Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hi folks,

playing some mods (seals & sas equip) I had the feeling that the gun accuracy stats vary a lot from original files, e.g. M4 variants with m203 and/or c-mags are completely out of line from the standard m4.

Investigating further I saw that some weapons just had the same stats as the underbarrel gl. Comparing the original m16/ak74 to their gl variants I saw that the gl-types are all less accurate, so I calculated the differences and added them to the standard m4 to get stats for the m4/m203s. This seems to be more realistic than giving the rifle the same stats as the standard gl (simple cut&paste mistake, I guess...).

Anyway I wonder cause a heavier barrel weight should increase fire stability, shouldn`t it ? I would like to hear Your opinions to this; how does the GR team come to less accuracy ?

Also, what would be with m4/c-mags ? Would they be as accurate as an M4 or less accurate as let`s say an m249 ?

Hi folks,

playing some mods (seals & sas equip) I had the feeling that the gun accuracy stats vary a lot from original files, e.g. M4 variants with m203 and/or c-mags are completely out of line from the standard m4.

Investigating further I saw that some weapons just had the same stats as the underbarrel gl. Comparing the original m16/ak74 to their gl variants I saw that the gl-types are all less accurate, so I calculated the differences and added them to the standard m4 to get stats for the m4/m203s. This seems to be more realistic than giving the rifle the same stats as the standard gl (simple cut&paste mistake, I guess...).

Anyway I wonder cause a heavier barrel weight should increase fire stability, shouldn`t it ? I would like to hear Your opinions to this; how does the GR team come to less accuracy ?

Also, what would be with m4/c-mags ? Would they be as accurate as an M4 or less accurate as let`s say an m249 ?

An M-4 with a M-203 would be heavier and take a longer time to aim because it is more mass. There would be a little less recoil when the rifle fired. There would not be any accuracy change.

M-4 with a C-mag would make the rifle a pound or two heavier because of all the ammunition loaded in the gun. Slower aim time and a little less accurate (not much) while standing because of the increased weight. No decrease in accuracy while prone or kneeling.

Hope that helps. :o=

I would say that the original game isn't really a good reference..... It has multiple errors in weapons stats and performance. If you download a mod you canbe sure that all parts of that mod if made the same way, in other words their weapons work in comparison with all other weapons in the same mod. It's hard to compare mods becouse modders have a personal feeling on how it should be. My advice is when playing a mod, use only the weapons that come with the mod and don't combine weapon mods.

Thanks folks...

if one wants to add only some weapons without altering all originals the problem is staying between "realism" and game stats...

Taking the aim time into account is a good point; had overlooked that before...

An M-4 with a M-203 would be heavier and take a longer time to aim because it is more mass. There would be a little less recoil when the rifle fired. There would not be any accuracy change.

M-4 with a C-mag would make the rifle a pound or two heavier because of all the ammunition loaded in the gun. Slower aim time and a little less accurate (not much) while standing because of the increased weight. No decrease in accuracy while prone or kneeling.

Hope that helps. :o=

Weight doesn't make a gun more or less accurate. Some people even prefer heavier rifles for target shooting cause it helps slow down sight movement compared to a light rifle, making it easier to aim.

The M203 on the other hand *should* effect accuracy because it attaches to the barrel causing a pressure point. This is why so many target AR15s are sold with free-floated handguards, to keep things from touching and creating pressure on the barrel.