bp weapons pack v3.0

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks rahnman, it worked, my only problem was that I thought I was supposed to install the unbundled, mainly placing files manually. Finally figured out that you just unzip the file into the same location as your program (graw2), just like on the bundled file. The only instructions I found only talked about the bundled. Anyway, it now works. Thanks again.

Now I need to find a forum location for heavy discussions on stratagies, my limited experience seems that there are a lot of cheats in the standard games in graw2. Example, a enemy guy (or girl) that was difficult to kill would sneak up behind a junk van positioned close to my spawn area and just pick us off. I was able to hide around something and watch the van closely (mind you we are really close), and could not see him. I had several team members surround the van and rapidly fire at him but no one could hit him, but he could just rapidly pick us off one at a time. I have to show a sliver of myself to fire or find him, but couldnt, yet He could still get me. Seems like something is wrong here!!! I know that some people can get really good but this is not real. Any advise as to where I can hold this type of discussion?

Tom

That is probably somebody "glitching". They have found a way to get "off map" and sneak around to your spawn. From this point they can get "inside" one of the buildings and poke their gun through the wall and shoot you indiscriminately. You can't shoot through the wall they are behind unless you happen to hit their hand when it pokes through the wall when they shoot. Either that or they can get "below" the map where they are on a floor beneath the ground and can shoot up through the ground and hit you. It's a whole lot of fun for them and very infuriating for you. Most reputable servers don't tolerate this type of stupidity and will ban anyone who does it. If this were to happen to me I would just leave the server and play somewhere else. Eventually this person will be "taken care of" by being banned from the servers.

As far as a good place to have these discussions ........ there is none better than here. Just start a new discussion thread and there are always people here to help you out.

Cheers,

TAW_Rahnman

Thanks TAW_Rahnman

I check who is on the team and anyone who has an excessive amount of kil. I move on to something else. I have found I can compete when I find a game where none of the players havea large amount of kills. The one I mentioned had 92 kills in the short time that game was on (nowhere). I would hope all administrators or whoever controls the servers would watch these high counts and somehow figure out if they are cheating. I am a competetive person in real life, baseball, golf, etc., and I don't know how anyone who uses cheats get any kicks out of that. I enjoy trying to outsmart someone in the game etc.,

I did get the Brettzies and played it single player, and the gun I used is one where I never miss. Before, my score shows, example 50 hits and 25 instant kills. With this gun, I get 50 hits and 50 instant kills, which is not realistic, kinda takes away from the requirement to be more careful. The only reason I wanted to use Brettzies Weapon Pack was to see if others are out shooting me because of the type gun they have, this was before I was told by John (Admin) that I probably had to setup my own server since I couldn't find any games using his guns. Standard games would not let me in the Multiplayer part, which is understandable.

Sorry for my longgggg post, I have just started playing with online games and trying to understand the concepts. Mercy, there are a lot of discussions about making mods, but hard to find servers that play them....

Regards,

Tom

I thought you might be interested in this, after posting my last message, I played the "nowhere" game and sneaked up close to the spawn area, hidden up the mountain in the showows and was able to pick off people, which became frantic with them, two of the individuals were hard to kill but I managed, except when they spawned back (they were the top shooters) they submerged themselves below ground except for the head and part of their shoulders. This gave them time to locate me and shoot hitting me with one shot, ironic isn't it that this happened exactly as you said... now what to do about it...!!!

you could always tell the server or like rahn said, just quit the game and go to another one, or start your own server and anyone who does that gets banned :P excuse me if i come across as a little dumb :wacko:

oh and i dont mean to sound pushy or like i am admin or a mod (which i'm not) but i think this mutiplayer "glitching" issue might be better discussed in another thread if you dont mind me saying. you might get more help.

Edited by zeealice

hey zeealice, no problem, I don't mind people saying things as long and they are trying to help, and I would like to go to another thread if I knew where to look. I would prefer server's police their own site and fix problems, obviously thats not being done and I don't want to set up a server... Any ideas to where to post?

• 3 months later...

Hi Brettzies,

First of, I love your pack. However I was wondering how to lower the volume for weapons with custom sounds like Scar and M4/M16? They are way too loud compared to stock weapons like HK416 or even explosions and other environment sounds. So lowering volume of custom weapon sounds for like 50% would be nice.

Please get back to me if anyone is still alive here.

I never really understood the volume in this game. It was always out of whack for me. You can try going into the xmls for the weapon sounds and adjust the gain setting for each one:

Local\bp_weapons_pack_v3.02_ALL\sound\weapons\bp_m4v2\bp_m4v2_sound.xml and sound_3rd

You could also try going into the bp_sounds directory and manually reducing each one with a sound editing program, probably the best way. I might look into that, but don't really know who's playing this much anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod looks great! But I'm not clear on the third person mode. Can you switch between first and third person views?

Not on the fly (ingame). You need to install OTS version in order to have 3rd person.

@Brett

I think I found a bug. In "weapon_data.xml", RPG7 capacity="30" instead of 1. No big deal, I changed it but someone who is using bundeled version ends up with having 30round mag in RPG in mission 9. :)

Don't mean to double post but this mod is awesome! The weapons are great and so are the sounds.

I need help on the fourth mission. After I destroy the tank at the cemetery, I die immediately for no reason. I don't know if its a bug with this mod or the game. By the way I have the steam version of GRAW2.

Never mind I got past it.

Edited by GethHunterJ

• 11 months later...

Hello, I have Brettzies WP v3.02 installed with the OTS patch. Scott Mitchell has nothing above the collar, no head or helmet. Also, his ammo/equipment pouches are still in the default ACU color for some reason. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out, thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hey i was hoping you could help me out. i got the weapon pack but i dont know what folder to extract the file 2 and i dont know if i only extract the whole file i downloaded or just the bundle. please help

• 1 year later...