GR: Future Soldier delayed until 2011.

=warcloud=

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Delayed - News at IGN

During Ubisoft's annual fiscal call this morning, the company announced it is delaying Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier until March, 2011.

The game was originally scheduled for release this coming holiday when the title was first announced.

During the call, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot added the game will be showcased for the first time at E3 next month.

I'll look forward to the showcase at E3 next month then.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the economy situation,trust me.

Personal reason I see their sales down is the fact they are diviating away from the roots of certain games.

If they actually cared about the fanbase OR, "start" caring about it,then they might be onto something,but I dont see that happening.

Like AC1,that blew me away,I hadnt seen anything like that before,AC2 was too easy and crap compared to the first.

Splintercell franchise,well that ended with Chaos Theory.

GR,I wont even bother LOL,or just sell the rights to a company that actually gives a ######.

If I was a millionaire,Id book a room,invite you all in to talk about what you and the community want from the game[and when]put it in there and hire a real games developer company.

Correction: The game was originally supposed to be released by March 31, 2010. Not really surprised though nor could care less. I'm not sure why Ghost Recon even exists anymore. I would much rather see them start over where the first Ghost Recon ended or at the very least just build upon the AW series. Why UBI insists on re-inventing the series every time around is beyond me.

Well maybe the next R6 will be moved up then. Though I'm dreading the news that the next R6 operatives will be running around space stations shooting lasers.

if you ask me they are all a bit stupid to delay the franchise yet again i mean prince of persia came out a couple of days ago and i'm pretty sure that came out with no delay.

Edited by zeealice

Personally I can't see this game making a significant return on its development cost at this point. There isn't a huge interest in this game from the casual market or even the hardcore audience ( GR - even GRAW ) which is disillusioned with this new direction. I think this is going to be a very costly faliure for Ubisoft.

For me, even at this early stage, it has too many blantant design flaws. Trying to shoehorn a set franchise into another more successful franchises style and gameplay mechanics ( ie MW2 ) is a surefire way to ensure a disaster. But we will wait ( and wait and wait ) and see.

They cite financial woes as a reason to postpone a game past the busiest shopping time of the year?!?!?!?!?!? Does not make one bit of sense. Maybe they didn't want to compete with COD7 and the new Medal of Honor because they know they can't. Please UBI, sell the Tom Clancy franchise, you are just embarrassing yourselves now.

Maybe they didn't want to compete with COD7 and the new Medal of Honor because they know they can't. Please UBI, sell the Tom Clancy franchise, you are just embarrassing yourselves now.

No mystery there - the CEO admitted as much: "Due to a very competitive environment, we decided to move the game out of the Christmas quarter, and into the March quarter. It will also provide additional time to our development teams to realize their vision."

Maybe they didn't want to compete with COD7 and the new Medal of Honor because they know they can't. Please UBI, sell the Tom Clancy franchise, you are just embarrassing yourselves now.

No mystery there - the CEO admitted as much: "Due to a very competitive environment, we decided to move the game out of the Christmas quarter, and into the March quarter. It will also provide additional time to our development teams to realize their vision."

Which tells me they have little confidence in FS. If it was MW3 or another HALO title I can see moving it because of competition but COD7 is considered an "off year" COD release (no offense to Treyarch, I liked WaW) and MoH is a "reboot" of the series.

Personally I can't see this game making a significant return on its development cost at this point. There isn't a huge interest in this game from the casual market or even the hardcore audience ( GR - even GRAW ) which is disillusioned with this new direction. I think this is going to be a very costly faliure for Ubisoft.

For me, even at this early stage, it has too many blantant design flaws. Trying to shoehorn a set franchise into another more successful franchises style and gameplay mechanics ( ie MW2 ) is a surefire way to ensure a disaster. But we will wait ( and wait and wait ) and see.

Ditto; and to amplify these points consider; while Ubisoft obviously has enormously capable Developer talent, it's blatantly obvious that Business and Marketing have been increasingly out of touch with their Customers and where they're steering both products and the company for some time -- this makes itself evident across the Ubisoft corporate, product and customer contact presence in a multitude of ways:

· lack of focus in virtually every venue of publishing, marketing, and development

· bizarre, inept, and blatantly leading marketing campaigns

· horrible Customer Service

· conspicuously broken and poorly integrated web presence

· awkward/inept public/community relations across all titles

· repeated poorly handled DRM public relations fiascos

· repeatedly demonstrated poor understanding of 'brand' and 'franchise' development

· marginalized products generateing steady revenue

While Ubisoft manages to turn decent numbers with some titles; it's hard to feature any company with the resources and assets Ubi brings to market (so consistently and frequently squandered), combined with their massive marketing and advertising intuitives, consistently performing so poorly... From the outside Ubsoft gives every appearnace of suffering the same issues other large, top-heavy companies in the tech sector suffer from; ergo bloat-itis -- where seniority, favor, and tenure prevail over merit and results...

:blink:

Edited by 101459

It's good to see some of the old school GR1 players on here.

Man that list says it all. I think the basic strategy is to always lowball the release date to try to drain as much interest as possible from competing games and that the real probable release date is always known. I miss the time when games as well as movies weren't hyped two years before release. They just seemed to pop up on cover disks on magazines etc. GR1 was like that. I was looking at ace screen shots for a month or so then bam, the demo was out, soon after that the game was out. Now you spend two years drooling, then get delayed six months (or cancelled) then you get a game that is so dumbed down it hurts to play it.

Fortunately this latest slap to the face has no sting because I have zero expectation of the game so I just dont care any more. Sheeet, they might as well go the last step and get Cliff Bleszinski to design the next GR ;)

Good job UBI, you have unimpressed the casual gamer and alienated the dedicated gamer.

Always look on the bright side kiddies...this delay could give Ubisofts' creative dept. enough time to include a teleporter to the mix.
Oh my days, your comments are as juvenile as some of those delinquent/idiotic posts at the official site.
you get a game that is so dumbed down it hurts to play it.
Then don't buy said games, simple as really.

I realise that GR:FS being delayed once again is not what we want to hear but I would ask you all to keep your posts civil, insulting other members will only lead to arguments.

Let's have a good clean debate. :thumbsup:

<br />Insulting fellow forum members is no way to get your views across.<br />

Oops, haha, I have fixed/edited that now. Actualy it was not meant as an insult per se, just pointing out how immature some comments can be. It's very clear how some/many feel about ghost recon future soldier, but it just gets annoying having to read or hear repeated drivel.

I realise that GR:FS being delayed once again is not what we want to hear.

Individuals who harp on about the same thing over and over again is somewhat vexatious and not what we want to hear or read all the time.

Always look on the bright side kiddies...this delay could give Ubisofts' creative dept. enough time to include a teleporter to the mix.

Christ, don't give them any ideas. I vividly remember when [the name Ghost Recon: Predator was trademarked] we joked that the new GR game would include invisibility cloaks and shoulder-mounted weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if a GRFS cutscene included the line "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

Anyhow, the delay is hardly a big surprise (games get delayed all the time), but I would think missing the holiday season will hurt sales.

Edited by krise madsen

I'm completely indifferent to the GR:FS delay as it will be the first thing with a Ghost Recon on the label I won't be buying for any platform, and I usually buy for all platforms (PC, Xbox, PS3, PSP) if there's any content/product differentiation... I could be motivated to reconsider if Ubisoft changes it's position and plans for the kind of DRM it intends to roll on the title, but how likely is that really?

Consider how confounding, bizarre, and arrogant Ubisoft's position and presentation are in the context of how many times they've profoundly screwed-the-pooch (at enormous cost), a company that consistently under performs (considering what they have to bring to market), and yet they still belt out prognostications like this one, and other consistently ridiculous blanket statements and commitments they don't keep. While this has come to be the standard of what's expected from Ubisoft; it's really pretty abymal coming from an entertainment company.

In business there's a trend to treat and regard corporations as individuals legally; but ponder for a moment the kind of person Ubisoft would be:

• He'd be well dressed, have a good education, earn a decent paycheck, have a very nice house, be fun to be around, and generally considered a 'cool' guy -- to a point... But Mister Ubi would also be an obnoxious loud-mouth, chronically late for work, promise his boss work he couldn't accomplish, never learn from the mistakes of others and rarely his own, he'd be in debt, and as a Neighbor or Pal he'd be they guy that you could never really trust or respect as he'd repeatedly have abused yours. Summarily Mr. Ubi is the guy with all the 'right stuff', all the life opportunities to do well and right, but more of a let down then the Bum born broke going in circles, because of how he squandered what he had, abused trust, and conducted himself...

Obviously this analogy only goes so far, as unlike a person a corporation has no need or concern for how much people (or even their Customers) like them; but if they want Customers, they should be concerned about how much people respect and trust them. I contend you can't have one without the other, and Ubisoft has neither the trust or respect of this prospective Customer...

:(

Agreed...UBI always seems to be willing to push the envelope (more so than just about any other publisher) but they never seem to try and see it to the end. It's almost as if they get to a point and say "good enough", take their ball and go home, leaving people standing around shrugging their shoulders.