bp weapons pack v3.0

I understand, but like I said, it was a clean install. I extracted the unbundled version and ran it pretty well for a week or so. Then I installed the OTS patch and the game goes FUBAR whenever I start a mission (tried it on the Training Mission). In other missions, I can get to the briefing screen and it crashes when I launch the mission. Tried reinstalling several times, and I deleted the whole 3.0 folder with every install. I can still run 2.07 and 2.05OTS just fine. Could having previous versions installed be the cause?

EDIT: Okay, now even the vanilla game is going FUBAR. Going to try to reinstall the whole thing. I'm guessing this is just user error. Ah well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. :D

Edited by thefirewarriors

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, but like I said, it was a clean install. I extracted the unbundled version and ran it pretty well for a week or so. Then I installed the OTS patch and the game goes FUBAR whenever I start a mission (tried it on the Training Mission). In other missions, I can get to the briefing screen and it crashes when I launch the mission. Tried reinstalling several times, and I deleted the whole 3.0 folder with every install. I can still run 2.07 and 2.05OTS just fine. Could having previous versions installed be the cause?

EDIT: Okay, now even the vanilla game is going FUBAR. Going to try to reinstall the whole thing. I'm guessing this is just user error. Ah well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. :D

Check the mods folder and make sure there's no bundle in there. Also the custom_levels folder gets a bundle too. So make sure those are both gone if you are using the un-bundled version. Get rid of the english folder. Make sure the context file you are running from has the correct "language" set. Should be bp_weapons_pack_v3.0(or something like that). Mod entry should be commented out.

Old versions really don't cause a problem bundle or otherwise, since they all should have their one context.xml and bat files to run from. However, the game is pretty tempermental on various systems it seems. Oddly enough, just having an english folder can cause issues, especially with the ots versions. I had those problems myself.

Thanks for the support, Brettzie! You the man!

I reinstalled GRAW2, updated to latest, installed BWP3.0 and tried to run it. Crash. Took your advice and checkd around the mod folders and Local folders. Deleted English folder in local as well as a leftover 2.07bundle file in mod. Tried again. Runs nice. Installed OTS patch. Ran BEAUTIFULLY.

Epic tech support! :D

Now 'scuse me while I snipe some more 'spic rebels... xD

• 1 month later...

Love the mod, but there is a problem with the mk14 in MP/coop tho... We tried to install the mod on both computers, everything worked ok, but we noticed that the clients doesn't see the mk14, in game... for them the mk14 looks just like the MR-C, is there anything i'm doing wrong? I've tried both unbundled and bundled version and both worked the same.

Edited by Ragshnak

Love the mod, but there is a problem with the mk14 in MP/coop tho... We tried to install the mod on both computers, everything worked ok, but we noticed that the clients doesn't see the mk14, in game... for them the mk14 looks just like the MR-C, is there anything i'm doing wrong? I've tried both unbundled and bundled version and both worked the same.

Strange. Is this campaign coop or the other kind? Any special map you are trying to run? Usually that means someone has different id#s for the weapons(perhaps remnants of an old mod) or it's reached some kind of limit and just putting the last numbered weapon to anything above it. At least, that's what it does for attachments. Or, one person doesn't have the mod installed correctly. I'd have to look at the original weapon id#s and compare them to how I arranged them to see if it's anything obvious.

The first thing I would suggest is remove any other mods you have and get rid of the english folder. Do a search for rogue .xmb files and try the un-bundled one again.

I did try to check for .xmb files, but with no luck to find any... We even copied the game over to the others computer but the result was still the same, i have not tried to reinstall so i'll try that.

We did have version 2.05 installed b4 unbundled version, but we removed all of it.

Yes we play campaign coop mission10 so it's original missions.

sorry if i misunderstood something of what you wrote, but i will try and re-install now and see what happens.

Ok, i tried to make a clean install, update to 1.05 and then install unbundled 3.0 weapon pack, and started the campaign coop mission10 mission(also tried mission1 with no luck). We did also try to host on the other computer and see if the problem was still there, and yes, clients had the MR-C instead of MK14 which the host has.

I noticed a new thing though, i checked the weapon after the player died and when i went to look at the weapon it said "MR-C old" maybe it'll help you a little...

Does this happen with any other weapons from my pack? We may have reached the weapon limit like we did with the attachments. I'm not at home, but I'm downloading the mod and will look at the xmls to see what the actual numbers are. This sounds like a similar behavior to what attachments do beyond #31, in MP.

The Mrc is an odd bird. I had to make a duplicate mrc just so the icons would show up when you are kitting your weapons up. I left the old one in there to prevent crashes, but it is unselectable in the missions. However, there may be a few laying around such as in the training mission. The reason I called it "MR-C old" is just so I'd know which was which.

Dang. I think that is the problem, but probably a very easy solution. If you want to, try this:

1. open weapon_data.xml in lib/managers/xml

2. find this: <weapon_data unit="crye" name="crye" weapon_id="63" inventory_slot="primary"

3. change the 63 to 64 (maybe try 15)

4. find this: <weapon_data unit="bp_mk14v1" name="bp_mk14v1" weapon_id="64" inventory_slot="primary"

5. change the 64 to 63 (maybe try 14)

Looks like 63 is the highest number for MP, which makes sense 64bit 0-63 (0 will crash I'm sure). That happens with the attachments only they go up to 31 and 0 crashes, 32bit limit I guess. I knew that 64 looked ominous when I made this version. Hopefully this works. It shouldn't affect anything since the crye is not used, just a place holder. It may crash mods like BlackHawkDown though, that have cryes laying around everywhere. My BHD patch should fix that though.

It also would not appear as a bug in SP. Let me know if this works and I will update the mod. Not many people playing MP with this I suppose since no one has mentioned it before.

Looks like there are a bunch of unused weapon id#s too. 14 - 21 are probably valid if you want to try any of those for the two weapons above.

Edited by Brettzies

Here is a new weapon data .xml to try:

weapon_data.xml

It goes in

bundled:

local/english/lib/managers/xml

or

unbundled:

local/bp_weapons_pack_v3.0/lib/managers/xml

I just renumbered everything from 1-49. I was cursious to see how many were actually in use. I'll try it myself later. Should work, but you never know with these things.

Thx! The new weapon_data.xml fixed the issue with the MK14!

Actually there is another problem for campaign coop which you maybe can't do anything about or maybe it's meant to be that way i dunno, but the other issue is that many of the original weapons make the clients crash, but not for the host (pretty similiar problem).

the weapons i know that has the issue is these ones:

M99

M416

XM8

XM8 compact

MR-C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

this issue has been there since 2.05 too, never used 2.06/2.07 so i can't tell, but i'm pretty sure it didn't work on any of those either.

thx alot for the help though!

Edited by Ragshnak

Wow, this is good to know. I checked the numbering on my mod and it topped out at ....... 61 ........whew! (there are some openings elsewhere, though).

Rahn

Try renumbering starting from 1 and just going up each entry. If you use xml marker, you'll see several are grey-ed out. You'll probalby end up around 40-45 I bet. I think it will work, but haven't actually tried running the game yet.

Thx! The new weapon_data.xml fixed the issue with the MK14!

Actually there is another problem for campaign coop which you maybe can't do anything about or maybe it's meant to be that way i dunno, but the other issue is that many of the original weapons make the clients crash, but not for the host (pretty similiar problem).

the weapons i know that has the issue is these ones:

M99

M416

XM8

XM8 compact

MR-C

P.S.

this issue has been there since 2.05 too, never used 2.06/2.07 so i can't tell, but i'm pretty sure it didn't work on any of those either.

thx alot for the help though!

Good to know the other one works.

Campaign coop is going to crash in MP unfortunately with many of the stock weapons. I could mod it to remove "all" of the problem weapons, but that would affect SP as well. Most people like to play [GR] coop instead, so I never really wanted to do it. It's actually not the weapons themselves but the attachments. Any attachment out of the range of 1-31 will most likely crash a client in MP, coop, campaign coop, or whatever. But yeah, I'm aware of all those weapons causing issues.

I found another thing that i thought was a little wierd btw, and it's the amount of ammo you get on the secondary weapons, i'm pretty sure you get 5 mags to most weapons but not with the sig, why is that? =S

Also i would like to know if there's a easy way to change the weight of the weapons in game?

for example, if you change weight on the m468 so it only takes 1 dot instead of 5 it actually weights.

BIG ISSUE WITH 3.01!

umm i dunno what actually happened here, but somehow in this new 3.01 makes the players invulnerable in campaign coop... This issue was not there with the 3.0 with just the new weapon_data.xml...

P.S.

I still wonder why the sig556 only has 3 extra mags and all the other have 5 (secondary weapons)?

Also i still wonder if there's a easy way to change the weight of the weapons in game?

If you have the unbundled version it is pretty easy. Go to the "weapon_data.xml"

lib/managers/xml/weapon_data

Right click on the file and select "edit"

You should see the contents of the xml file. All the weapons will be listed there. To change the number of clips you get just change the number next to "clips" for each weapon. To change the weight of each weapon simply change the number next to "slot_weight".

For example: slot_weight="5" to slot_weight="1"

Save the file and run the game. That's about all there is to it.

Enjoy,

Rahn

BIG ISSUE WITH 3.01!

umm i dunno what actually happened here, but somehow in this new 3.01 makes the players invulnerable in campaign coop... This issue was not there with the 3.0 with just the new weapon_data.xml...

P.S.

I still wonder why the sig556 only has 3 extra mags and all the other have 5 (secondary weapons)?

Also i still wonder if there's a easy way to change the weight of the weapons in game?

Darn. Forgot I had that turned on for testing purposes. Not sure why the sig v2 was set to 3 mags. I guess maybe I was trying to balance it when I made it as a secondary a few years ago, but since the mk18 has 5, I'll put it to 5.

As for the weight thing. I'm not changing that, but feel free to make your own custom edits as rahnman has pointed out. Personally I think setting everything to 1 is a bit cheesy, but feel free to play as you see fit.

Alright, here's an updated version. Will try to get this onto the first page soon. The gr.net link is still v3.01 and the moddb link will take some time to get reflect the change, but the filefront one is available now.

v3.02 Additions

·Fixed god mode in SP campaign to "off."

·Increased Sig552 secondary to have 5 mags in stead of 3

Downloads:

-----------------------------------------------

WeaponPack: (contains both bundled and un-bundled versions)

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v3.02 - Moddb Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v3.02 - FileFront Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v3.02 - GrNetLink

Edited by Brettzies

• 1 month later...

All of your mods are awesome! When I am using your mods I feel like I am playing a new game from Ubisoft! My favorite weapon is the MRC. If you added the MRC to the secondary weapons with all of your great scopes this would be great!!! Also an upgunned version of the MRC for primary weapons. Thanks for all your hard work!!

• 6 months later...

Hate to post this, I'm sure there is an answer somewhere in here but I can't find it...installed Brettzies Weapon Pack v3.02 GRAW2. Running in single player, I get an error message "data/lib/managers/groupmanager.dsf (-1): No Soldier Template named "STONE".

Seems I've seen some discussion on this but reading those, I could not determine what to do. I do get the fancy movie showing those sharp dudes before the error message. Hope there is a simple answer (probably no such luck) since I'm new here.

Thanks for your help.

Tom