gone GOLD! + now available to pre-order

^

A slightly tweaked version of the same RealVirtuality engine more than likely means no disarticulating bodies -nor has there been any evidence shown of different wound models/sprites.

It probably has to do with the change of EU distribution...as the ESRB remains unchanged (M Mature 17+) for the NA market.

Only 11 days to go to retail, have to say though, there doesn't look to be much coming out that interests me personaly on the PC, ArmA Arrowhead is very reasonably priced too, i think i'll be purchasing a copy for sure. Although i have to say;there was a mod created not too long ago that featured similar settings and taliban troops, it might of been dry south sahrani and taliban soldiers?.

... but to be honest arrowhead looks like a community made mod.
What exactly were you looking for out of an expansion...a security blanket?

J/K

Although i have to say;there was a mod created not too long ago that featured similar settings and taliban troops, it might of been dry south sahrani and taliban soldiers?.
The fact is that the game lends itself so easily to modding that users are able to get a jump on the developers with content additions. That's nothing new, nor is the fact that in almost every case BIS' content will be better optimized, and obviously, stock.

i will definitely complete some GR type missions for OA - I dint release any for Arma2 although I had one ready bcoz most ppl had stopped playing Arma2. But for OA I will do a couple of gr style do prove to the doubters about the power of Arma2 to surpass GR.

i will definitely complete some GR type missions for OA - I dint release any for Arma2 although I had one ready bcoz most ppl had stopped playing Arma2. But for OA I will do a couple of gr style do prove to the doubters about the power of Arma2 to surpass GR.

Haha nice, cant wait, btw nice sig mate thumbsup.gif

... but to be honest arrowhead looks like a community made mod.
What exactly were you looking for out of an expansion...a security blanket?

J/K.

Can i get a cloak with that?.

I should of researched more info about the game before i spoke. Bohemia Interactive have said there is enough content in Operation Arrowhead (military simulator) shooter; to make it a full game and they feel a stand alone product is the best way forward. 4 player coop and integrated mod management, lots of optimizations. I'm really liking the integrated mod management, although i never had a problem with kegettys tools or arma launcher etc. A2OA deploys the US Army this time round, four main characters available, airborne infantry, helicopter pilot, tank commander and special forces operator. It's excellent when you think about it though, a heap of new content, improvements on the engine;optimizations, unlimited sandbox, and a very fair retail price, very good PC game if you ask me.

expaoa.jpg

I will be ordering next Tuesday, Arma2 satisfied my needs and this is just a massive bonus and the icing on the cake.

One thing is finally they have whispering when in stealth mode etc which is welcomed. theres a few things in OA that put small SF missions back into that old GR feel once more. Especially with the FLIR for weapons and so on.

I ended up getting Arma because it offered what I got a hint of with Oringinal GR .. I have never looked back since and now with these addons and the superb mods that are out its playtime for years :)

Its funny I still go into the editor with Arma2 and base most of my self made missions on a 4-6 man tango hunt style just like I had in GR. Silent weapons, evenings, SF units .... aaah just like the good old days.

i must say that the flir is extremely powerfull.

i'm just going around with a big, fat grin on my face, enjoyin this, and i'm glad that i was spot on with the vecation this year ( set up in december ;) ) to match with the release!

I realy do love this expantion, and have now retiered the arma2.exe, just running combined ops

• 2 weeks later...

Yes indeed, have you tried out the "Jackal" scenario ... its much like the stealth mission of Arma1 at the militay base, although much better IMHO.

That mission with FLIR is such a great example of stealth with new features.

Have to say I got this a few days ago, training is so much better improved, FPS and performance is a slight ###### with new houses and AI "thinking" ... used with ambient civy's = nightmare on my system, but that's just one area, its well worth it and puts Arma back on the map so to speak :)