other mods have ground to a halt so i can get this done.)

so instead of amateurs telling proffesionals how to do their job, the amateurs ask for a little help and modify a newer game. with GR elements.

so if anyone would like to help me it would be appreciated.

just so you know yes i know it sound ironic because of an earlier post but i didnt moan about wanting the original game back i said i wanted them to use their expertees in a combat situation not their little robotic friends like the [Ghost Recon]

Edited by zeealice

yeah you have to remember this is an early version of the game, it isnt quite ready yet, they have literally only just got a playable demo working and the cloak has a time limit its just that the guy playing it had god mod on so it didnt time out

well if anyone had any sense tey would learn how to mod GRAW well enough to pass as the original GR revamped instead of moaning that they want the [Ghost Recon] back (thats what i am doing as a pass time. my other mods have ground to a halt so i can get this done.)

so instead of amateurs telling proffesionals how to do their job, the amateurs ask for a little help and modify a newer game. with GR elements.

just so you know yes i know it sound ironic because of an earlier post but i didnt moan about wanting the original game back i said i wanted them to use their expertees in a combat situation not their little robotic friends like the [Ghost Recon]

Interesting points, I am glad the cloak has a time limit as it is too powerful. Also another point worth mentioning is that several missions will involve playing with out all of the tech - as a civilian. I am hoping that this will be done well enough to satisfy the need for more of a tactical approach.

Edited by ResidentPSYCHO

[Ghost Recon]

Well instead of a mod Im hoping to get a team together to make a GR type game using UDK. Although that will be way down the line. Just finishing my first year of a Programming and Design course which I hope will help me with UDK. Learning Java programming in the next 18 months which should help greatly with Unreal Script.

the cloak has a time limit its just that the guy playing it had god mod on so it didnt time out

Where did you see that? The only limitation I've seen on the cloak is that it briefly stops working when you fire your weapon (the loud noise scares the magic fairies that make the cloak work).

Added in a few screenshots .

Good stuff. The Ghosts camo is like one of the camouflaged uniforms in Splinter Cell Conviction which i think is cool, thanks for the screenshots.

ghost18.jpg

convictiongame201006162.jpg

Don't belittle our greivances by saying all we want is a rehash of the original.

Your sentiment and words chap not mine. Rehash ...To bring forth again in another form without significant alteration: rehashing old ideas. The ArmA games are just as good as the [Ghost Recon] and in some ways a lot better imho, but ArmA does not have the crosshair view.

Ground branch didn't get off the ground ( no pun intended ).

Was that because of lack of funds?.

You miss understand the type of gaming im looking for.

Oh sorry mate, i aint got a clue what folk really want from games?. I'm just happy playing games for fun nowadays to be honest. i loved the original [Ghost Recon] on PC for what it was back then, i thought the hardcore Ghost Recon crowd wanted hardcore realistic military gaming?,and i thought ArmA was very much like the [Ghost Recon] and ArmA is PC centric too, and it is much more hardcore and realistic than original first PC GR imho.

Is it because you want UBISOFT to make the game you are looking for?, just curious mate that's all.

GR was never a sim. It was a semi realistic tactical shooter. So was R6. ArmA is way too complicated and concerns complete military simulation type gameplay. GR was small squad special forces on medium sized maps. It wasn't anal and it wasn't arcadey. It was right on the money. It was a fun experience with a great community.

GR was never a sim. It was a semi realistic tactical shooter.

I have great memorys even of the single player portion of the original GR . I would love for UBISOFT to bring back those mems with another GR with just slightly updated graphics nothing over the top, new maps, 9 man coop like raven shield, and most importantly it would have to have the crosshair view only, no first person weapon view or third person view, just that crosshair because it was unique to the game. I am looking forward to Ghost Recon Future Soldier though.

Did we lose some posts in this thread? I could have sworn somebody replied to me with a link to an explanation of the cloak.

Check the main index, several posts in here linking to different GR:FS Videos were moved into their own discussion threads :thumbsup: